News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

My Thoughts on MP: 2

Started by ZGDK, December 29, 2007, 11:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZGDK

Alright so I sort of played the series backwards. I started with 3 than went to 1 and now I'm at 2. Doesn't matter. 3 was awesome, 1 took some getting used to but was still a great game full of wonder. Now 2. Where do I begin? Let's start with all the things that made Prime so great. Stunning enviorments, great controls and awesome boss fights. Now Prime started off with a bang, but 2 didn't. It seems so bland. And the first bosses while fun were awfully difficult. It's fun, but not as great as Prime 1.

Thief888

Did you mean to make your post look so incomplete?

BOSSNIG

I beat Amorbis on that game, then I never bothered to play it again, it didnt captivate me like the other 2 D:.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

not famy

ThePowerOfOne

Weird... It seems i'm the only one who liked the game.

It can be boring at times, but it gets better. The last two levels are the best. But the Torvus Bog boss is HARD!

Wiimetroid

Quote from: Phaze on December 29, 2007, 12:39:46 PM

It can be boring at times, but it gets better. The last two levels are the best. But the Torvus Bog boss is HARD!

On the contrary, I loved the game, and I know that a lot of other people did. While it may not have the appeal the original one did, it really is a good game, and has some of the toughest bosses/puzzles I've encountered in a Metroid game.

And yeah, the Torvus Bog guy is a pain :D

The Seventh

Quote from: Phaze on December 29, 2007, 12:39:46 PM

You're not alone my friend: I liked it too.
meh

Ultrasuperstarenator

It's just SO much slower than the other 2. And there's so uch backtracking everything gets old really fast. And it stupid how many times you died.

Allegretto

Echoes is usually peoples, least favorite metroid game, It was easily the most complex and difficult metroid prime there is, 3 is definitly my favorite  ;D

The Seventh

Quote from: Algretto on February 02, 2008, 10:18:43 AM
Echoes is usually peoples, least favorite metroid game, It was easily the most complex and difficult metroid prime there is, 3 is definitly my favorite  ;D
That is, unless you count MPH...  and I like MP2.
meh

THEEVILSPERKY

I actually liked 2 more than 3... at least, so far.  I've beaten 1 and 2 at least once each.. but 3.. I can't bring myself to really play it. >_>

I'm just not enjoying it as much as the first two..

I think I even like Hunters better as far as things stand right now. >__>
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

Jono2

I didn't like 2 because although it was metroid prime 1.5, it also added in things that I preferred not to meddle with (namely the ammo system).  MP3 proved that Metroid can be a shooter more than an adventure, not just an adventure first like everything else in the series.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

butterflyboy1974

I thought MP2 was awesome.  The art was great, and the levels were very cleverly designed.  I often compare MP2 with Majoras Mask.   Both of those games followed a smash hit in a franchise right after it's first 3-D debut, and both games were met with mixed reviews.  Both of the games were considered to be 'deeper' and more difficult than their predecessors.  I think most of the people who like MP2 tend to be the more long-time and loyal fans of the series, while the people who don't like it at all tend to not hold the Metroid series high in their list of favorites to begin with.  Just my thoughts. 

Ultrasuperstarenator

Quote from: butterflyboy1974 on February 03, 2008, 11:24:10 AM
I thought MP2 was awesome.  The art was great, and the levels were very cleverly designed.  I often compare MP2 with Majoras Mask.   Both of those games followed a smash hit in a franchise right after it's first 3-D debut, and both games were met with mixed reviews.  Both of the games were considered to be 'deeper' and more difficult than their predecessors.  I think most of the people who like MP2 tend to be the more long-time and loyal fans of the series, while the people who don't like it at all tend to not hold the Metroid series high in their list of favorites to begin with.  Just my thoughts. 

I know that goes for me  :P

Jono2

Quote from: butterflyboy1974 on February 03, 2008, 11:24:10 AM
I thought MP2 was awesome.  The art was great, and the levels were very cleverly designed.  I often compare MP2 with Majoras Mask.   Both of those games followed a smash hit in a franchise right after it's first 3-D debut, and both games were met with mixed reviews.  Both of the games were considered to be 'deeper' and more difficult than their predecessors.  I think most of the people who like MP2 tend to be the more long-time and loyal fans of the series, while the people who don't like it at all tend to not hold the Metroid series high in their list of favorites to begin with.  Just my thoughts. 

I'm not a long-time fan of the series (just since Metroid Prime came out) but I'm a loyal fan of the series, and the only series I hold above Metroid is Yoshi, because I wub Yoshi that much. o_O

the people who glitch the metroid series are usually long-time fans of the series.

at Metroid2002, most people concluded that Metroid Prime 2 wasn't that great of a game (there's a writeup about it somewhere but i don't feel like finding it).

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen