News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

New clones wanted?

Started by Neerb, July 16, 2009, 10:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Alright, at this point, I think it's pretty obvious that we will always have clones, and by clones I don't necessarily mean carbon copy, I mean same basic Specials (for example, Falco is a Fox clone, Ganondorf is a Captain Falcon clone, but Luigi is NOT a Mario clone).  So, I was thinking... wouldn't cloning be an easy way for us to get DLC characters?  I mean, yeah, we don't like clones, but as long as we HAVE TO HAVE THEM, why not use it to our advantage?  For example, I think that Mewtwo could come back as a Lucario clone, only with different standard attacks and style, like Falco is with Fox.

So, if cloning meant we could get more characters, who would you want in and who would they be cloned from?

Cornwad

I would like to see Eggplant Wizard as a clone of Yoshi.

Shujinco2

I don't really know.

I guess... Hmm...

I guess I would like Dr. Mario to come back. I did like him as a clone, but he needs to be more revised. Much like Lucas is to Ness, if you can picture it. Same KINDS of moves, but each set works differently.

HTA!

Falco isn't really a fox clone.

I could see Hector as an Ike clone.
Although, Wii would have to be able to handle DLC first.

Neerb

Quote from: HTA on July 16, 2009, 10:57:53 AM

Guitar Hero for Wii has DLC.

HTA!

Quote from: SmashBro25 on July 16, 2009, 11:10:17 AM
Guitar Hero for Wii has DLC.
I meant large DLC, for a character would take up a fair amount of space considering all the info that would have to come with it.

Not to say the Wii couldn't handle a few characters, but nothing worth while.

And the fact that a character would more than likely cost money, and imagine Wi-fi problems.

Two people who could play before could get different DLC and not be able to play with each other.

Nayrman

Clones = lazy

and the Wii can't handle DLC. Too little memory.

Neerb

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on July 16, 2009, 02:22:46 PM
Goomba as a Samus clone.

Hey, since none of this will never happen, I could suggest anything =D

I'd think it obvious that the purpose of the thread is a hypothetical situation.  Answer as if it not only could happen, but that it IS happening.

JrDude

Quote from: SmashBro25 on July 16, 2009, 03:16:54 PM
I'd think it obvious that the purpose of the thread is a hypothetical situation.  Answer as if it not only could happen, but that it IS happening.
Fine.
Mega Man as a Samus clone.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Depster

There are rumors of wii with a hard drive and HD resolution coming out next holiday...

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

Nayrman

Quote from: Depster on July 16, 2009, 06:40:28 PM
There are rumors of wii with a hard drive and HD resolution coming out next holiday...
those are just rumors. Nintendo hates HD for whatever reason, I really don't get it.
Besides, adding that NEXT holiday season will be far too little far too late. At that point Nintendo should just hold of for the Wii2 and go all out for that system at launch.

The Riddler

Quote from: HTA on July 16, 2009, 10:57:53 AM

How is he not?
Every single move is the same. The only difference is speed and how he now kicks his reflector.

Captain Justice

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on July 17, 2009, 04:13:53 PM
How is he not?
Every single move is the same. The only difference is speed and how he now kicks his reflector.
Falco isn't a clone in Melee or Brawl.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

HTA!

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on July 17, 2009, 04:13:53 PM
How is he not?
Go do Fox's N-air.
Now do Falco's

And, their specials behave differently.
Clones are a new spin on a similar character, but clone is not the correct term in my opinion.

Neerb

Quote from: Echo on July 17, 2009, 04:16:20 PM
Falco isn't a clone in Melee or Brawl.

???  Okay, I can almost see an argument for him not being a clone in brawl, but there is absolutely no question that he's a clone in Melee.