News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

What do you want in Nintendo's 8th gen console? What changes do you want in Wii?

Started by bluaki, December 03, 2007, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluaki

For 8th gen, this is somewhat early to be thinking about, but I'm sure the ideas are already plentiful.

A few of the things I want:
1. Backwards compatibility with Wii and Nintendo games
2. DVD Video and Music CD support
3. Some new disc format that holds more data than the Wii Optical disc
4. A very large hard drive space capable of holding many games and whatnot
5. Compatibility with all Wii and Gamecube controllers along with another new controller.
6. Better graphics and processing power, though doesn't need to be much better
7. Better connectivity to the computer and internet
8. Though we haven't seen much of the online service yet, less need of friend codes. Play like most other companies and have mainly open online gaming with friend codes only being used like a friends list. Exception being with parental controls.

I also added Wii updates for similarity. What do you want to be updated in the Wii?

A few of those I want:
1. Large support of skinning and styles on the menu, possibly even custom skins from SD images. Better yet is user contests similar to CMO with styles.
2. A drawing app. Capable of saving images as a PNG, GIF, or JPG to SD card. Various brush shapes and sizes, selection tools, eraser, clone stamp, full RGB-Alpha color palette, layers, fill bucket, shape and line drawing, custom canvas size, and special effects.
3. Disc Channel for Gamecube games actually shows what game is inserted
4. Classic Controller support in Gamecube games
5. Upgraded Mii system. More features, specifically some features related to Nintendo characters like Link's hat, Mario and Luigi's hat, etc. Possibly with custom textures on the shirt from images.
6. Ability to boot VC games from an inserted SD card without having to copy it to the Wii HD.
7. Demo channel, though we already know that's coming.
8. DS Player. Shows the two DS screen vertically on the TV. (each DS screen is 256x192. The gap between the screens is equal to about 92 rows of pixels, so the combined size is 256x476, which can easily fit on even the lowest resolution screens that have 640x480). Ability to control via various means.
9. Live-updating Forecast Channel and more details. I don't care about a 12-hour old weather report, frankly.

Well, post yours.

HUELEN10

I will be honest. For an 8th Gen system, if they can let me transfer my VC account to the newer console, give me unlimited storage options, and output in 720p, then it will be bought by me. That is all I need and all I expect to be honest. I don't need much.

WiiGuy

I would like.....

a more upto date weather channel
able to read DVD's and CD's

um...can't think of anything else right now :-\

extraz

-color schemes
             a-white w/ blue light
             b-black w/ green light
             c-classic NES color scheme w/ red light

-HDTV support
-more memory card format support
-more file support in photo channel
-DVD/CD (or whatever) disc format support
-ability to play GCN and Wii discs
-VC transfer
-ability to save to memory cards
-80 GB flash drive, (less moving parts=better)
-xbox live style online system
-graphics equal or better than an Xbox 360/PS3
-expanded VC library
-better speaker on the controller
-browser that can use flash 9+
-stop locking out Action Replays
-better wiiware applications
-multi region support
-ability to use two wii remotes at once
-rechargeable wii remotes

thunderhero4

all i want is a larger mii channel, a way to transfer sd card memory to flash drive or use it to play games AND store memory, a channel to hold all the vc games so it doesnt take so much memory to have its own channel, and a new channel every month...

CONMAN15

High definition
HD-DVD
A big jump in graphics
Improve upon motion controls
Plays GCN and wii games
Transfer your old VC games from wii
Connectivity to new handheld
A hard drive
Another great mario platformer ready for launch
New improved mii channel
Wii sports 2 bundled in

Mystic

Why would you want a new disc format? New disk format = increased cost for making games (most likely)

Stick to DVDs.