News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Stop Complaining About Online Play!

Started by tibar7, March 18, 2008, 01:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HTA!

Quote from: Phaze on March 18, 2008, 05:26:26 PM
You don't need to know anybody's name or talk to them. Its a fighting game, you fight, not talk. And the online works just fine for me.

That was.....lol I can't contain it.

Why the HELL does Halo need voice chat then?

Oh, I don't know, to enhance the gameplay?
DO NOT try and make it sound like this online is decent, or even acceptable.
Its not.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 18, 2008, 05:42:21 PM
You don't need to know anybody's name or talk to them. Its a fighting game, you fight, not talk. And the online works just fine for me.

Its not.
Then don't play. Its spoiled people like you i'm talking about that want more, more, more.

Nayrman

Quote from: Phaze on March 18, 2008, 05:50:25 PM

Its not.
Then don't play. Its spoiled people like you i'm talking about that want more, more, more.
Apparently you've never played Xbox Live...
jeezus simple voice chat with friends shouldn't be too much to ask for X_X;;

HTA!

Quote from: Phaze on March 18, 2008, 05:50:25 PM

Its not.
Spoiled?
This is my first online game EVER.

And quiet frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the online turned people away from Ninty.
We aren't asking for more more more, we are asking for what was expected and they failed to deliver.

Saying "be glad we got it at all!" is bull*** because it was a given that the game would have Wi-Fi.
Should I be happy it lags constantly?
Or that the servers are basically internet death traps?

What if you had no Nsider?
And no Friend Codes to share? I would be pretty mad off, more than now, at the sad sate of random play and how its basically computers with different colored icons.

On X-Box, you have interaction. On Wii you have nothing. Not to bolster X-Box, but its the best online experience period and Brawl needs to step up.

And yet, I have Nsider so I'm content. The Friend system is okay, but still disgraceful to Smash.

Case closed.

Skye8600

Feh. stop being stupid. ever heardof trial and error?
the reason microsoft has good online is cause theyve been doing it for years. as you all whine about the fact that there is no online chatting, do any of you remember playing things like Halo 3 online? all the little 5 year olds screaming in your ear and ruining the experience? do you seriously want that with brawl? Stop saying that this was nintendos big chance and they missed it. You honestly think this will be the lat smash? sure, sakurai might not make the next one, but nintendo will do it. Maybe they will add your poopty little voice chat. maybe they will add your stupid leaderboard. maybe they will allow people to see your name. honestly. who cares about the name of someone probably living in another country? give me a break. Let nintendo work out the bugs. stop whining about it. if it bothers you so much, just dont play. seriously. be happy that this even came with wifi you greedy little bastards.

Nayrman

Quote from: Skye8600 on March 18, 2008, 06:19:40 PM
the reason microsoft has good online is cause theyve been doing it for years. as you all whine about the fact that there is no online chatting, do any of you remember playing things like Halo 3 online? all the little 5 year olds screaming in your ear and ruining the experience? do you seriously want that with brawl? Stop saying that this was nintendos big chance and they missed it. You honestly think this will be the lat smash? sure, sakurai might not make the next one, but nintendo will do it. Maybe they will add your s***ty little voice chat. maybe they will add your stupid leaderboard. maybe they will allow people to see your name. honestly. who cares about the name of someone probably living in another country? give me a break. Let nintendo work out the bugs. stop whining about it. if it bothers you so much, just dont play. seriously. be happy that this even came with wifi you greedy little bastards.
u could always limit voice chat to friends only X_X;;
What trial and error? Just copy Xbox Live and you're golden! That's what Sony is doing and it works pretty well...
Oh, and it was Nintendo's one big chance. Brawl is the last true hardcore experience (and only online one) for a LONG time on the Wii...
oh, and mostly those are 12 year old boys who think they're cool just because they suckered their parents into buying an Xbox for them....

HTA!

the reason microsoft has good online is cause theyve been doing it for years. as you all whine about the fact that there is no online chatting, do any of you remember playing things like Halo 3 online? all the little 5 year olds screaming in your ear and ruining the experience? do you seriously want that with brawl? Stop saying that this was nintendos big chance and they missed it. You honestly think this will be the lat smash? sure, sakurai might not make the next one, but nintendo will do it. Maybe they will add your s***ty little voice chat. maybe they will add your stupid leaderboard. maybe they will allow people to see your name. honestly. who cares about the name of someone probably living in another country? give me a break. Let nintendo work out the bugs. stop whining about it. if it bothers you so much, just dont play. seriously. be happy that this even came with wifi you greedy little bastards.

Wow...

HOW MANY COPIES OF BRAWL DID THEY SELL?

Over 1 Million correct? So this was the big chance, the big show. Did you know that before Sakurai stepped in, Brawl was going to be Melee with Online.
So, now that you get all this brand new content... we still have no online worth using unless you go to a forum etc.

We aren't greedy in the least. We waited 7 years, and we get this.
And Nintendo has had online for what? 3 years?

There is no trial and error. There is Nintendo trying to protect its family friendly image. And in the process, it kills anyone who were serious about Brawl and really wanted a good experience. Nintendo is basically saying why put in the effort when they know the game will sell well.

The problem is we know they can do better, and guess what with Pay and Play on the way it may well happen. But you can;t say anything to make this alright. Its a spectacular game, but the online needs work. Disagree with he last sentence, and I'll know you are mentally unstable.

Ah... brings back memories of the old days....

Skye8600

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 18, 2008, 06:28:26 PM

Wow...

Over 1 Million correct? So this was the big chance, the big show. Did you know that before Sakurai stepped in, Brawl was going to be Melee with Online.
So, now that you get all this brand new content... we still have no online worth using unless you go to a forum etc.

There is no trial and error. There is Nintendo trying to protect its family friendly image. And in the process, it kills anyone who were serious about Brawl and really wanted a good experience. Nintendo is basically saying why put in the effort when they know the game will sell well.

The problem is we know they can do better, and guess what with Pay and Play on the way it may well happen. But you can;t say anything to make this alright. Its a spectacular game, but the online needs work. Disagree with he last sentence, and I'll know you are mentally unstable.

if you are really serious you wouldnt let something like this ruin your experience
and yes. i knew brawl was gonna be melee with online

HTA!

Quote from: Skye8600 on March 18, 2008, 07:07:07 PM

Wow...

if you are really serious you wouldnt let something like this ruin your experience
If I were really serious,
I would want the best experience possible.

Skye8600

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 18, 2008, 07:22:17 PM

Wow...

but if you didnt get it, that means that everything sucks now?

HTA!

Quote from: Skye8600 on March 18, 2008, 07:29:56 PM

Wow...

What is this thread on?
Wi-Fi right?

Wi-Fi sucks.
In fact, I believe i said the rest of the game was spectacular.

Triforceman22

my my, this is quite hilarious to watch.
(Lurking ftw.)
Okay, I don't have Wi-Fi yet.

But from what i'm hearing, it's pretty bad.
Oh well....

Online isn't everything...
I mean i'm having the time of my life playin' brawl.

oh btw, use Skype if you want to talk to your buddies...

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Skye8600

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 18, 2008, 07:33:21 PM

Wow...

What is this thread on?
Wi-Fi right?

Wi-Fi sucks.
then plz exscuse my last comment.
but seriously, stop complaining about it. its not like you can do anything to change it right now.

HTA!

Quote from: Skye8600 on March 18, 2008, 07:35:07 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 18, 2008, 07:33:21 PM

Wow...

What is this thread on?
Wi-Fi right?

Wi-Fi sucks.
then plz exscuse my last comment.
but seriously, stop complaining about it. its not like you can do anything to change it right now.

I am just trying to stop people from acting like it is amazing.
Its fun, but not that good.

But more than complain, we are thinking of new possibilities.
Nice talking with you.

Triforceman22

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!