News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

NSFCD Olympics: SSBB Tournament (Begins @ 7 PM CDT)

Started by Rius, June 06, 2010, 05:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayquarian

Quote from: Cornwad on June 21, 2010, 05:04:14 PM
You guys aren't facing each other anymore. It just keeps changing.
Now I'm facing you.  I'll add your FC right now.

Cornwad

Yeah, I'll add you. Best of luck to you and our internet connection. Things have a decent chance of going smoothly if there is no Ike and minimal Kirby involved.

Rayquarian

Quote from: Cornwad on June 21, 2010, 05:12:07 PM
Yeah, I'll add you. Best of luck to you and our internet connection. Things have a decent chance of going smoothly if there is no Ike and minimal Kirby involved.
Crap, Kirby's one of my best character.  But oh well.

Cornwad

I think its only one kind of color Kirby. Select one and if it doesn't work, pick another.

Rius

Alright, let's do this.

First, the rules of engagement:
# Stock - 3
# Time - 8:00
# Items - None, Off
# Winning Conditions - Preliminaries, Best of 1; Quarter/Semifinals, Best of 3; Finals, Best of 5. If time runs out, the Winner is determined by Stock, then Damage.
# Control Scheme - Competitors must set their control scheme before the match begins.
# Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned.
# If a tied game ends with Ganondorf or Bowser player using a Sacrificial KO, the Ganondorf/Bowser player is deemed the Match Winner.
# Stalling is banned.
# Competitors are allowed to change characters in between matches.

In the prelims, the default stage is Yoshi's Island; thus, the first match for each battle in the prelims is Yoshi's Island.

Stage Selection - Both Users will announce one (1) stage they want eliminated from the Allowed Stages list, bar the Default Stages. 1st Rounds of each Match will take place on the Default Stage for that bracket. For all subsequent Rounds of the match, the loser will select a stage from a modified Allowed Stages list that excludes the two eliminated stages and all stages already played that round, including the Default Bracket Stage. Allowed Stages are as follows:

* Battlefield (Default)
    * Final Destination (Default)
    * Smashville (Default)
    * Yoshi's Island (Default)
    * Castle Siege
    * Halberd
    * Lylat Cruise
    * Pokemon Stadium
    * Brinstar
    * Delfino Plaza
    * Frigate Orpheon
    * Jungle Japes
    * PictoChat
    * Pirate Ship
    * Pokemon Stadium 2
    * Rainbow Cruise

Both Competitors are required to select the determined stage for the Match; if a Competitors fails to comply, the opponent must report the action immediately to the #NSFCD_Olympics chatroom.

All of you participating get 25 points, provided you show up. Yay, you guys!
Discuss your stage choices either in this thread or in chat.

The prelims will be 3 matches each, just like the quarterfinals...

Now... BEGIN!

tibar21

Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

DededeCloneChris

So, what happens if a contestant doesn't show up?

Light

Quote from: Rius on June 21, 2010, 05:06:23 PM
Eheheh... Sorry about that. What you see now should be final.
>:( No fair. Chris always beats me, and every time i'm in a tourney here, he's my first opponent. Also he lags like you wouldn't believe.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Rius

Oh yeah. Report matches in Challonge! by following this link: http://challonge.com/nsfcdbrawl

Next to your name is a question mark; click on that question mark to report scores. Enter 1 for victory, 0 for loss. There should be 3 games per round, now.

Rayquarian

Quote from: Rius on June 21, 2010, 05:20:19 PM
Oh yeah. Report matches in Challonge! by following this link: http://challonge.com/nsfcdbrawl

Next to your name is a question mark; click on that question mark to report scores. Enter 1 for victory, 0 for loss. There should be 3 games per round, now.
3 games per round?

Light

Quote from: Rius on June 21, 2010, 05:20:19 PM

Enter what for every what now? I don't know about everyone else, but I can't enter anything on that bracket.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Cornwad

I won, but we only had one match. That was some pretty bad lag.

Rius

Yeah. Stages are chosen based on the rules I posted above. Best two out of three. Now...

Everyone knew the tourney was today. If a person doesn't show up for the prelims by 8:30, they forfeit. 9:30 for Quarter finals, 10:30 for Semifinals, 11:30 for Finals.

Rius

Quote from: Light on June 21, 2010, 05:22:11 PM
Enter what for every what now? I don't know about everyone else, but I can't enter anything on that bracket.
You can't because you didn't register. Report your results to me.
Quote from: Cornwad on June 21, 2010, 05:22:54 PM
I won, but we only had one match. That was some pretty bad lag.
If both of you are fine with just one match, that's fine by me.

JrDude

Can I do this later tonight?
I should be home by 10:00ish...
If not, then I guess I'm gonna be disqualified, or someone could take my place.
If I can still be in it, my FC is 3093 6768 7455 (or it should be that, confirmation later when I can check)
[move][/move]
Dude .