News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

All in all, what do you think of Brawl?

Started by SkyMyl, June 10, 2008, 02:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

All right, we've gotten acquainted with Brawl, we've had tourneys, online matches, and challenges, so after three months, what's your final opinion on Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Does it suck, is it fun, enjoyable? Come on, what do you really think of Brawl? And don't mention that the Online sucks. We all know it does.

I find Brawl awesome in a lot of ways, mostly in the fact that it's geared more torwards Multiplayer now. The Masterpieces shouldn't be in there, as they could've scrapped it and put the original N64 SSB in there, and the Challenges are a nice addition. So I'm pleased with the results.

Cornwad

Brawl is one of the best reasons to buy a Wii.

Yup.

Eizweir

I hate how people are reacting to this game.
It's a lot like the Window's Vista, people get used to the older stuff, then start complaining when something new comes out because, well, it's new.  They don't know how to change, so they just drop it and leave it.  Now for me, well I was horrible at Melee, Brawl has given me the chance to become good because it's a fresh star.  All you have to do is approach it like something new, instead of something older.
Melee was different from SSB64, right?  So why are people overreacting about Brawl?  >:(
It's a great game, so suck it up and live with it.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Nayrman

It's the best reason to own a Wii by far. More characters/stages/ and still poop load of fun to play with friends (unlike some OTHER multiplayer series these days...I'm looking at YOU Mario Party!).
However, a few dissappointments between the roster/stageroster/single player.
It took three games to get an actual single player MODE that wasn't generic (go through this stage,etc.) and it doesn't work at all. I mean, at least Tekken can come up with a COMPETENT story, along with the likes of Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, and so on. Not to mention the genericness of the entire single player mode. It was good for what it was worth, but seriously more thought should've been put into this X_X;;

Oh...AND ONLINE SUCKS!

Macawmoses

To be honest, it is merely a good title, not fantastic, not amazing, not bad....just...good

For those saying it is one of the reasons to own a Wii, I assure you, it is far from the case for me. Anyone here hear of Metroid Prime 3? How about this little thing called WiiWare? Seriously, fanboyism, that is all it comes down to.

Melee was a solid title...scratch that, an amazing title, Brawl was a letdown. Sakurai himself admitted most of the development went to single player, and it wasn't really that epic, either. Average, describes it. Imagine what the game would have been like if we waited as long as we did for a Melee like title, then get back to me.

Nayrman

Quote from: mackormoses on June 10, 2008, 03:42:02 PM
To be honest, it is merely a good title, not fantastic, not amazing, not bad....just...good

For those saying it is one of the reasons to own a Wii, I assure you, it is far from the case for me. Anyone here hear of Metroid Prime 3? How about this little thing called WiiWare? Seriously, fanboyism, that is all it comes down to.

Melee was a solid title...scratch that, an amazing title, Brawl was a letdown. Sakurai himself admitted most of the development went to single player, and it wasn't really that epic, either. Average, describes it. Imagine what the game would have been like if we waited as long as we did for a Melee like title, then get back to me.
Brawl got over twice as much development time as Melee did...
Metroid Prime 3 was great, but then again tell that to the "casual" crowd.
WiiWare is good....but lets get some more "great" titles from it (Can't Wait for GEometry Wars and online Bomberman). Until we start getting stuff like "Everyday Shooter" quality, WiiWare will be behind Live Arcade.
Brawl is one of the reasons to own a wii, like Melee was for Gamecube. It's pretty much the only series that truley appeals to both casual AND hardcore gamers (while everything is quickly going "casual" besides Metroid and Zelda....ugh...)

SkyMyl

I focus on the gameplay more than anything, and that's why I love Brawl. The gameplay is near perfect, but you're right about one thing. It wasn't that epic...and if Sakurai worked on the game for a few more months...they could've perfected the game. and fixed many of the problems we see now.

But really, I still love the game.

Nayrman

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on June 10, 2008, 04:18:41 PM

I focus on the gameplay more than anything, and that's why I love Brawl. The gameplay is near perfect, but you're right about one thing. It wasn't that epic...and if Sakurai worked on the game for a few more months...they could've perfected the game. and fixed many of the problems we see now.

But really, I still love the game.
Fix problems...and realize ROB was a BAD idea.  :robotangry:
stupid robit...I wants my Isaac

Macawmoses

You are both disillusioned, Brawl's gameplay was aimed at the casual gamer, which made it reek, really. Furthermore, WiiWare has nothing but potential, especially with Pay and Play, Dr Mario, LostWinds, etc. Prime 3 is one of those timeless titles, too, that I'll go back and play years from now, knowing that it stood against the casualness of the Wii, and its' fans. I could go back and forth on this for hours.

darkmario

Quote from: Nayrman on June 10, 2008, 03:45:35 PM
It's pretty much the only series that truley appeals to both casual AND hardcore gamers (while everything is quickly going "casual" besides Metroid and Zelda....ugh...)

Agreed.

Because of touch generations,nintendo has gone soft on its games.Don't get me wrong,I think the wii is the best out of the next gen systems but the titles are too easy.

Macawmoses

Quote from: darkmario on June 10, 2008, 04:25:44 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on June 10, 2008, 03:45:35 PM
It's pretty much the only series that truley appeals to both casual AND hardcore gamers (while everything is quickly going "casual" besides Metroid and Zelda....ugh...)

Agreed.

Because of touch generations,nintendo has gone soft on its games.Don't get me wrong,I think the wii is the best out of the next gen systems but the titles are too easy.
Nothing wrong with the TG titles, I own most of them, and they get a lot of play time, but Ninty is trying []too[/i] hard to attract new customers.

Nayrman

Quote from: mackormoses on June 10, 2008, 04:22:44 PM
You are both disillusioned, Brawl's gameplay was aimed at the casual gamer, which made it reek, really. Furthermore, WiiWare has nothing but potential, especially with Pay and Play, Dr Mario, LostWinds, etc. Prime 3 is one of those timeless titles, too, that I'll go back and play years from now, knowing that it stood against the casualness of the Wii, and its' fans. I could go back and forth on this for hours.
No, Brawl's gameplay is practically unchanged from Melee (besides a few tweaks to remove SHFFL mostly, glitches, etc.). It's the CONTROLS that make it "casual". I can't say for sure that MP3 is one of the "timeless" ones. It played great and is my second favorite Wii game I own (behind Brawl). I agree that it has nothing but potential for WiiWare. Especially for nice cheap-o games like the Bomberman game.

I have one thing to say tho: PAY AND PLAY IS THE MOST LUDICROUS IDEA NINTENDO HAS EVER COME UP WITH. Until they bother making online play wothwhile, it is not worth paying for. I already pay for the Wiiware stuff so why should I pay more for a download game to begin with?

Playat

I say brawl is great and very addictive IMO
I wish Sakurai could've have finish Mewtwo and the other lost characters' data though.
Online suck but just have to bear with it. at least there IS online for brawl.
SSE adventure mode was great

Nayrman

Quote from: PLAYAT on June 10, 2008, 04:33:16 PM
I say brawl is great and very addictive IMO
I wish Sakurai could've have finish Mewtwo and the other lost characters' data though.
Online suck but just have to bear with it. at least there IS online for brawl.
SSE adventure mode was great
Same...and I wants my Isaac (Hell, I just want more Golden Sun in general...)
Online shouldn't have sucked. Nintnedo pulled hte plug on Voice Chat (WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?) and made it lag horribly.
I mean this was Nintnedo's BIG CHANCE to get online right but then they completely blew it. I have no hope for Nintendo getting online right until next system now.
SSE was okay. Level's and enemies were way too generic for my tastes. I wanted Adventure from Melee. Run through Zelda dungeon with Samus, or hop inthe Mario level with Fox and the like. But sadly I doubt we'll get that anymore

Macawmoses