Main Menu

A bet with Smash Bros sales

Started by tollhouse2006, February 11, 2008, 01:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skye8600

Quote from: mackormoses on February 11, 2008, 05:30:00 PM
Quote from: Skye8600 on February 11, 2008, 05:27:46 PM
Quote from: mackormoses on February 11, 2008, 05:08:29 PM
Lord..the Japanese were hyped for Brawl, and they didn't even sell half of that on the first day.....I am tempted to lock this for idiocity....but why not have fun?
Your kindness shows no bounds!

but thinking about it, it may not sell as much on the first day, but in the long run it might win
Halo 3 had so much hype/ad power it isn't funny. It was a stupid bet, and I stand by my statement. If he wins the bet, I will publically apologize, but I am laughing hard now! :D

Besides, take a joke as a joke :|
eh?

anyways, i think this kinda sparked from my phone call with him yesterday..<< >>

thunderhero4

Quote from: Geno on February 11, 2008, 03:36:48 PM
Quote from: tollhouse2006 on February 11, 2008, 02:03:28 PM
Quote from: OmegaPapyrus on February 11, 2008, 01:59:45 PM
I doubt that Brawl will sell more then Halo 3. Halo 3 is much more well known, and it was advertised much more. Halo 3 probably sold more on pre-orders then Brawl will in the whole first week. >_>
Smash Bros has been around since 1998.  It's older than Halo and since it's T it's more suitable to different age groups.  Melee was gamecube's best seller so Brawl's gonna do really good but the lack of Wiis in the US might be the main problem.
It will sell alot but nowhere as much as Halo. It was one of the most anticipated games ever, was advertised everywhere. Age group has nothing to do with it since you hear a bunch of kids on Halo anyway.

Pretty stupid for making that bet.
Its too bad Halo 3 was such a big dissopointment... :(

Skye8600

Quote from: thunderhero4 on February 11, 2008, 05:38:29 PM
I doubt that Brawl will sell more then Halo 3. Halo 3 is much more well known, and it was advertised much more. Halo 3 probably sold more on pre-orders then Brawl will in the whole first week. >_>
Smash Bros has been around since 1998.  It's older than Halo and since it's T it's more suitable to different age groups.  Melee was gamecube's best seller so Brawl's gonna do really good but the lack of Wiis in the US might be the main problem.
It will sell alot but nowhere as much as Halo. It was one of the most anticipated games ever, was advertised everywhere. Age group has nothing to do with it since you hear a bunch of kids on Halo anyway.

i agree....T.T

Macawmoses

Quote from: Skye8600 on February 11, 2008, 05:36:02 PM
Lord..the Japanese were hyped for Brawl, and they didn't even sell half of that on the first day.....I am tempted to lock this for idiocity....but why not have fun?

but thinking about it, it may not sell as much on the first day, but in the long run it might win
Halo 3 had so much hype/ad power it isn't funny. It was a stupid bet, and I stand by my statement. If he wins the bet, I will publically apologize, but I am laughing hard now! :D

eh?

anyways, i think this kinda sparked from my phone call with him yesterday..<< >>
Please, do tell what it said :D

thunderhero4

Quote from: Skye8600 on February 11, 2008, 05:39:00 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on February 11, 2008, 05:38:29 PM

i agree....T.T
I played it for like an hour and I got bored of it's gameplay (I had played Halo 2 so much i got bored...) and about a day later for Xbox Live...ask Geno, I own'd him :P

Skye8600

Quote from: mackormoses on February 11, 2008, 05:39:06 PM
Quote from: Skye8600 on February 11, 2008, 05:36:02 PM

eh?

Please, do tell what it said :D
it was just another one of our brawl talks. Then i told him about brawls sales in Japan, and he asked if that beat Halo 3's , and i said no, and then he thought that maybe it would be bigger in japan....so on and so forth

Ridley

Well my friends got halo 3 and They don't even play it anymore. They are usually playing rockband now.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

thunderhero4

Quote from: Ridley on February 11, 2008, 05:50:36 PM
Well my friends got halo 3 and They don't even play it anymore. They are usually playing rockband now.
And Rock Band is coming to Wii! I think Ill get it! ;)

StarWindWizard7

What do you expect?

All 1st person shooter games are the same.
There are many different versions of 1st person shooters, but basics are basics...it's the same thing.

Bleh.

As some here have said, I think SSBB will out sell Halo in the future with a long ongoing increase in sales as
time goes by...

HTA!

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on February 11, 2008, 06:17:10 PM
What do you expect?

All 1st person shooter games are the same.
There are many different versions of 1st person shooters, but basics are basics...it's the same thing.

Bleh.

As some here have said, I think SSBB will out sell Halo in the future with a long ongoing increase in sales as
time goes by...
Its reasonably fun.
I would really like to get Halo... but i don't want an Xbox for one game and Brawl gets all my free time after March 8.

tollhouse2006

I think Cornwad was the only one supportive here.  I did the bet for fun.  It was only five bucks so it's nothing if I lose.  This topic's just fun.  That's why it shouldn't be locked.
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Ridley

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on February 12, 2008, 04:24:33 AM
I think Cornwad was the only one supportive here.  I did the bet for fun.  It was only five bucks so it's nothing if I lose.  This topic's just fun.  That's why it shouldn't be locked.

Well I would love to see you win that bet. Imagine smashbros beating halo first week.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Apollo

well thats gonna be hard to know right now
nintendo needs to start advertising or only hard core gamers will know about its release
the biggest factor is that many more people own wiis around the world than 360s
nintendo has a huge advantage over that
nintendo fans typically have been waiting for a real big game since after launch
the only real advantage that the 360 had is how well it advertises.  hell they even had halo drinks :|
if ssbb doesnt surpass halo3 sales on the first day then i am 100% positive that it will in the first week

Ridley

Quote from: Apollo on February 12, 2008, 07:41:10 AM
nintendo needs to start advertising or only hard core gamers will know about its release
nintendo fans typically have been waiting for a real big game since after launch
the only real advantage that the 360 had is how well it advertises.  hell they even had halo drinks :|
if ssbb doesnt surpass halo3 sales on the first day then i am 100% positive that it will in the first week

Halo drinks made me lol for some reason. :D
...It's quite obvious...

Apollo

Quote from: Ridley on February 12, 2008, 08:00:34 AM
Quote from: Apollo on February 12, 2008, 07:41:10 AM

Halo drinks made me lol for some reason. :D
the funnniest part was how serious that advertisement was
drinks
like i need to refuel myself after long hours of game play
what do they take us for, lazy AMericans?