News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Halo=Metroid Rip-Off

Started by ZGDK, December 22, 2007, 11:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahrann

Halo > Metroid prime in multiplayer, but Metroid prime 3 > Halo 3 in gameplay
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

Triforce_Luigi

thunderhero4

Joeofmars

Quote from: Tahrann on December 22, 2007, 04:41:10 PM

I agree.

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Joeofmars on December 24, 2007, 09:10:26 PM
Quote from: Tahrann on December 22, 2007, 04:41:10 PM

I agree.

I second that emotion.

Mutilator7

Dr.Mario84

Mabye people should stop thinking of the two similar?  The differences between the two are really vast as a whole.  Even when only comparing the Halo universe with just the Metroid Prime sub-series the games are vastly similar.  Perhaps the 2 main things are being overly observed, and perhaps we should look at this from a broader spectrum rather than be so focused.  The 2 main things being Master Chief and Samus are two heros/heroine that where bulky armor with no skin showing and they both fight aliens.  Other then that there's the fact both Halo and the Metroid Primes are FPS-type games, though that really shouldn't matter much. 

Now for my own personal opinion.  Keep in mind that this is my opinion and I will not be open to debate just on my own views on which games are "better.  In my opinion, the Metroid series is better than Halo as a whole.  The Metroid storyline is very well developed as well as unique with it being one of the first game series to feature a female protagonist.  Metroid conquered new frontiers in gaming making it the template for some future games to come. 

But then I take a look at just Metroid Prime games and I have to say that Halo has the better 3D games than Metroid Prime does.  The mechanics and level system make Halo a real refined gaming experience that is fun to enjoy both by yourself and with friends.  It's work as an FPS game is absolutely outstanding and the whole plot is very well written one might say.  The Metroid Prime games however are not so great in my eyes.  The transition from the 2D side-scrolling adventure game was not a very smooth one, though they tried their best.  It could've been better.  The overall atmosphere was very well done and perhaps no other game could achieve this.  There wasn't much to do though and the side quests were never challenging nor fun.  The games themselves are very easy to go through except for Metroid Prime 2.  Metroid Prime 2 was not really hard, but more time consuming.  Metroid Prime 3 took the controls for the Wii very well.  The voice acting was also very well implemented though sketchy at times.  But there was nothing really new in this game.

I find that those whole like Metroid Prime over Halo are typically introduced into the gaming/Metroid univer through Metroid Prime, are overly pessimistic about playing Halo, have never even played Halo, or are just a fanboy of the Metroid (Prime) series or Nintendo.  Those who still say Metroid Prime is better than Halo but don't even fit these stereo types usually don't like either of the two games very well.

The Seventh

Quote from: Dr.Mario84 on January 02, 2008, 02:30:24 AM
Mabye people should stop thinking of the two similar?  The differences between the two are really vast as a whole.  Even when only comparing the Halo universe with just the Metroid Prime sub-series the games are vastly similar.  Perhaps the 2 main things are being overly observed, and perhaps we should look at this from a broader spectrum rather than be so focused.  The 2 main things being Master Chief and Samus are two heros/heroine that where bulky armor with no skin showing and they both fight aliens.  Other then that there's the fact both Halo and the Metroid Primes are FPS-type games, though that really shouldn't matter much. 

Now for my own personal opinion.  Keep in mind that this is my opinion and I will not be open to debate just on my own views on which games are "better.  In my opinion, the Metroid series is better than Halo as a whole.  The Metroid storyline is very well developed as well as unique with it being one of the first game series to feature a female protagonist.  Metroid conquered new frontiers in gaming making it the template for some future games to come. 

But then I take a look at just Metroid Prime games and I have to say that Halo has the better 3D games than Metroid Prime does.  The mechanics and level system make Halo a real refined gaming experience that is fun to enjoy both by yourself and with friends.  It's work as an FPS game is absolutely outstanding and the whole plot is very well written one might say.  The Metroid Prime games however are not so great in my eyes.  The transition from the 2D side-scrolling adventure game was not a very smooth one, though they tried their best.  It could've been better.  The overall atmosphere was very well done and perhaps no other game could achieve this.  There wasn't much to do though and the side quests were never challenging nor fun.  The games themselves are very easy to go through except for Metroid Prime 2.  Metroid Prime 2 was not really hard, but more time consuming.  Metroid Prime 3 took the controls for the Wii very well.  The voice acting was also very well implemented though sketchy at times.  But there was nothing really new in this game.

I find that those whole like Metroid Prime over Halo are typically introduced into the gaming/Metroid univer through Metroid Prime, are overly pessimistic about playing Halo, have never even played Halo, or are just a fanboy of the Metroid (Prime) series or Nintendo.  Those who still say Metroid Prime is better than Halo but don't even fit these stereo types usually don't like either of the two games very well.
Like you said... I wouldn't say a rip-off...

Rip-off seems like an exaggeration.  I know they both feature heroes in bulky armor...  but that misses the point...

I actually perfer MP series strangely.  Dunno why.  Maybe I was just mean't more for metroid type games.  AND I HAVE PLAYED HALO.
meh

SkyMyl

UMm...Metroid Prime was in Development before Halo, (I think.) so I think that no one is ripping anyone off in this case.

Dark Giga Bowser

Halo and Metroid are both just as good. They are both different. Metroid you
figure things out more and it has some good fights. Halo is a intense shooter game
with nonstop action.

Ultrasuperstarenator

Tahrann

The Seventh

Quote from: Dark Giga Bowser on January 09, 2008, 08:04:53 PM
figure things out more and it has some good fights. Halo is a intense shooter game
with nonstop action.
Just like I said!
Quote from: Tahrann on January 10, 2008, 05:06:59 PM
Quote from: Ultrasuperstarenator on January 10, 2008, 03:45:02 PM
Samus is sexier. Done

QFT
*facepalm* duh, you're guys for one.  Why I facepalmed is becuase you're fighting over which video game character is sexier!

Please, try to stay on topic!  I hate it when good debate threads get ruined by a someone who can't keep things serious!
meh

Tahrann

Quote from: red7js on January 10, 2008, 06:28:45 PM
with nonstop action.
Just like I said!
Samus is sexier. Done

QFT
*facepalm* duh, you're guys for one.  Why I facepalmed is becuase you're fighting over which video game character is sexier!

Please, try to stay on topic!  I hate it when good debate threads get ruined by a someone who can't keep things serious!

Wait, this isn't serious discussion is it?

The Seventh

Quote from: Tahrann on January 10, 2008, 07:52:21 PM
Quote from: red7js on January 10, 2008, 06:28:45 PM
with nonstop action.
Just like I said!
Samus is sexier. Done

QFT

Wait, this isn't serious discussion is it?
I know that it isn't serious discussion, but don't you think that this board deserves better, and that we shouldn't stray from what we're debating?
meh