News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

I need someone to argue for me

Started by Macawmoses, July 02, 2008, 02:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum

By know your putting your foot in your mouth dude. You might want to stop.
Also, I can't see a slow Ridley. I just fought him again on Super Metroid and he isn't THAT slow. I would say Large character Medium strength with strong Air attacks.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Java

Quote from: MagnumSonic on July 02, 2008, 09:02:11 PM
By know your putting your foot in your mouth dude. You might want to stop.
Also, I can't see a slow Ridley. I just fought him again on Super Metroid and he isn't THAT slow. I would say Large character Medium strength with strong Air attacks.
I would say he should be slowish on the ground (not too slow though), but fast in the air.

Triforce_Luigi

Ridley has wings. If he's walking, then he's probably gonna be slow, but to dash, he can sort of glide slightly above the ground. I believe Charizard follows a similar mechanism. Of course, Ridley would have multiple jumps and flying capabilities, and almost anyone could make up a decent moveset for him. Why should he take any longer to program into a game than any other character? He's no more complex than Charizard or Metaknight. Besides, Metroid needs a new character.

Mutilator7

Okay, he is a possible character

mario59

I guess i am just against ridley, i think we need one of the hunters like Sylux instaed!
Betrayal, even unwilling, will sometimes be forgiven, but oftentimes the friendship will never heal, and the lost trust will never be regained.

Sig by Star.

SSBB FC: 2664-3293-2320

Java

Quote from: mario59 on July 03, 2008, 12:05:40 PM
I guess i am just against ridley, i think we need one of the hunters like Sylux instaed!
Why would we need a hunter? Ridley has been in practically every Metroid game. (Was he ever not in one?)

Cornwad

Quote from: Java_Java on July 03, 2008, 01:34:42 PM
Quote from: mario59 on July 03, 2008, 12:05:40 PM
Why would we need a hunter? Ridley has been in practically every Metroid game. (Was he ever not in one?)

Metroid II, Metroid Prime II, and Hunters. But Samus is the only character to appear in more games :O

Depster

Yeah, he'd basically be a combination of how they worked Bowser and Charizard in, and huge flying dragon toned down a bit.

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

Kilroy

Quote from: Ridley on July 02, 2008, 04:26:55 PM
Hey I got the same pm. ;D Anyway Charizard is all you need and some size arguements.
Charizard is about 6 feet tall, last time I checked. Not much bigger than Ivysaur.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Doodle

I don't see how he couldn't work. He'd have to be about the size as he was in the original Metroid though. :P
YEAH

Kilroy

OK, for all of you people that said "lol charizards a fukin hooooooooooooooje dargon", Charizard is 5 feet, 7 inches.

Not much taller than an average human. The reason that Ridley is small in the original Metroid, is because everything was small in Metroid. Mother Brain was only about 2 1/2 Samus's...

It would be nice to have another Metroid rep, but it would more than likely be a darned clone, because that's how Smash works. Sakurai being gone might change that, who knows. Dark Samus or a Hunter are the most likely choices.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Cornwad

Quote from: Byte on July 04, 2008, 07:51:49 PM
OK, for all of you people that said "lol charizards a fukin hooooooooooooooje dargon", Charizard is 5 feet, 7 inches.

Not much taller than an average human. The reason that Ridley is small in the original Metroid, is because everything was small in Metroid. Mother Brain was only about 2 1/2 Samus's...

It would be nice to have another Metroid rep, but it would more than likely be a danged clone, because that's how Smash works. Sakurai being gone might change that, who knows. Dark Samus or a Hunter are the most likely choices.
I think the point is that a dragon-like character can work in Smash Bros :P
The size doesn't matter, they can re size Ridley :D

Apollo

no ridley couldnt work so i wouldnt argue THAT for you.
i love to argue but when Sakurai laughs at the idea, then Ridley has no chance

Java

Quote from: Apollo on July 04, 2008, 08:20:32 PM
So what? Just because Sakurai doesn't think Ridley can't work, means that he can't work?

Cornwad

Quote from: Java_Java on July 04, 2008, 08:50:26 PM
Quote from: Apollo on July 04, 2008, 08:20:32 PM
So what? Just because Sakurai doesn't think Ridley can't work, means that he can't work?
He never said he can't work, he just said he'd have to be really slow :P