Main Menu

I need someone to argue for me

Started by Macawmoses, July 02, 2008, 02:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Java

Quote from: Cornwad on July 04, 2008, 08:53:37 PM
Quote from: Java_Java on July 04, 2008, 08:50:26 PM
Quote from: Apollo on July 04, 2008, 08:20:32 PM
no ridley couldnt work so i wouldnt argue THAT for you.
i love to argue but when Sakurai laughs at the idea, then Ridley has no chance
So what? Just because Sakurai doesn't think Ridley can't work, means that he can't work?
He never said he can't work, he just said he'd have to be really slow :P
Which is total BS.

Laziness to the extreme...

Apollo

Quote from: Java_Java on July 04, 2008, 09:02:56 PM
So what? Just because Sakurai doesn't think Ridley can't work, means that he can't work?
Which is total BS.

yeah he actually laughed when asked about ridley?
there was an interview about it in "i want to say" nintendo power

Cornwad

Quote from: Apollo on July 04, 2008, 09:16:23 PM
Which is total BS.

He never said he couldn't be in, he just said he would be slow :P
In that same interview. I wouldn't mind a slow Ridley. It would be like Charizard :O

thunderhero4

Quote from: Cornwad on July 04, 2008, 09:19:48 PM
Quote from: Apollo on July 04, 2008, 09:16:23 PM
Which is total BS.

He never said he couldn't be in, he just said he would be slow :P
In that same interview. I wouldn't mind a slow Ridley. It would be like Charizard :O
Perhaps charizard was supposed to be ridley but was too suckish to be a single character :P

Neerb

Sakurai just hates Ridley:  he says Ridley would be really slow, and yet he put Ridley in the game as a boss that was bigger and faster than any playable character!  Excuses, Excuses.  The reason Ridley didn't get in isn't because of size problems (anyone who still thinks that should be shot), speed problems, popularity, or any other game mechanics, it's because Sakurai made this game for himself instead of the fans; that's why ROB, Olimar, Pit, and Ice Climbers got in, and yet more popular characters with more games, such as Krystal, Ridley, and Ray 01, didn't get in.

Java

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on July 05, 2008, 08:53:07 AM
Sakurai just hates Ridley:  he says Ridley would be really slow, and yet he put Ridley in the game as a boss that was bigger and faster than any playable character!  Excuses, Excuses.  The reason Ridley didn't get in isn't because of size problems (anyone who still thinks that should be shot), speed problems, popularity, or any other game mechanics, it's because Sakurai made this game for himself instead of the fans; that's why ROB, Olimar, Pit, and Ice Climbers got in, and yet more popular characters with more games, such as Krystal, Ridley, and Ray 01, didn't get in.
I agreed with you until the end.

Olimar, Pit, and Ice Climbers, all deserve to be there.
Olimar has a popular franchise. Pit added to the number of retro characters. Ice Climbers were a completely unique character that deserved to stay.

I don't think those four characters didn't affect whether or not Krystal, Ridley, and Ray 01 got in.
We didn't need a 35-character limit on the roster..

Cornwad

Quote from: Java_Java on July 05, 2008, 09:21:14 AM

Olimar has a popular franchise. Pit added to the number of retro characters. Ice Climbers were a completely unique character that deserved to stay.

I don't think those four characters didn't affect whether or not Krystal, Ridley, and Ray 01 got in.
If you count each transformation of characters as a character you get 40 :O
I was just about to say the same thing. Pikmin is a Miyamoto franchise, so Olimar automatically deserves to be there :P
And at this point I think its obvious why the retro characters like Pit and the ICs are in Brawl:
Both of their games have Eggplants in them ;D

Apollo

maybe another reason why Ridley didnt get in is because he was needed for subspace
why alter a character so much in order to make him playable?
ridley fit into sse so easily and was a great boss
THE END

Cornwad

Quote from: Apollo on July 05, 2008, 03:50:52 PM
maybe another reason why Ridley didnt get in is because he was needed for subspace
why alter a character so much in order to make him playable?
ridley fit into sse so easily and was a great boss
THE END

Like R.O.B. was :D
But he wasn't a boss... :(
Oh well, there is always Smash 4

Neerb

I didn't say that Olimar, Pit, and Ice Climbers didn't deserve to be there, I said that those others I listed deserved it more.  And in terms of whether or not something deserves to be in Smash, I never count their contributions to the Smash games:  for example, NOW that Ice Climbers have already been in, there's no way they could go, but if they had never been in Smash in the first place, no one would be complaining "Popo and Nana should have been in Brawl as a team!!!"  Meanwhile, we've got tons of Krystal, Ridley, Ray 01, and even Deoxys fans that Sakurai completely ignored.  Also, on a less relevant note, why did Silver get an appearance in a level, and Rouge didn't even get a trophy?!?  Rouge is way more important to the Sonic series than Silver, or Blaze for that matter (both of whom, by the way, got their own trophies)!

Cornwad

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on July 05, 2008, 10:20:12 PM

I didn't say that Olimar, Pit, and Ice Climbers didn't deserve to be there, I said that those others I listed deserved it more.  And in terms of whether or not something deserves to be in Smash, I never count their contributions to the Smash games:  for example, NOW that Ice Climbers have already been in, there's no way they could go, but if they had never been in Smash in the first place, no one would be complaining "Popo and Nana should have been in Brawl as a team!!!"  Meanwhile, we've got tons of Krystal, Ridley, Ray 01, and even Deoxys fans that Sakurai completely ignored.  Also, on a less relevant note, why did Silver get an appearance in a level, and Rouge didn't even get a trophy?!?  Rouge is way more important to the Sonic series than Silver, or Blaze for that matter (both of whom, by the way, got their own trophies)!

Eh... Olimar deserved to be in more than any of those people. With the exception of Ray01, all of those  characters are just sub-characters in their series. Shouldn't main characters like Olimar and Pit get in before sub characters?

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on July 05, 2008, 10:58:40 PM

Eh... Olimar deserved to be in more than any of those people. With the exception of Ray01, all of those  characters are just sub-characters in their series. Shouldn't main characters like Olimar and Pit get in before sub characters?

Olimar:  yes
Pit:  not sure, seeing as how he only had two games, both of which are really old and not exactly ground-breaking or super famous

But this still doesn't explain why Ray 01 didn't get in as playable:  Custom Robo has had more games than Pikmin, it's been out longer than Pikmin, it's newest game is newer than the newest Pikmin, and because of all this, it's probably more popular than Pikmin.  And Ray 01's size isn't a problem, seeing as how even though he's only a foot high, he's still 12x taller than Olimar.

Cornwad

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on July 07, 2008, 05:10:52 PM
Quote from: Cornwad on July 05, 2008, 10:58:40 PM

Olimar:  yes
Pit:  not sure, seeing as how he only had two games, both of which are really old and not exactly ground-breaking or super famous

But this still doesn't explain why Ray 01 didn't get in as playable:  Custom Robo has had more games than Pikmin, it's been out longer than Pikmin, it's newest game is newer than the newest Pikmin, and because of all this, it's probably more popular than Pikmin.  And Ray 01's size isn't a problem, seeing as how even though he's only a foot high, he's still 12x taller than Olimar.
Ehh... maybe, I've never even played a Custom Robo game.
But Pit got in because fans wanted him in... same with Lucario. They weren't completely ignoring fans.

mario59

By hunter i mean non-clone, and i honestly think sakurai might just come back!
Betrayal, even unwilling, will sometimes be forgiven, but oftentimes the friendship will never heal, and the lost trust will never be regained.

Sig by Star.

SSBB FC: 2664-3293-2320

Cornwad

Quote from: mario59 on July 07, 2008, 09:14:56 PM
By hunter i mean non-clone, and i honestly think sakurai might just come back!
But Ridley has been in almost every Metroid game... every hunter except Sylux has only been in one. Besides, those Japanese people don't seem to be too fond of Metroid Prime. I would think that Ridley (being the only other Metroid character of real importance) would get in first.