News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

So based on the reaction of everyone here...

Started by Tupin, July 15, 2008, 10:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic

Quote from: Nayrman on July 15, 2008, 03:10:26 PM
I feel exactly that way. The completely abandoned the hardcore players...
When your biggest game is Animal Crossing then SOMETHING is wrong.
Where is ANYTHING even REMOTLY hardcore? Call of Duty and GTA were pretty much it.
At least throw us a BONE NIntendo? I mean seriously at least TRY! This was rather pathetic, I have NOTHING to look forward to on my Wii...
You do realize that E3 doesn't mean they have to show everything right? There's more coming. Nintendo's got Disaster, probably SF and FZ, and I'm willing to bet they'll publish Conduit.

HTA!

More like they ripped peoples balls off and stomped on them.
I wasn't pleased with ANY of the announced games, as AC is hardly a favorite of mine.

WiiSpeak has potential, but really unless its made more versatile than it seems to me ill take a pass.

DS is still my one stop shopping for Nintendo Goodness.
Fire Emblem and numerous other titles are whats keeping my Nintendo fanboyism alive...
Thank god for Brawl. >_<

Tupin

Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 15, 2008, 03:14:42 PM
Where is ANYTHING even REMOTLY hardcore? Call of Duty and GTA were pretty much it.
At least throw us a BONE NIntendo? I mean seriously at least TRY! This was rather pathetic, I have NOTHING to look forward to on my Wii...
You do realize that E3 doesn't mean they have to show everything right? There's more coming. Nintendo's got Disaster, probably SF and FZ, and I'm willing to bet they'll publish Conduit.
That's what High Voltage wants the publisher to be.

Once again, the media summit is where they announce their big games.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Again, it's at least another "throw me a bone" moment.
If they've got those...whey didn't they show it?  :robotangry:
Hell, they didn't even have to show gameplay! Just show me a screen or two of those games and I'd be happy, but they don't even mention it...

Nayrman

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on July 15, 2008, 03:18:22 PM
I wasn't pleased with ANY of the announced games, as AC is hardly a favorite of mine.

WiiSpeak has potential, but really unless its made more versatile than it seems to me ill take a pass.

Fire Emblem and numerous other titles are whats keeping my Nintendo fanboyism alive...
Thank god for Brawl. >_<
thank god someone finally agrees with me.

HTA!

Quote from: Nayrman on July 15, 2008, 03:22:24 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on July 15, 2008, 03:18:22 PM

Thank god for Brawl. >_<
thank god someone finally agrees with me.
Last E3 was at least entertaining...
If they show a FZ or a new FE, or hell some kind of original game I would be satisfied.

I'm glad I got my 360 when I did.
Tales of Vesperia
GH 4 and Rockband 2 (Probably the former)
Hell maybe even a new Madden

I'll at least have something to play...

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 15, 2008, 03:19:27 PM
Hell, they didn't even have to show gameplay! Just show me a screen or two of those games and I'd be happy, but they don't even mention it...
Well, they have to save stuff for TGS, Leipzig, E for All, and their own media summit.

There's four more major conventions during the rest of the year. Which makes more sense? To announce everything at a show that probably won't even be there next year, or to spread them out over the course of several months?

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 15, 2008, 03:26:25 PM
Well, they have to save stuff for TGS, Leipzig, E for All, and their own media summit.

There's four more major conventions during the rest of the year. Which makes more sense? To announce everything at a show that probably won't even be there next year, or to spread them out over the course of several months?
Um...you do realize E3 is still the biggest conference in gaming right? E for All and Leipzig are practically nothing compared to it, and probably little will be revealed at TGS. E3 has always been the big news event.

HtA, I agree...at least I have Resistance 2 and LittleBig Planet to keep me well entertained...

Mystic

That's the way I see it. E3 got the casual stuff out of the way. Nintendo has nothing left to show us BUT the big games. Mario, Zelda, and Metroid probably won't be showing up. But Pokemon, Star Fox, and F-Zero are likely (Pokemon Platinum better be).

And the rest of E3 can still bring us something from 3rd parties.

E3 isn't special anymore. After last year, I think people stopped caring. Nintendo's media summits are what we have to look forward to now. And TGS.

Nayrman

Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 15, 2008, 03:33:11 PM

That's the way I see it. E3 got the casual stuff out of the way. Nintendo has nothing left to show us BUT the big games. Mario, Zelda, and Metroid probably won't be showing up. But Pokemon, Star Fox, and F-Zero are likely (Pokemon Platinum better be).

And the rest of E3 can still bring us something from 3rd parties.

E3 isn't special anymore. After last year, I think people stopped caring. Nintendo's media summits are what we have to look forward to now. And TGS.
Because heaven forbid Nintendo do things like other people because it works. Again, if they're there, WHY NOT SHOW THEM!? I mean it makes no sense! I can understand something held back but frankly they showed nothing again.

Tupin

Nintendo doesn't like to act like other companies. That's why they are on top.

E3 isn't going to be the largest gaming event anymore. Tokyo Games Show and Leipzig are much bigger events for all three of the big companies because E3 is barely anything anymore. I would honestly be surprised if there is an E3 2009. They said the fluff and extravagance got in the way of presenting, but  when in reality it's what kept the convention alive for eleven years.

E3 2008 was one of the worst I have ever seen in terms of the big three. There's more in places like the Tokyo Games Show and Leipzig and E for All then any other convention. Especially for Nintendo.

tl;dr, Nintendo got the "meh" stuff out of the way today. The rest of the year should be good for Nintendo.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 15, 2008, 03:51:59 PM
Nintendo doesn't like to act like other companies. That's why they are on top.

E3 isn't going to be the largest gaming event anymore. Tokyo Games Show and Leipzig are much bigger events for all three of the big companies because E3 is barely anything anymore. I would honestly be surprised if there is an E3 2009. They said the fluff and extravagance got in the way of presenting, but  when in reality it's what kept the convention alive for eleven years.

E3 2008 was one of the worst I have ever seen in terms of the big three. There's more in places like the Tokyo Games Show and Leipzig and E for All then any other convention. Especially for Nintendo.

tl;dr, Nintendo got the "meh" stuff out of the way today. The rest of the year should be good for Nintendo.
Leipzig is small as crap...it's just noticeable becaues it's the biggest European one...little, if anything, gets announced there.
Nintendo hates TGS and rarely announce anything big. I think the last time they did there was the Wiimote in 2005

They're probably waiting for their own event, and even then it'll be more of hte same with MAYBE one game I'd like announced. Nintendo hates people like me, actual hardcore gamer, ya know.

Put them on top? It's completely alienating them from the gaming community. Microsoft and Sony couldn't care less what Nintendo is doing based on the demographic make up. I hate how they said this isn't a "fad"...it's a complete fad...and they need to stop kidding themselves about this. It has a lot of similarities to the old Atari age before the crash IMO.... X_X;;;

Daft Pink

Quote from: DBY106698 on July 15, 2008, 11:32:38 AM
Gamree hates the way Reggie sounds. His voice makes Gamree's ears bleed.
I just find it funny how he says everything so seriously.

Mystic

Alienating? By doing what? Serving both hardcore and casual? By giving us downloadable games? Giving us some form of online?

They aren't alienating themselves or anyone. Unless your someone who expects Mario on Monday, Zelda on Tuesday, and the more Metroid games by friday.

Macawmoses

Ya, differentiating yourself is bad. That's why they have the number one console and portable, both of which are twins to the others. Foolish me.