News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Stop Complaining About Online Play!

Started by tibar7, March 18, 2008, 01:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tibar7

online play is fine. if you think otherwise, nintendo is just getting started with it. you won't find a nintendo game thath has better online than brawl. and don't say they didn't try to make it better, cause they did. they don't have the resources that Xbox (microsoft) has, so it's not really they're fault. Another reason why Xbox's online is so good is cuz they don't have any handheld systems to make games and spend money for. Nintendo still has the DS and rarely the Gamecube (madden 08). and voice chat isn't important to them right now, they're still getting the hang of wi-fi. so stop complaining. it's annoying.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

ThePowerOfOne

People always have to whine about something. They can never just be happy with what they have. So you can't talk to people, big whoop, cry me a river. You should be happy the game even has wi-fi.

I, personally, love the wi-fi. Its fun to fight with my friends using it. And its good enough for me. I don't get why people just want more, more, more. There is no such thing as perfect.

tibar7

exactly. i notice how people are always saying the game could have been better. the frustrating thing is, no matter how perferct the game is there is always going to be people (*cough-geno-cough*) that criticize the game. Most video game fanatics are spoiled with Xbox live. I don't even have wi-fi at all. having wi-fi and having reasonable gameplay online is good enough for me. i don't need all these extra and unnescessary luxuries that people are complaining about not being in. for those of you who won't stop complaining, you should be thankful they even gave brawl online play. they could have easily forgotten about it, but instead they worked even harder to get it in the game. that's most likely one of the reasons the game was delayed.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

Apollo

well i dont like to complain but it took be like 15 minutes for a coop match with SWW7 that literally shouldve taken 2 seconds to dash off the screen

HTA!

That post was full of so much fail i think my eyes melted.

Oren

Quote from: Phaze on March 18, 2008, 02:17:32 PM
People always have to whine about something. They can never just be happy with what they have. So you can't talk to people, big whoop, cry me a river. You should be happy the game even has wi-fi.

I, personally, love the wi-fi. Its fun to fight with my friends using it. And its good enough for me. I don't get why people just want more, more, more. There is no such thing as perfect.
your so right...

HTA!

Brawl Wi-Fi... how can I describe it?

A failure.
It didn't take advantage of the one time in Nintendo's history that it could beat out Microsoft.

It could have been the best Online experience from Nintendo ever.
But it wasn't.

To say they didnt have time or money is complete Bull****. They had over a year, and look at all the fantastic composed music, content, and such?
They are an extremely rich company, and its not like they couldn't have done something big. They played it safe and now we have all these problems.

The servers are crap, the connection is junk, and the overall experience is unsatisfying. Could pay and play fix this? Maybe, but we won't know for some time... all we can do is hope Nintendo realizes its priorities.

DistantWords

Um...  Sorry, but no.

Let's take a good hard look at the "With Anyone" option, shall we?

Can you see the name of the person you are matched against?  No.
Can you communicate in any way, shape or form, even if it's just pre-selected phrases?  No.
Can you see any stats at ALL on the person you are matched against?  No.
Are there even any records of any random matches?  Far as I know, No.

Finally, can you even tell, with absolute certainty, that ANYONE you are playing, is in fact a real live person?  No.

I haven't played Strikers Charged, but I've read that even that game had online leaderboards for the random matches, and random matches were based on your stats vs. their stats (meaning, actual records of online matches, even if they ARE with random people).

I'm sorry, but the online mode for Brawl seems to be a step BACK from Strikers Charged.  That's not an improvement in my opinion...

Also, what exactly is the point of betting coins on random battles you're just watching?  You have NO clue who is controlling each character...  Any one of them could be a master, or a first time player, for all you know.  And if they all happen to pick the same character, you're pretty much screwed trying to bet on one (for fun I've watched a few battles, and one, I kid you not, was 4 Pikachus).

The preceding were the views of myself, and myself alone....
Looking for any old friends from Nsider.  If you remember me, let me know!

Brand new AC:WW town created. PM me for FC info.

Geno

Nintendo has shown that they can do somewhat decent online play.

Metroid Prime: Hunters, Super Mario Strikers: Charged, and MKDS. I don't mind the lack of voice chat in most games but seriously Nintendo intercourse ed up online play with smash.

Also, tiblar is an idiot.

Geno

Quote from: DistantWords on March 18, 2008, 03:01:25 PM
Um...  Sorry, but no.

Let's take a good hard look at the "With Anyone" option, shall we?

Can you see the name of the person you are matched against?  No.
Can you communicate in any way, shape or form, even if it's just pre-selected phrases?  No.
Can you see any stats at ALL on the person you are matched against?  No.
Are there even any records of any random matches?  Far as I know, No.

Finally, can you even tell, with absolute certainty, that ANYONE you are playing, is in fact a real live person?  No.

I haven't played Strikers Charged, but I've read that even that game had online leaderboards for the random matches, and random matches were based on your stats vs. their stats (meaning, actual records of online matches, even if they ARE with random people).

I'm sorry, but the online mode for Brawl seems to be a step BACK from Strikers Charged.  That's not an improvement in my opinion...

Also, what exactly is the point of betting coins on random battles you're just watching?  You have NO clue who is controlling each character...  Any one of them could be a master, or a first time player, for all you know.  And if they all happen to pick the same character, you're pretty much screwed trying to bet on one (for fun I've watched a few battles, and one, I kid you not, was 4 Pikachus).

The preceding were the views of myself, and myself alone....
This post sums it all up.

SkyMyl

Wow, thanks for saying that (No sarcasm.)!

I personally hate the no Names thing. That's the only thing. Plus they could've added a Rival Feature.

Zora Link

apparantly you haven't gotten D/Ced every time you try to play someone.
Yes, this wi-fi would be the best ever, if it worked.

Doodle

I think it's pretty cool! The only problem I have is the slight lag. The voice chat would be cool, but I don't really NEED it. And besides, phones and stuff make me sound girlish. :P
YEAH

ThePowerOfOne

You don't need to know anybody's name or talk to them. Its a fighting game, you fight, not talk. And the online works just fine for me.

Nayrman

It's alirght...with Firends. Firends is okay if you have a decent connection, otherwise the online fails massively. Only one game option for online, no names, no chat, NO NOTHING!
Like HTA and Geno said, it was Nintendo's one big chance to prove they're the dominant system, and they blew it. Is voice chat with friends too much to ask for? Apparently so. And don't say they didn't have time or money. Nintendo is the third wealthiest company in Japan, and Brawl got over TWICE the development time than Melee.
Basically, it's Nintendo's unwillingness to do anything. Also, don't use the "free" junk as an excuse. PS3 has free online and that is infinatley better than Nintendo's online. At least we get minor text for Mario Kart...but more people are going to play Brawl longer.
We can always hope for Smash 4 right? :P