Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

I Hate Metroid Prime 2

Started by ZGDK, January 05, 2008, 07:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiinolikePS3

Quote from: VALOO on January 05, 2008, 10:34:15 AM
Quote from: Jono2 on January 05, 2008, 08:51:33 AM
Anyone who thinks that prime 1 is boring obviously doesn't play their games very long... :|

ahh well, I can't negotiate with non-glitchers. -_-
I play my games to, you know, play them. :|

Glitching is dumb and for prissy girly men and House!  ::)
That was creative.

What do you do, then, after you've beat the game and there's nothing to do afterwards?

Restart and play it again so you can do better?

The Seventh

Quote from: clompy on January 05, 2008, 08:11:25 AM
how do you know you hate it if you've hardly played it?
Precisely!  I liked all the prime games, so...

Just look at the backtracking as something you normally don't find elsewhere.

Prime 2 had good atmosphere, same with prime 1 and 3.

My only true complaint with the dang game is the keys...

And I have a couple complaints with how frequent you go through portals at times.
meh

L10

i found only a few things wrong with prime 2, you never new where to go, and there was ammo for your weapon upgrades
0o!f

Taytay19

Metroid Prime 2 was my favorite game of the trilogy. I really don't understand why people hate it so much. >_>

L10

Quote from: Taytay19 on January 05, 2008, 10:40:16 AM
Metroid Prime 2 was my favorite game of the trilogy. I really don't understand why people hate it so much. >_>
i liked it more than prime 1, but like i said there where only like 2 things wrong with it
0o!f

Chain Chompesque

I used to like the first more, but after the 20-somethingth playthrough I started on Prime 2 again and saw how great it was. Prime 3...well, a good try, even if it was disappointing.
To be seen, stand up. To be heard, speak up. To be appreciated, shut up.
Also, you can't spell slaughter without laughter!

Join the Mushroom Kingdom wars!

Join the Pikmin wars!

Dumple Land! <-Click this one.
Labor! I said labor, dang it!
Time for transport!

VALOO

Quote from: Chain Chompesque on January 05, 2008, 10:37:52 AM
So, too, do I hate Trollers.

Backup? You said nothing about your horribly trollsome claim, just that you think it sucks. Why, I ask? And, please, nothing about how it "Wasn't true to the series" because Metroid Prime wasn't true to the series either, and of course THAT won eternal laud and glory.
Nah, Metroid Prime is the most Metroidy game other than the original and Super.  The first-person perspective means nothing since the atmosphere and gameplay is essentially exactly the same.

Prime 2 was a horrible game because it was repetitive, because the Dark World made the game frustratingly difficult, and just all in all because it failed in being a fun game.  The whole game felt like a chore to play because you always knew eventually you would have to go back to the Dark World and bubble-hop for hours while trying to find keys and fight ridiculously strong enemies.  It just wasn't fun.

In Prime you could get lost in the world with no worries other than how capable you were of defeating your enemies.  Prime 2 gave you way too much to worry about, I actually felt stressed while playing it.

So yeah, it sucked.

The Seventh

BTW, if you ever get stuck on the final boss on normal, the [spoiler]EMPEROR ING![/spoiler]since it's HARD, boy I have a strategy that'll make you BEAT THE BOSS'S A**!

Just ask Gamemaster1379, he'll agree.
meh

The Seventh

Quote from: Chain Chompesque on January 05, 2008, 10:44:21 AM

I used to like the first more, but after the 20-somethingth playthrough I started on Prime 2 again and saw how great it was. Prime 3...well, a good try, even if it was disappointing.
Yeah, I loved Torvus Bog the most strangely.  It seemed lush, natural, and had wonderful particle effects, and the water looked real nice.  The rain felt so real, too and the areas weren't as cliched as Prime 1's, even though Prime 1 still had wonderful areas.
meh

Tomboh

MP2's bosses/enemies were 10x better.

I'm not sure why people prefer MP over MP2. Most people in this thread didn't even give any reasons as to why MP2 sucked.

Chain Chompesque

Quote from: VALOO on January 05, 2008, 10:45:59 AM
Quote from: Chain Chompesque on January 05, 2008, 10:37:52 AM
So, too, do I hate Trollers.

Backup? You said nothing about your horribly trollsome claim, just that you think it sucks. Why, I ask? And, please, nothing about how it "Wasn't true to the series" because Metroid Prime wasn't true to the series either, and of course THAT won eternal laud and glory.
Nah, Metroid Prime is the most Metroidy game other than the original and Super.  The first-person perspective means nothing since the atmosphere and gameplay is essentially exactly the same.

Prime 2 was a horrible game because it was repetitive, because the Dark World made the game frustratingly difficult, and just all in all because it failed in being a fun game.  The whole game felt like a chore to play because you always knew eventually you would have to go back to the Dark World and bubble-hop for hours while trying to find keys and fight ridiculously strong enemies.  It just wasn't fun.

In Prime you could get lost in the world with no worries other than how capable you were of defeating your enemies.  Prime 2 gave you way too much to worry about, I actually felt stressed while playing it.

So yeah, it sucked.

That's the POINT. I always felt you were supposed to feel stressed because it was such a dang ****ing atmospheric game. Really, all you have to do is go to a room like the Plain of Dark Worship and look at all the corruption. The ambient soundtrack also does it good. Besides, once you get the Super Missile, you can obliterate stuff easily. You can also freeze an enemy with a Dark Beam charge and then missile it for the OHKO--Even Dark Pirate Commandos.

I had no problem with the Light Crystals, because once you get the Dark Suit, you hardly have to worry about the atmosphere at all. Some of the enemies were extremely cool, like the Quad MB and the Aezbit. As for bosses...Quadraxis is all I need to say on the matter. I never thought it was a chore, and really the only complaints I have are things like the Boost Guardian, since it moves so quickly there's no way to dodge, and sections when bosses have very small amounts of time when you can hurt them. It made great use of items like the Spider Ball, since you could Boost Ball off of a track.

Join the Pikmin wars!

Time for transport!

VALOO

Quote from: WiinolikePS3 on January 05, 2008, 10:38:42 AM
Anyone who thinks that prime 1 is boring obviously doesn't play their games very long... :|

That was creative.

What do you do, then, after you've beat the game and there's nothing to do afterwards?

If you've beat the game and there's nothing to do afterwards, get another game.  :robotveryhappy:

Tearing a game apart isn't that fun for me.

Chain Chompesque

Quote from: red7js on January 05, 2008, 10:48:22 AM
BTW, if you ever get stuck on the final boss on normal, the [spoiler]EMPEROR ING![/spoiler]since it's HARD, boy I have a strategy that'll make you BEAT THE BOSS'S A**!

Screw attack?

Join the Pikmin wars!

Time for transport!

The Seventh

Quote from: Chain Chompesque on January 05, 2008, 10:54:35 AM
Quote from: red7js on January 05, 2008, 10:48:22 AM

Screw attack?
No, not just that.

Eh, oh why didn't I save a copy of that PM in my sent messages?
meh

Chain Chompesque

Quote from: VALOO on January 05, 2008, 10:54:17 AM
Quote from: WiinolikePS3 on January 05, 2008, 10:38:42 AM

That was creative.

If you've beat the game and there's nothing to do afterwards, get another game.  :robotveryhappy:

Tearing a game apart isn't that fun for me.

It is for me. I've beaten Pikmin 2 and Metroid Prime around twenty times, Metroid Prime 2 about six times, Metroid Prime 3 four times, Super Mario Sunshine near seven times...it goes on. Yeah, I like replay value.

Join the Pikmin wars!

Time for transport!