News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Is Prime 2 Any Good?

Started by ZGDK, December 22, 2007, 10:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZGDK

I'm getting it Monday. I oen and have played through 1 and 3 I hope it's as good.

Light

No. Besides multiplayer, I think MP2 was the low point in the Prime series.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

ZGDK

Quote from: LightningSword on December 22, 2007, 11:00:13 AM
No. Besides multiplayer, I think MP2 was the low point in the Prime series.

That sucks:( I still want it to have all three though.

Syncopathic

it was alright the first one was a better though.

NOA_ANDY

I enjoyed the game, but I felt the graphics were nothing like they were on the original Prime.  The storyline in two isn't as good, and the final boss is impossible. :( In fact, I still haven't beaten Prime 2 yet. :( :( :(

OmegaPapyrus

It wasn't as good as the other two Prime games, but it is still much better then many of the FPS that you find on the market today.

LinkXLR

Metroid Prime 2 is a....step away from the series, if you will. But the story is compelling and by NO means a bad addition to the series.

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR

Cecil_and_Kain

Think of it like the Two towers. Midley entertaining but a little tiring.

ThePowerOfOne

I LOVED it! It was a bit difficult, but still fun. It has a nice dark feel to it.

Kaz

Yes, it's a great game. Not as good as the first though. The backtracking is considerably more annoying, there's not a whole lot of originality in the enemies (oh wow look, yet another dark version of something i already saw), and the multiplayer is actually pretty...lame.

But it's still a solid game overall.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

DSWiiMaster42

I'm not sure. I haven't played MP1 or MP2. But from what most of these people are saying, I think you should just rent it.

Thanks to mackormoses for this badass sig!

SSBB friend code:1719-2939-0479
Characters I use: Ike (mostly), Sonic, or Captain Falcon
If you want to battle, please PM me.

Xbox Live gamercard: SegaSonic127

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/Slashrulez724 (my old account got deleted)

SkyMyl

Quote from: Gamemaster1379 on December 22, 2007, 11:20:59 AM
I enjoyed the game, but I felt the graphics were nothing like they were on the original Prime.  The storyline in two isn't as good, and the final boss is impossible. :( In fact, I still haven't beaten Prime 2 yet. :( :( :(
I beat it. You mean it's IMPOSSIBLE on HARD mode with 100%.

The graphics are good, but the only reason you should play it is to continue the storyline. The fact that the Dark, Light, and last beam you get are laced with Ammo is annoying. The Power Beam is the most useful weapon, but it's so weak. So it's easy at first, but it get's 100% harder at the last boss. Play at own risk.

The Seventh

Quote from: DSWiiMaster42 on January 08, 2008, 02:15:14 PM
I'm not sure. I haven't played MP1 or MP2. But from what most of these people are saying, I think you should just rent it.
It's not THAT bad.  People are only focusing on the negatives here, and many have been overexxagurating, too.
Yeah, it wasn't quite as good as the other 2, but it was STILL good.
Quote from: MasterYoungLink on January 08, 2008, 02:48:17 PM

The graphics are good, but the only reason you should play it is to continue the storyline. The fact that the Dark, Light, and last beam you get are laced with Ammo is annoying. The Power Beam is the most useful weapon, but it's so weak. So it's easy at first, but it get's 100% harder at the last boss. Play at own risk.
Actually, he beat it, thanks to me.  Yeah, it's REALLY hard on hard, but I came so close to beating it, I was SOOOOOOOOO mad when the time ran out (If there wasn't a time limit, I woulda won, how bout that...).
Quote from: LinkXLR on December 22, 2007, 11:31:12 AM
Metroid Prime 2 is a....step away from the series, if you will. But the story is compelling and by NO means a bad addition to the series.
Exactly!
meh

SkyMyl

Quote from: red7js on January 08, 2008, 03:34:47 PM
Quote from: DSWiiMaster42 on January 08, 2008, 02:15:14 PM
It's not THAT bad.  People are only focusing on the negatives here, and many have been overexxagurating, too.
Yeah, it wasn't quite as good as the other 2, but it was STILL good.
Quote from: MasterYoungLink on January 08, 2008, 02:48:17 PM

Actually, he beat it, thanks to me.  Yeah, it's REALLY hard on hard, but I came so close to beating it, I was SOOOOOOOOO mad when the time ran out (If there wasn't a time limit, I woulda won, how bout that...).
Quote from: LinkXLR on December 22, 2007, 11:31:12 AM
Exactly!
Quoted. Someone who makes sense!

Jono2

MP2 is a good game, but in comparison to the other two games it's just lacking in most departments.  Get it, but don't go into it expecting the same calibur of game as MP.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen