Started by ZGDK, December 22, 2007, 11:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahrann

Quote from: red7js on January 11, 2008, 11:44:44 AM
Quote from: Tahrann on January 10, 2008, 07:52:21 PM
Quote from: red7js on January 10, 2008, 06:28:45 PM
Quote from: Dark Giga Bowser on January 09, 2008, 08:04:53 PM
Halo and Metroid are both just as good. They are both different. Metroid you
figure things out more and it has some good fights. Halo is a intense shooter game
with nonstop action.
Just like I said!
Quote from: Tahrann on January 10, 2008, 05:06:59 PM
Quote from: Ultrasuperstarenator on January 10, 2008, 03:45:02 PM
Samus is sexier. Done

QFT
*facepalm* duh, you're guys for one.  Why I facepalmed is becuase you're fighting over which video game character is sexier!

Please, try to stay on topic!  I hate it when good debate threads get ruined by a someone who can't keep things serious!

Wait, this isn't serious discussion is it?
I know that it isn't serious discussion, but don't you think that this board deserves better, and that we shouldn't stray from what we're debating?

The thing is, we aren't debating. We have already established main points. Now we need to have fun.
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

Shaleblade

If you've never played it, then don't say anything.

Nintendude92

The first time I saw a Spartan I instanttly thought Samus..
I'm MarioBoy29. :o

Sig under construction, avatar to be updated. My sig is aincent.

Tahrann

Quote from: Nintendude92 on January 11, 2008, 04:06:48 PM

First time I saw a spartan I thought "why green?"
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

Ultrasuperstarenator

Quote from: Tahrann on January 11, 2008, 06:11:56 PM
Quote from: Nintendude92 on January 11, 2008, 04:06:48 PM

First time I saw a spartan I thought "why green?"

Because they really copied of the Legend of Zelda!!!! :0

Dill

Part of the idea for Halo was adapted from an earlier game Bungie made in the early 90's called Marathon. Supposedly, Halo takes place a couple hundred years before Marathon does. Halo also has some similar aspects from Marathon, such as dual-wielding (does Halo 3 have dual-wielding shotguns? I don't remember if it does or not, but I do know that Marathon was one of the first shooters to have it) weapons, the green outfit (although the player isn't seen in Marathon, the default colour is green), the idea that Aliens are attacking (I'm just stating this because Metroid is a lot different), and the way that the AI tells the player almost all of his objectives, and most of the story is told via the AI, as well (or, in other words, the AI almost "controls" the player, and the player (Master Chief) very rarely speaks, or retorts, for that matter).

Metroid, on the other hand, is about a bounty hunter. The only similar thing is the suit (that I can think of), and even that isn't incredibly similar.

Kaz

...it's not even close to a Metroid rip-off. Have you noticed how people only started saying that after the Metroid Prime series became so popular?

Yeah. Metroid Prime does not equal Metroid. Even then, Metroid Prime isn't nearly close enough to Halo to make accusations like that. Just because they're both sci-fi FPS games starring characters wearing vaguely similar suits doesn't mean there's any ripping off going on.

Halo ripping off Metroid is just some Nintendo fanboy's fantasy.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

sleepin_dude_99

Halo = Rip off of every shooter and action game.

With boobs.

OneManFreakShow

Quote from: darkmariov2 on December 22, 2007, 11:14:34 AM
Metroid = Any other sci-fi game rip off.

lol, circular logic

or something

Actually, Metroid's more of an Alien rip-off than anything.

Allegretto

Halo is the farthest thing away from Metroid m8, Metroid you have a gun built in your arm, in Halo you pick up weapons, You can duel weild them, use grenades, fight many species of aliens, drive many vehicles and experience a new way of gamplay, its not like metroid at all.