New World ~ A Semi-lit Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Roleplay. (Open)

Started by Light, October 02, 2007, 06:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Light

Hello. My name is Alakazam, former leader of the esteemed rescue team ACT. I would like to tell you a little about the history of the world of Pokemon. About five years ago, a human and his sister came to our world, and had transformed into a Pokemon. No one surely knows how they beacame Pokemon, but when they got here, they asked all different kinds of questions, but only few they got answers to.

Anyway, the humans bonded with another Pokemon, and together they formed a rescue team, helping Pokemon in danger everywhere. And when the world needed them the most as a meteor came on a crash course to our world, they were there to save us. They certainly were remarkable. After that astounding saving act, however, the two humans disappeared, and have not been seen since. Rumor has it that they are somewhere underground, perhaps underneath the Pokemon Square.

It is now the year 1999 of our world, and a large festival shall be coming soon. Luckily, not many rescue signals have been sent out for a while, and we are currently in a time of peace and tranquility. But we must always be on our guard, and be ready for anything...

Here are the rules of this roleplay:

1 ) Follow all the rules.

2 ) This is a semi-literate roleplay, meaning that you should use proper grammar all the time. You may have a spelling mistake from time to time, but please do not make it frequent.

3 ) No Godmoding.

4 ) No flaming others' characters. It is up to me to decide if they need altering.

5 ) Do not RP until I have given you the A-OK.

6 ) Keep OOC comments within double parenthesis.

7 ) You can NOT be a legendary Pokemon.

8 ) If you want items, you must either get them in your starter pack, or buy them in the Kecleon shop.

9 ) I will always give the rescue/explorer reward as I see fit.

10 ) I may post special rescue/explorer missions. If this happens, it is first come, first serve.

11 ) If you want to be an evil character, please tell me so within your application PM.

12 ) You may challenge other exploration/rescue teams to a battle, but it must be over a reasonable... reason? Yeah, reason. If this comes up, I will post how to fight in a battle between teams.

13 ) I may add on more rules as I see fit.

14 ) Have fun!

15 ) If you want to buy items, you must buy them from a Kecleon Shop worker or me.

16 ) If you want to buy an item, make sure it is in stock on post 3.

17 ) Rescue/Exploration teams all start out with 1000 Poke. You may earn more on missions. All other jobs start out with 500 Poke.

18 ) Limit of 3 people per rescue/exploration team.

19 ) A "Rank of Accomplishment" is how well you do on a mission, both as a team and individually. Your team will get a rank for how good you did (Normal, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, in order of worst to best). This is graded by how fast you completed the mission, how well you did in certain objectives, and more. You may also be awarded Poke, as well as other goods.

Here is the form you must fill out to take part in this RP:

Name:

Species: (Human or Pokemon)

Pokemon: (Can not be higher than a first evolution. Can only be first form if you were previously a human)

Background:

Move list: (Must be appropriate to your Pokemon. If previously was a human, can only have 2 moves. If was already Pokemon, can only have 3 moves. If you want to learn moves later in the RP, PM me when you want to and I will give you a response.)

Occupation: (Rescuer, explorer, move linker, worker at the Kecleon shop, etc. Can be almost anything. If you want to be a reacuer/explorer, you must fill out the next space. Also, if you want to be a rescuer/explorer, you must have at least one partner before you can RP.)

Team Name*:

PM me your application and title it "PMD".

More info may be added on later.

Currently in New World: The hit rock band, PokeRock, is coming from overseas to perform in Pokemon Square, in celebration of the release of their new album. However, a mysterious Gengar named Shane wishes to create the concert into a total disaster, as PokeRock refused to let them join. Team Koorikaze and Rakuro of PokeRock want to stop this from happening, and set out in finding Alakazam for help...
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Light

List of current RPers:

Rescuers:

Team Koorikaze (Full)

Name: Gyatsu (X_Hero)

Species: Human (is unaware of it)

Pokemon: Riolu

Background: Found trapped within a glacier, Gyatsu has no recollection of who he is. He lives in a small, yet suitable house on the edge of the beach outside of town. He really likes rock music, so sometimes he hums to any of the songs that he strangely still remembers. His reflexes are very reactive.

Moves:
Force Palm
Tackle
Aura Sphere

Team Name: Koorikaze

Name: Ryaku (Nils_13)

Species: Pokemon

Pokemon: Weavile

Background: He came from a foreign land a few years back. He has a cool and aloof personality. He used to always want to be alone, but ever since he met Gyatsu, he has become a little more social. His speed is and attack are top rate and he is very defensive when it comes to Gyatsu's safety or well-being.

Move list: Ice Beam, Night Slash, X-Scizzor

Team name: Koorikaze

Name: Mori (LightningSword)

Pokemon: Squirtle

Background: A light-hearted Squirtle, who loves rescuing for saving others. Will do anything to save his friends and others around him. He cannot stand evil, and wants to purify the world. His parents abandoned him when he was young, and has been living on his own for the past ten years. He then found the Team Koorikaze, and felt as if he could join a Rescue Team to save others. And so his story began...

Move list: Water Gun, Bubblebeam, Rapid Spin, Protect.

Team Name: Koorikaze

Explorers

Team InfernoBlaze (Full)

Name: Charcoal (JNeedforSpeed2014)

Pokemon:  Charmander

Background: Charcoal grew up wanting to be rich. He came from a poor family but is a hard worker

Move list: Fire Spin, Ember, Metal Claw, Scratch

Team Name*: InfernoBlaze

Name: Fugue (Triforce_Luigi)

Pokemon: Murkrow

Background: A sarcastic, clever, and confident young Murkrow. He enjoys inflicting pain and will start fights for the fun of it. He is incredibly greedy, and only goes exploring to make money and for the possible chance of battling and finding treasure.

Move list: Shadow Ball, Toxic, and Steel Wing

Team Name*: InfernoBlaze

Misc. Jobs

Name: Lux (Triforce_Luigi)

Species: Shinx (Pokemon)

Moves: Ice Fang, Discharge, Quick Attack

Background: Shinx has led a mostly happy life so far. He wants to join a rescue team, but he could never find the right one. So at least for now, he works at the Kecleon Shop to earn money.

Light

Kecleon Shop Stock

~Welcome to our shop!~

Escape Orb (x5) ~ 1 = 500 Poke

Blowback Orb (x3) ~ 1 = 500 Poke

Joy Seed (x2) ~ 1 = 1200 Poke

Quick Seed (x2) ~ 1 = 500 Poke

Iron Thorns (x20) ~ 10 = 600 Poke

Oran Berry (x2) ~ 1 = 50 Poke

Apple (x1) ~ 1 = 100 Poke

TM Thunderbolt(x1) ~ 1 = 2000 Poke

((Stock will change each day. Items that glow are special and are only available for a limited time. PM me to see if your character/team qualifies for that item.))

Light

Team Stock

Koorikaze ~ 1800 Poke; Blowback Orb (x1), Iron Thorn (x10)

InfernoBlaze ~ 700 Poke; Apple (x2), Oran Berry (x3)

Light

Arcs:

Introduction (Rescue Teams Arise!) ~ Pages 1-6
First Mission! ~ Pages 6-15
PokeRock! A New Evil Approaches... ~ Pages 17-?

Shujinco2

Alright!

I've givin you my profile!

ANYBODY want to join team Thunder Cloud?

Shujinco2

Quote from: Shujinco on October 02, 2007, 09:08:22 PM
Alright!

I've givin you my profile!

ANYBODY want to join team Thunder Cloud?
I wonder if anybody could make a sig add on for this.

I'll be right back.

Light

Ok, we have two people currently signed up! Please invite your friends so that this RP can evolve!

FearItself

I'll be joining, and I think my character will join Team Thunder Cloud. ;)

Shujinco2

Quote from: FearItself on October 03, 2007, 04:10:19 PM
I'll be joining, and I think my character will join Team Thunder Cloud. ;)
HECK YEAH!

Just fill out the form!

Nils_13

I PM'd you my application. Let me know if anything needs changed. ^_^

Shujinco2

Light

Shujinco2

Quote from: LIGHTNINGSWORD on October 03, 2007, 06:57:02 PM
Quote from: Nils_13 on October 03, 2007, 05:52:48 PM
I PM'd you my application. Let me know if anything needs changed. ^_^
Done. :P
I think my friend Herooftimeo0 has givin you his profile too.

Triforce_Luigi

I've PM'ed the application. May my character join Team Thunder Cloud as well? It has an awesome  name...