News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

A bet with Smash Bros sales

Started by tollhouse2006, February 11, 2008, 01:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tollhouse2006

OKay, today I made a bet with a friend that Brawl will sell more copies on it's first day in the U.S than Halo 3 did on it's first day in the U.S. 

The two of us wagered 5 dollars.   
Halo has about 2.8 million copies sold on the first day in the U.S.
Brawl has to get over that amount of copies sold on the first day in the U.S.  We are not counting Japan's sales because Halo isn't popular in Japan so my friend thinks that's unfair.   
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

OmegaPapyrus

I doubt that Brawl will sell more then Halo 3. Halo 3 is much more well known, and it was advertised much more. Halo 3 probably sold more on pre-orders then Brawl will in the whole first week. >_>

tollhouse2006

Quote from: OmegaPapyrus on February 11, 2008, 01:59:45 PM
I doubt that Brawl will sell more then Halo 3. Halo 3 is much more well known, and it was advertised much more. Halo 3 probably sold more on pre-orders then Brawl will in the whole first week. >_>
Smash Bros has been around since 1998.  It's older than Halo and since it's T it's more suitable to different age groups.  Melee was gamecube's best seller so Brawl's gonna do really good but the lack of Wiis in the US might be the main problem.
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Cornwad

Its probably already sold a million in pre orders :P

Dawei

Dumb bet. Halo 3 had the most pre-orders of any game ever.  How much money does he get?

HTA!

Quote from: Dawei on February 11, 2008, 03:14:10 PM
Dumb bet. Halo 3 had the most pre-orders of any game ever.  How much money does he get?
Well it was also advertised by everyone and their mother....

Tollhouse loses

Tupin

Bad bet.

REALLY BAD BET.

It's like the worst bet you could make.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Geno

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on February 11, 2008, 02:03:28 PM
Quote from: OmegaPapyrus on February 11, 2008, 01:59:45 PM
Smash Bros has been around since 1998.  It's older than Halo and since it's T it's more suitable to different age groups.  Melee was gamecube's best seller so Brawl's gonna do really good but the lack of Wiis in the US might be the main problem.
It will sell alot but nowhere as much as Halo. It was one of the most anticipated games ever, was advertised everywhere. Age group has nothing to do with it since you hear a bunch of kids on Halo anyway.

Pretty stupid for making that bet.

Dawei

We should make bets on Tollhouse losing this bet.

over 9000 dollars on him losing.

Nayrman

Losing on the first day bet. If you had bet OVERALL sales over time, then you might win.
Halo actually has competition on it's system, but Smash has none on it's system.
I think overall it might sell over time, but no way on the first day. NOTHING oculd beat that launch

blue_slime

It's not going to happen.  Halo 3 had huge marketing and PR behind it simply because Microsoft could afford to waste that much money promoting the game.

Macawmoses

Lord..the Japanese were hyped for Brawl, and they didn't even sell half of that on the first day.....I am tempted to lock this for idiocity....but why not have fun?

Skye8600

Quote from: mackormoses on February 11, 2008, 05:08:29 PM
Lord..the Japanese were hyped for Brawl, and they didn't even sell half of that on the first day.....I am tempted to lock this for idiocity....but why not have fun?
Your kindness shows no bounds!

but thinking about it, it may not sell as much on the first day, but in the long run it might win

Macawmoses

Quote from: Skye8600 on February 11, 2008, 05:27:46 PM
Quote from: mackormoses on February 11, 2008, 05:08:29 PM
Your kindness shows no bounds!

but thinking about it, it may not sell as much on the first day, but in the long run it might win
Halo 3 had so much hype/ad power it isn't funny. It was a stupid bet, and I stand by my statement. If he wins the bet, I will publically apologize, but I am laughing hard now! :D

Besides, take a joke as a joke :|