News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

360 Elite lacking...

Started by THEEVILSPERKY, February 12, 2008, 02:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEEVILSPERKY

You'd think the ELITE version of the console would at least have Wi-Fi while the others also lack it.  This is a bit disappointing.  Please, just tell me I'm wrong and it's just not connecting.  My PS3 right out of the box is online and downloading game demos, trailers, and more for free.  Built-in Wi-Fi and free online services.  I expected the same if not better from my new 360, and the high end model to top it off.. but nooo.

I'm a bit peeved.  And from minor research.. I have to shell out ANOTHER $100 just for a dinky attachment that takes up a USB port?  So then I'd have internet but I'd have to pay even more just to get Live so I can get the demos and trailers the PS3 system gives me for free???

Do I have my information wrong on any of this???  I'd like some input about cheaper alternatives for Wi-Fi.. as in.. anything but going to GameStop for the Wi-Fi adapter that won't even match color-wise.. ahah...

I'm not trying to troll or anything, really, I got the 360 for the games and was hoping I could do some Halo with some friends, etc... but.... it's a bit shocking with how different my experience is so far with my 360..

I wanna browse their store, get some demos, and get the most out of my system in every way. yet this top model is lacking the central component for getting online in the first place! @_@

Need.. a remedy... :'(
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

Yeah the 360 Elite does not have wi-fi, and as far as I know if you want to connect to the internet wirelessly you have to buy the adapter. There could be other solutions to this, but I don't know of any short of either moving your router closer to the 360 or moving the 360 closer to the router and using a wired connection. Or using a very long Ethernet cable if they're far apart and you can't or don't want to move either of them.
...̅̅̅

THEEVILSPERKY

The cable comes in through the rec. room and on this split level house, it's on the bottom floor.  My TV and gaming center is technically 1 1/2 floors up.  So the ethernet.. it'd go across an entire room, left up the stairs, a u-turn up another set of stairs, a right down a hall, and then to the TV in the room at the end of the hall.... haha.  Ethernet is pretty much outta the question. ~_~

I'll have to see if there are other wireless adapters that are compatible I suppose.. but I don't believe most adapters mention such compatibility on the box. @_@
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite