What is your Music?

Guitar Hero
Rock Band
DJ Hero
Band Hero
Other

Custom

Quote from: RX-78-2 (TerribleFrog) on April 01, 2010, 01:14:17 AM
I'm a bit biased toward the Guitar Hero series, so that takes first place because they made GH5 look nice and you can stream songs. Also, the drums charts are better (I don't know about Expert+) as well as the controllers (for basic 1st party stuff). The Rock Band series is a close second because of awesome DLC and some other bells and whistles. RB controllers are not good though.

I've never played Band Hero or Lego Rock Band because the family stuff is dumb. As for DJ Hero, I'm not sure about it, but it's been recommended that I play it.

I'm not going to vote though because GH is just *this much* better, rather than enough to deserve a vote over RB.

>implying the guitar hero instruments are better than the Rock Band instruments

I've had to take mine back countless times. Maybe you don't play as much as I do, bu the Rock Band 2 instruments are the best around. The Guitar Hero ones drop notes much more often. Every single GH3 guitar is faulty in one way or another. The drums for Guitar Hero might have been plastic circles you place on the ground and assign notes to.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

RX-78-2

Quote from: Custom on April 04, 2010, 07:32:11 PM
>implying the guitar hero instruments are better than the Rock Band instruments

I've had to take mine back countless times. Maybe you don't play as much as I do, bu the Rock Band 2 instruments are the best around. The Guitar Hero ones drop notes much more often. Every single GH3 guitar is faulty in one way or another. The drums for Guitar Hero might have been plastic circles you place on the ground and assign notes to.
I don't play nearly as much as I used to, but the GH instruments are so much better than the RB ones; so much so that I used the GH ones until they were rendered--at least--largely unusable. The RB instruments are of lesser quality from the start, even if they do last longer. The GH instruments are of higher quality from the start, and, maybe because I used them much more, they degraded in quality a bit quicker. I'll agree that the GH3 instruments were flawed, but those are old and irrelevant, as I believe--or at least, I was--talking only of the latest instruments: from GH:WT and RB2 and later.

In addition, the RB drums are so much of lesser quality that I had to get the Premium Ion Drum Rocker (which I'm sure you heard of) just to have good quality for a RB drum kit. My GH drums didn't wear out until after a year of excessive use. First, the cymbals wore out (one after the other), but they were replaced easily. Then, the red pad became extremely thin and therefore extremely sensitive, which was the only irreparable problem (at least for consumers). The normal GH drum controller is of the same quality as a RB drum controller that costs three times as much.

The GH guitar controllers are far superior to the RB ones in every way that matters. The frets are easier to use, the strum bar is more responsive and precise, and the whammy bar is faster and better sprung. The GH guitar is even tougher as a whole.

Besides, who's implying anything? I've never heard of anyone else who thought the RB controllers (any of them) were better than their GH counterparts. Also, the RB controllers have been the "note-droppers" for me. On a side note, maybe it was it the game itself, but either way, it's a problem with the RB series.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Custom

Quote from: RX-78-2 (TerribleFrog) on April 04, 2010, 10:46:04 PM
I don't play nearly as much as I used to, but the GH instruments are so much better than the RB ones; so much so that I used the GH ones until they were rendered--at least--largely unusable. The RB instruments are of lesser quality from the start, even if they do last longer. The GH instruments are of higher quality from the start, and, maybe because I used them much more, they degraded in quality a bit quicker. I'll agree that the GH3 instruments were flawed, but those are old and irrelevant, as I believe--or at least, I was--talking only of the latest instruments: from GH:WT and RB2 and later.

In addition, the RB drums are so much of lesser quality that I had to get the Premium Ion Drum Rocker (which I'm sure you heard of) just to have good quality for a RB drum kit. My GH drums didn't wear out until after a year of excessive use. First, the cymbals wore out (one after the other), but they were replaced easily. Then, the red pad became extremely thin and therefore extremely sensitive, which was the only irreparable problem (at least for consumers). The normal GH drum controller is of the same quality as a RB drum controller that costs three times as much.

The GH guitar controllers are far superior to the RB ones in every way that matters. The frets are easier to use, the strum bar is more responsive and precise, and the whammy bar is faster and better sprung. The GH guitar is even tougher as a whole.

Besides, who's implying anything? I've never heard of anyone else who thought the RB controllers (any of them) were better than their GH counterparts. Also, the RB controllers have been the "note-droppers" for me. On a side note, maybe it was it the game itself, but either way, it's a problem with the RB series.

I have IONs. With IONs I beat things like WAHNTHAC. With RB2 drums I five star things like Visions. With Guitar Hero drums I fail things like Everlong. Even JLC knows that the Guitar Hero drums suck.
I can't tell you how many times my WT guitar has broken. Random frets stop working, the tapping thing hardly works, strum bar breaks.
If I'm going for FCs, I use my Guitar Hero 2 (360, although I have no problem with the PS2 guitars) guitar. Second best is RB2. Maybe I like the RB2 Guitar a bit more because it feels more like a real guitar. I have more room to hit notes and the whammy feels much more realistic. That and the solo buttons actually work.

Problem with the series? Maybe you don't know how to calibrate or hit notes in a timing window that isn't 8 seconds wide.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

RX-78-2

Quote from: Custom on April 05, 2010, 12:43:54 AM
I have IONs. With IONs I beat things like WAHNTHAC. With RB2 drums I five star things like Visions. With Guitar Hero drums I fail things like Everlong. Even JLC knows that the Guitar Hero drums suck.
I can't tell you how many times my WT guitar has broken. Random frets stop working, the tapping thing hardly works, strum bar breaks.
If I'm going for FCs, I use my Guitar Hero 2 (360, although I have no problem with the PS2 guitars) guitar. Second best is RB2. Maybe I like the RB2 Guitar a bit more because it feels more like a real guitar. I have more room to hit notes and the whammy feels much more realistic. That and the solo buttons actually work.

Problem with the series? Maybe you don't know how to calibrate or hit notes in a timing window that isn't 8 seconds wide.
How could you fail "Everlong" with a GH drum set? It's much easier for me to play that song with the GH:WT drum set on GH:WT than with their RB counterparts. Also, don't bring other people into this unless there are many of them and if they are significant. I don't know JLC; in this case, I have to assume that he, she, or it is a user at this forum, but a random person's (or organization's) opinion doesn't carry much weight here--especially if they're largely unknown.

But I digress. You obviously play drums for music games much more than I do; indeed, I play but 2-3 days a week for maybe an hour each day (with vacation weeks being the only exception). But as for the GH:WT guitar, mine has only broken once (the strum bar periodically switches from only strumming up or down). The whammy did break as well, but this only makes it easier to whammy, so I never count this as a problem. The "tapping thing" (whatever you're talking about) always works for me, as--whatever tapping you're referring to--, I've never had a problem with it/them. The frets--from what I remember (as I haven't used that guitar in a while)--worked fine for me. The GH:WT guitar was the first guitar to fix that problem, only being improved on in GH5.

I cannot say much about the RB2 guitar, as I don't own one and haven't used one much. However, what I do know is that the controller itself isn't much of an improvement over its predecessor. Personally, I've always liked the whammy bar on GH controllers better than those on the RB controllers. GH games are also much better for recognizing the way in which a whammy bar is used. Offhand, I'd say that GH games can recognize at least twice as much "whammying" than RB games. Although I must say that I've never found a problem with the solo buttons on my RB guitar.

Also, (I said this in my last post) keep in mind that I'm merely talking of GH and RB controllers from GH:WT and RB2 and later. The rest aren't exactly obsolete, but have been improved on much--at least in GH's case--and are therefore largely irrelevant in comparing and contrasting contemporary instrument peripherals. Thanks for the personal anecdotes though.

To your last comment, I hope you're saying that only facetiously, as my calibration is fine and I don't know of any 8 second "wide" timing window.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Turok

8) Fuck yeah Wii Music! Uh, I mean.....

I haven't played any of the recent GH games, not since they took the RB source code & edited in the GH logo added the other parts, but I play RB all the time.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Allegretto

Guitar hero because I am a god.

Java

Even though I own more Guitar Hero games than Rock Band games, I've come to the conclusion that I prefer Rock Band.

2-D

The Riddler

Quote from: Omega Bro on April 08, 2010, 08:45:17 PM
8) Fuck yeah Wii Music!

Oh god, intercourse ing this.

RB3 will be my game of choice as soon as it comes out. Pro mode seems hella interesting.

2-D

Quote from: Detective Conan on June 22, 2010, 08:13:07 PM
RB3 will be my game of choice as soon as it comes out. Pro mode seems hella interesting.

...Pro mode...? D: