Main Menu

How to hack Brawl

Started by Ridley, August 06, 2008, 07:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

Quote from: Byte on August 15, 2008, 08:32:38 PM
Quote from: JrDude on August 15, 2008, 08:17:11 PM
Quote from: tibar21 on August 15, 2008, 08:11:29 PM
all you need is common sense to know that hacking into stuff usually is illegal. This is pretty much unneccesary and no good can come of it. Nintendo is probably working on getting rid of this as we speak. Not only that, it's higly unlikely that anyone here has the expertise to be absolutely sure this thing doesn't harm your wii.
expertise wouldn't help in knowing, it has to happen before it is known. And it hasn't happened to anyone yet.

Quote from: Byte on August 15, 2008, 08:08:33 PM
Quote from: JrDude on August 15, 2008, 03:53:11 PM
I don't think Homebrew would be illegal.
And if it's illegal because it can download Wiiware games for free, then it must be illegal to cut my food with a knife, because I can stab someone with it.
It isn't illegal. It voids the warranty, and Nintendo can forcefully remove Homebrew with either an update, or simply something along the lines of remote desktop, except you can't stop it.

Downloading Virtual Console games is obviously illegal.
Dude, they were made downloadable by Nintendo, they don't put games there so you can't download them.
And I know that other stuff, but I also don't care.
I meant via homebrew.

You know, without paying.
Duh, we know that, as far as we know, no one is doing that, and I'M not doing that.
lrn2readrite
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kilroy

Quote from: JrDude on August 15, 2008, 08:36:21 PM
all you need is common sense to know that hacking into stuff usually is illegal. This is pretty much unneccesary and no good can come of it. Nintendo is probably working on getting rid of this as we speak. Not only that, it's higly unlikely that anyone here has the expertise to be absolutely sure this thing doesn't harm your wii.
expertise wouldn't help in knowing, it has to happen before it is known. And it hasn't happened to anyone yet.

And if it's illegal because it can download Wiiware games for free, then it must be illegal to cut my food with a knife, because I can stab someone with it.
It isn't illegal. It voids the warranty, and Nintendo can forcefully remove Homebrew with either an update, or simply something along the lines of remote desktop, except you can't stop it.

Dude, they were made downloadable by Nintendo, they don't put games there so you can't download them.
I meant via homebrew.

Duh, we know that, as far as we know, no one is doing that, and I'M not doing that.
lrn2readrite
How about you read my post right first.

"Downloading Virtual Console games is obviously illegal."

" Dude, they were made downloadable by Nintendo, they don't put games there so you can't download them."

We were on the subject of homebrew. It's OBVIOUS that I decided to go COMPLETELY off topic and say something incorrect! Because EVERYONE knows I would do something moronic like that!
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

BOSSNIG

Quote from: JrDude on August 15, 2008, 08:36:21 PM

I meant via homebrew.

lrn2readrite
You must seriously be completely dense.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Kilroy

Before JrDude posts, just going to say, I'm not arguing any further, because it's useless.

Hell, Darklink should stop too, honestly. He's only doing it because it's fun.

Yeah, it's fun to yell at people back and forth when you know there's no consequences behind it, that's human nature. Being able to get away with things that you normally couldn't. But no one is going to win, because the people that are using homebrew think they're right, and the people that don't think they're right. It's never going to stop until one of the sides gets tired.

I'm staying with my opinion, going with AR, etc.
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Cornwad

I would go with AR, but last time I got one of those Nintendo used an update to break it :(

It may do the same thing with homebrew, but this way I don't lose money :P

Kilroy

Quote from: Cornwad on August 15, 2008, 08:49:03 PM
I would go with AR, but last time I got one of those Nintendo used an update to break it :(

It may do the same thing with homebrew, but this way I don't lose money :P
Offline mode, turn off autosaving, AR, don't save when done, remove AR, Online.

A little bit of a hassle, same thing you should do with homebrew.
 FOR NSF MASCOT

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Byte on August 15, 2008, 08:47:27 PM
Before JrDude posts, just going to say, I'm not arguing any further, because it's useless.

Yeah, it's fun to yell at people back and forth when you know there's no consequences behind it, that's human nature. Being able to get away with things that you normally couldn't. But no one is going to win, because the people that are using homebrew think they're right, and the people that don't think they're right. It's never going to stop until one of the sides gets tired.

:<. Why must you reveal my secrets. I own at owning people just for fun. Last time I did it I got this as a prize:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Kilroy

Quote from: Darklink on August 15, 2008, 08:51:53 PM

:<. Why must you reveal my secrets. I own at owning people just for fun. Last time I did it I got this as a prize:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I honestly don't know what to say. There IS nothing to say to that.
 FOR NSF MASCOT

tibar21

[spoiler][/spoiler]

teh, that's nothing, i get that all the time.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

BOSSNIG

Guys. I recommend you hackers to get in the bunker now before Huelen bombs this thread.
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Kodiack

Those texture hacks are awesome. I question why Nintendo didn't actually use some varied textures, such as Shadow and Metal Sonic. The moveset could stay the same, but come on, have some variation. The Dark Link addition was neat, and they need to start doing some major makeovers like that instead of simple color changes.

One texture hack I'd like to see, even if I couldn't use it, would be the pajama Link from Wind Waker. I was actually surprised that they didn't have that over the Dark Link version. :\

Also, why the heck is there a limit on stage builder stuff anyways? You could cram way more stuff into the Wii's 48 MB RAM. Sure, some stuff may lag a bit, but come on, the stage builder is extremely crippled.

...Wow, my first post here in a while and it's mostly complaining. Uh, yeah, I'm not normally like this. >.>

JrDude

Damn you Byte, arguing is fun, I used to flame war people on Oldsider all the time, but it's harder here because there's less idiots...

@Kodiak
These guys doing the texture hacks will probably end up making a Pajama Toon Link, but with the hat (I'm pretty sure they can't take it off).
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kilroy

Quote from: JrDude on August 15, 2008, 09:05:12 PM
Damn you Byte, arguing is fun, I used to flame war people on Oldsider all the time, but it's harder here because there's less idiots...
Yes, I know it's fun, but I got tired of it :3
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Cornwad

Once they get the transparency down with Shadow Mario, they might be able to make Toon Link's hat transparent. And if they're doing two for each character, what would they do for Toon Link? :P

Ridley

Quote from: tibar21 on August 15, 2008, 08:56:03 PM

[spoiler][/spoiler]

teh, that's nothing, i get that all the time.

I'm sure you do. Anyway, I got the idea of AR doing that from the people it has happened to.

Also:

Quote from: Ridley on August 15, 2008, 11:03:25 AM
Damn it, kill the quote tree! Anyway Nobody is going to win due to conflicting opinions but oh well. Everyone has the right to an opinion.

I believe I posted that further back.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...