News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Am I the Only one who thought Prime 1 and 2's controls were clunky?

Started by ZGDK, December 09, 2007, 03:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZGDK

I haven't played Echoes (Christmas) only 3 and 1, but Prime 1 was amazing, but the controls felt more tailored for exploration and felt clunky in combat.

Gwen Khan

they were fine when I first played them, but going back to them after playing Corruption they do seem a little clunky

Tahrann

Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

LinkXLR

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR

Mystic

They were clunky, for lack of a better word. Thankfully, Corruption fixed that :)

Kaz

Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

NIGHTSHADOW1313

Of course, there'll be some difference. They're two different controllers!  :D But I sorry to most everyone in this thread saying they liked MP3's controls more. I like 1 and 2's more, by a lot. I kind of felt special, y'know, because with the Gamecube controller you could smash buttons so quickly and they were right where you needed them. With the Wii controller on Metroid Prime 3, I had a couple issues. One is that shooting was awkward. "Oh, another enemy!" *rapidly pounds A button* I don't know, it felt like your thumb was having a seizure. YES, I know you could set the "shoot" command to B, but that feels weirder because your index finger is "hooked" over the B button and you have really give your knuckles a workout. Also, other buttons weren't in the place that I'd want them to be; I'd prefer them side by side, not below and above each other, and since your gripping the controller, probably so that it won't nudge out of your finger from pressing A or B, you can't move your hand up and down to reach the other buttons.

Dr.Mario84

Quote from: NIGHTSHADOW1313 on January 03, 2008, 04:14:47 PM
I'd prefer them side by side, not below and above each other, and since your gripping the controller, probably so that it won't nudge out of your finger from pressing A or B, you can't move your hand up and down to reach the other buttons.

Practice holding the controller properly?  If you really feel that way then maybe you should try looking at a picture of how to hold the Wii remote and nunchuck.  Also remember that controllers do not require severe force.  Pressing A or B shouldn't make you feel like it's going to slip out of your hand. 

And I don't understand your fustration over the actual controllers layout.  You only have to use two whole buttons in combat.  Is it not that simple?  I'd like to hear more of an explination as to why you dislike this layout.

Silverhawk79

The Seventh

I never really thought they were clunky.  I guess it's partly due to I can easily get used to just about any controls for a game.

Or, maybe I can't remember a time where I thought they were clunky, because I'm so used to them.
meh

Jono2

I never felt they were clunky until I played prime 3 then went back to the game.  now they feel so restricting.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

SkyMyl

I played all the Primes. I thought that it was EASY to play Metroid Prime 1/2...but when I saw three, I was so used to morphing with C on the Nunchuk, that I kept pressing L on the Gamecube over and over in frustration.

Bottom Line: If you alternate between Prime 3 and Prime 1 or 2, you'll retain the memory and button position of which controller. Well, sorta. In my case.