News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

New SMB Wii

Started by WiiGuy, June 02, 2009, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiiGuy

4 players....................

That was a let down in my mind, i was hoping for a a core 2d mario game.
it also looks like they to nsmb ds and just remade it for wii

thoughts?

Nayrman

see impressions thread, but yea, VERY LACKLUSTER.

Apparently Nintendo forgot they already did that for Zelda for the Gamecube, not to mention you can download co-op Mario games for free online.
Besides, two Toads instead of Wario and Waluigi? C'MON!

Nayrman

http://kotaku.com/5278060/no-online-play-for-new-super-mario-bros

No online cooperative play for NSMBWii... why? Because according to Miyamoto, it pushes the maximum processing power for the Wii.
Now, I rarely ever call Miyamoto when he actually says something. However, I have to call BULLSHIT on this one. A DS game pushes the Wii's processors to the max? Wow, this is why no one wants to develop anything for your system Nintendo X_X;;
Also, why not have online? You want us to connect with players right? Well, that's a way to do so!
*continues rambling for a long period of time*

Wow, MAJOR disappointment if I have to say so myself. Nintendo... GET YOUR LAZY ASS ONLINE

Tsumaru

That processing power thing seemed like a cop-out.

Oh well.  What little interest I had is dead now.

Doodle

Online would be a cool feature, not a must have.
You people act like the game 100% fails now, just because there's no online.
It's a nice perk, not something the game needs to have.

But Miyamoto using processing power as an excuse is just stupid, the Wii can do more than that. Much more.
YEAH

Nayrman

Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on June 04, 2009, 03:11:34 AM
Online would be a cool feature, not a must have.
You people act like the game 100% fails now, just because there's no online.
It's a nice perk, not something the game needs to have.

But Miyamoto using processing power as an excuse is just stupid, the Wii can do more than that. Much more.
In this day and age of gaming, if the main draw of the game is the multiplayer, then it really has to be online. There is no excuse right now.
Sure, having a 4 player game back on the N64 was nice, because there was no internet gaming.
But really, it's a platformer. Not a RTS, or an RPG, or anything else. It's Run, Jump, and shake Wii mote. I know it doesn't "need" it, but it's yet another opportunity Nintendo should take advantage of instead of fearing online for no good reason.

SkyMyl

I called a rant on this, so I'll just be collecting my money now.

The game will still be good. You just can't play online. Although, the excuse is stupid...

Playat

Wow that just sucks. The Wii is good but it also a problem when it comes to online.
WII NEEDS UPGRADE!!!

Triforceman22

Quote from: Nayrman on June 04, 2009, 06:51:23 AM
In this day and age of gaming, if the main draw of the game is the multiplayer, then it really has to be online. There is no excuse right now.
Sure, having a 4 player game back on the N64 was nice, because there was no internet gaming.
But really, it's a platformer. Not a RTS, or an RPG, or anything else. It's Run, Jump, and shake Wii mote. I know it doesn't "need" it, but it's yet another opportunity Nintendo should take advantage of instead of fearing online for no good reason.

Does Metroid prime 3 have online?
Does Mario Galaxy have Online?

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Nayrman

Quote from: Triforceman22 on June 04, 2009, 11:16:33 AM
Does Metroid prime 3 have online?
Does Mario Galaxy have Online?
Neither have multiplayer you dolt...
(and no, that stupid medal sharing and second player pointer don't count)

Captain Justice

Two Toads is really gay........just shows how lazy Nintendo is.

I would never buy this poop.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Nayrman

Quote from: Echo on June 04, 2009, 03:17:05 PM
Two Toads is really gay........just shows how lazy Nintendo is.

I would never buy this s***.
Especially since they're YELLOW and BLUE toads (a.k.a. why not use Wario and Waluigi!?)

Doodle

Wario and Waluigi didn't have anything to do with NSMB. And I doubt they will in this game.
Having them in it would be stupid.
YEAH

Nayrman

Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on June 04, 2009, 03:37:34 PM
Wario and Waluigi didn't have anything to do with NSMB. And I doubt they will in this game.
Having them in it would be stupid.
Better than two color coded Toads who serve no other purpose than being obligatory 3rd and 4th players.
Besides, Wario was in Mario DS where he had no business in being...
And we can't have Yoshi since I think I've seen a screen of everyone riding Yoshis. And c'mon, this would've been a good chance to finally put Waluigi in an actual Mario game X_X:;

Doodle

Quote from: Nayrman on June 04, 2009, 03:39:41 PM
Better than two color coded Toads who serve no other purpose than being obligatory 3rd and 4th players.
Besides, Wario was in Mario DS where he had no business in being...
And we can't have Yoshi since I think I've seen a screen of everyone riding Yoshis. And c'mon, this would've been a good chance to finally put Waluigi in an actual Mario game X_X:;
Wario was only in NSMB for a mini-game, which all came from SM64. ;)
But to me, the Toads are fine. Besides, why would Wario and Waluigi be helping to beat Bowser? D:
YEAH