News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

So based on the reaction of everyone here...

Started by Tupin, July 15, 2008, 10:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 15, 2008, 04:56:29 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 15, 2008, 04:54:01 PM
If anything, they are against planned obsolescence. They believe in what Gunpei Yokoi called "lateral thinking of withered technology."

Gamers are the ones that don't buy unique titles like Psychonauts. Because they are too busy with the same old FPS to care.

Why wouldn't you take advantage of people who don't know better? Who needs integrity when you have money? That's how many companies these days think.

They just need an aggressive marketing campaign for games like Psychonauts and Okami. That can sell anything. Just ask Nintendo.  ;)

Hooray corporate greed...no wonder we're in the second coming of the great depression if stuff isn't changed quick X_X;;
I meant planned obsolesnce for games...I think I got bored of every game after a short period of time on the Wii besides Brawl while I still play PS3 stuff even though it's sort of old.

Actually, Nintnedo has the worst ad campaigns of the big three...
It's less corporate greed and more capitalist. Taking money from stupid and/or uninformed people is a major marketing tactic.

They are relying on celebrities playing DS games. It is literally the WORST commercial series I have seen just because it defeats the purpose of a commercial by not telling you ANYTHING about the game. If there's one marketing gimmick that I can't stand, it's a company trying to sell a LIFESTYLE rather than a product. If the product is good enough, it will speak for itself.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 15, 2008, 05:01:48 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on July 15, 2008, 04:56:29 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 15, 2008, 04:54:01 PM
If anything, they are against planned obsolescence. They believe in what Gunpei Yokoi called "lateral thinking of withered technology."

Gamers are the ones that don't buy unique titles like Psychonauts. Because they are too busy with the same old FPS to care.

Why wouldn't you take advantage of people who don't know better? Who needs integrity when you have money? That's how many companies these days think.

They just need an aggressive marketing campaign for games like Psychonauts and Okami. That can sell anything. Just ask Nintendo.  ;)

Hooray corporate greed...no wonder we're in the second coming of the great depression if stuff isn't changed quick X_X;;
I meant planned obsolesnce for games...I think I got bored of every game after a short period of time on the Wii besides Brawl while I still play PS3 stuff even though it's sort of old.

Actually, Nintnedo has the worst ad campaigns of the big three...
It's less corporate greed and more capitalist. Taking money from stupid and/or uninformed people is a major marketing tactic.

They are relying on celebrities playing DS games. It is literally the WORST commercial series I have seen just because it defeats the purpose of a commercial by not telling you ANYTHING about the game. If there's one marketing gimmick that I can't stand, it's a company trying to sell a LIFESTYLE rather than a product. If the product is good enough, it will speak for itself.
Capitalist is making money by keeping existing customers while doing just enough to bring in new customers consistantly.
Corporate greed is taking advantage of stupid people and not caring who you have to ignore/trample to do it... (a.k.a. everyone today).

I hate that too...thanks a lot Mac...
I mean they tell you NOTHING about the computer...just badmouth PC's (even though PC's are better for certain things and Macs are better for certain things). I also hate celebrities...thats why any project I hope to do in the future I will NOT use celebrities EVER...

Tupin

Major corporations are corrupt. That's all I can say.

I just see the whole selling a lifestyle thing as a crutch for an inferior product.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 15, 2008, 05:08:25 PM
Major corporations are corrupt. That's all I can say.

I just see the whole selling a lifestyle thing as a crutch for an inferior product.
Exactly...it's why I rarely buy stuff I don't need anymore (besides my games). It's just not worth it...
and god knows if washington is going to do anything about it...but then again they're not much better X_X;;

Oh wait...this is wrong board. Go to PM's for this discussion...

Tupin

Ok, so this E3 was disappointing for Nintendo.

But it can only get better from here, right?

Cornwad

Apparently the amazing title Reggie was talking about was Animal Crossing.
I like Animal Crossing, and will probably buy it on November 15th, but I wouldn't think of it in the way Reggie was talking about.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 15, 2008, 05:13:12 PM

depends on what happens during Nintendo's usual event in the fall...

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 15, 2008, 05:16:26 PM

Pikmin 3, F-Zero Wii, Kid Icarus, Pilotwings Wii, the possibilities are endless.

Quote from: Cornwad on July 15, 2008, 05:15:29 PM
I like Animal Crossing, and will probably buy it on November 15th, but I wouldn't think of it in the way Reggie was talking about.
Animal Crossing isn't a hardcore title. It's a title that everyone can like, hardcore gamers included.

A hardcore title would be Mario/Zelda/Metroid along with F-Zero, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem and Pilotwings.

HTA!

On a side note, when Nayr mentioned Brawl...
Its not Nintendo's fault the online connection is poopty, its GameSpy.   :-\

Nayrman

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on July 15, 2008, 06:09:29 PM
Its not Nintendo's fault the online connection is s***ty, its GameSpy.   :-\
Then dump them and get a good server...they did for MKWii X_X;;

Tupin

Its not Nintendo's fault the online connection is poopty, its GameSpy.   :-\
Yeah, don't they run Nintendo's servers?

You mean with all of the money and resources Nintendo has they can't operate their own server?

HTA!

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 15, 2008, 05:24:43 PM

Pikmin 3, F-Zero Wii, Kid Icarus, Pilotwings Wii, the possibilities are endless.

Animal Crossing isn't a hardcore title. It's a title that everyone can like, hardcore gamers included.

A hardcore title would be Mario/Zelda/Metroid along with F-Zero, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem and Pilotwings.
Golden Sun please. :(

Nayrman

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on July 15, 2008, 06:11:08 PM

Golden Sun and Kid Icarus please...
we've asked for these for how long and gotten nothing in return?

HTA!

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 15, 2008, 06:10:51 PM
Its not Nintendo's fault the online connection is s***ty, its GameSpy.   :-\
Yeah, don't they run Nintendo's servers?

You mean with all of the money and resources Nintendo has they can't operate their own server?
GameSpy runs a lot of servers, the problem with Brawl, and it would be the same with Nintendo mind you, is how the information is sent and received between Wii's is very unorthodox or rather leaves a huge margin for error.

And really, for free online why would Nintendo waste time and money on their own servers and keep them running properly?
You guys were saying its a business, and well...

HTA!

Quote from: Nayrman on July 15, 2008, 06:12:34 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on July 15, 2008, 06:11:08 PM

Golden Sun and Kid Icarus please...
we've asked for these for how long and gotten nothing in return?
GS3 was supposedly in the works.