News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Stop Complaining About Online Play!

Started by tibar7, March 18, 2008, 01:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geno

Quote from: Java_Java on March 19, 2008, 11:38:11 AM
Quote from: Geno on March 19, 2008, 11:31:24 AM
Quote from: Java_Java on March 19, 2008, 11:11:29 AM
I would have loved for Brawl to have Voice Chat even if it was for Friends Only.

Everytime I want to play Brawl with my brother who lives across the country, I have to CALL him and talk to him through the phone.

Friends only voice chat would be fine. It would be much better if you could use voice chat with the "With anyone" feature. Voice chat with friends would make it a little more decent.
I really wouldn't care if it wasn't for "With Anyone"
I'm not into the whole talking to complete strangers thing.  :-\
I know that it makes it more interesting as shown on Xbox Live.

Triforceman22

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 19, 2008, 04:36:07 AM
Quote from: Triforceman22 on March 18, 2008, 07:43:13 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 18, 2008, 07:41:25 PM
Quote from: Triforceman22 on March 18, 2008, 07:39:08 PM
Use Skype peoples..::)
What?

you don't know what skype is?
Nope

it's a program where you can talk to your friends over a microphone...
You don't need online talk when you got Skype...XD
btw, it's a website...

I can't belive you didn't know...

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

tibar7

Quote from: DistantWords on March 19, 2008, 08:00:54 AM
Quote from: tibar7 on March 19, 2008, 04:58:20 AM
Quote from: Geno on March 18, 2008, 08:39:32 PM
Hi, I'm Nintendo.

Let's make online play for Brawl. ^_^

We should make it so people can add friends by exchanging long codes so that pedos cant get to the 10 year olds that make up for 99% of the gaming population ^_^

Also, we should ditch voice chat. Gamers are anti social and don't like communicating ^_^

Also, let's ignore the fact that everyone wants Geno in Brawl. WE'LL ADD R.O.B. INSTEAD! ^_^
for the last time, nintendo doesn't hve access to the technology xbox (microsoft) has, and they're just starting out. they can't just give voice chat to a game. they got to do that to the Wii that we have.

On what exactly are you basing these statements?  That Nintendo is lacking resources?  Nintnedo is a HUGE company, that thanks to the Wii and DS is doing VERY well for themselves.  There are a TON of things that they could do with the Wii right now but have chosen not to so far. Just because they haven't done something, doesn't mean they CAN'T.

The DS has voice chat for crying out loud.  Are you telling all of us that you think the DS is more technologically advanced than the Wii?

A headset could have easily been made that would plug into the Wii Remote, just like the Nunchuck and Classic Controller, leaving a slot on the back to plug in a Nunhuck or Classic Controller.

Nintendo has FAR more recources at their disposal that you seem willing to give them credit for.  And I'd love to know where you're getting these ideas.

The ONLY thing they don't have that say Microsoft has is the same first hand experience.  But that has never stopped Nintendo before...
what i'm saying is that nintendo doesn't have as much resources as the Xbox 360, because xbox has microsoft, the most succesful computer technology to back them up. nintendo doesn't have that, and that's why their online isn't as good as xbox live yet.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

Nayrman

Quote from: tibar7 on March 19, 2008, 12:56:24 PM
Hi, I'm Nintendo.

We should make it so people can add friends by exchanging long codes so that pedos cant get to the 10 year olds that make up for 99% of the gaming population ^_^

Also, we should ditch voice chat. Gamers are anti social and don't like communicating ^_^

Also, let's ignore the fact that everyone wants Geno in Brawl. WE'LL ADD R.O.B. INSTEAD! ^_^
for the last time, nintendo doesn't hve access to the technology xbox (microsoft) has, and they're just starting out. they can't just give voice chat to a game. they got to do that to the Wii that we have.

On what exactly are you basing these statements?  That Nintendo is lacking resources?  Nintnedo is a HUGE company, that thanks to the Wii and DS is doing VERY well for themselves.  There are a TON of things that they could do with the Wii right now but have chosen not to so far. Just because they haven't done something, doesn't mean they CAN'T.

The DS has voice chat for crying out loud.  Are you telling all of us that you think the DS is more technologically advanced than the Wii?

A headset could have easily been made that would plug into the Wii Remote, just like the Nunchuck and Classic Controller, leaving a slot on the back to plug in a Nunhuck or Classic Controller.

Nintendo has FAR more recources at their disposal that you seem willing to give them credit for.  And I'd love to know where you're getting these ideas.

The ONLY thing they don't have that say Microsoft has is the same first hand experience.  But that has never stopped Nintendo before...
what i'm saying is that nintendo doesn't have as much resources as the Xbox 360, because xbox has microsoft, the most succesful computer technology to back them up. nintendo doesn't have that, and that's why their online isn't as good as xbox live yet.
what do you mean they don't have rescources? They have PLENTY of rescources! How else could they make the Wiimote so able to detect motions? Online shouldn't be something this hard for them. Sony was a tv/video playback company, and don't necessarily have the "computer" backround that Microsoft does, and they're doing alright for themselves online. Nintendo is just too stubborn to do anything, and for some reason want to keep their kiddy image X_X;;

tibar7

Quote from: Nayrman on March 19, 2008, 01:31:07 PM
Hi, I'm Nintendo.

what do you mean they don't have rescources? They have PLENTY of rescources! How else could they make the Wiimote so able to detect motions? Online shouldn't be something this hard for them. Sony was a tv/video playback company, and don't necessarily have the "computer" backround that Microsoft does, and they're doing alright for themselves online. Nintendo is just too stubborn to do anything, and for some reason want to keep their kiddy image X_X;;
naryman, nintendo has lots of resources, don't get me wrong. what i'm saying is that xbox 360/live has more online/wi-fi resources (microsoft/bill gates)  and that's why xbox has tackled the online factor faster than nintendo.
bottom line: Xbox concentrates on online play
Nintendo concentrates on making great games. in the long run Nintendo is better. They just started doing online with the DS and the Wii so they're still working on it.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

HTA!

Quote from: tibar7 on March 19, 2008, 01:38:54 PM
Hi, I'm Nintendo.

naryman, nintendo has lots of resources, don't get me wrong. what i'm saying is that xbox 360/live has more online/wi-fi resources (microsoft/bill gates)  and that's why xbox has tackled the online factor faster than nintendo.
Nintendo concentrates on making great games. in the long run Nintendo is better. They just started doing online with the DS and the Wii so they're still working on it.
Um no.
Microsoft has had experience, but Nintendo is not "just starting out"
That is ludicrous.
They have had online ever since MKDS and they are just being stubborn.

Nayrman

Hi, I'm Nintendo.

I guess "starting out" takes three years then, cuz that's how long MKDS has been out...
More like "Nintendo doesn't give a crap about what gamers REALLY want". Lets see, we get our big three and Smash, still no great online, and now after brawl almost nothing to look forward too X_X;;

HTA!

Quote from: Nayrman on March 19, 2008, 01:46:02 PM
Hi, I'm Nintendo.

I guess "starting out" takes three years then, cuz that's how long MKDS has been out...
More like "Nintendo doesn't give a crap about what gamers REALLY want". Lets see, we get our big three and Smash, still no great online, and now after brawl almost nothing to look forward too X_X;;
MKW in a month =)

DistantWords

You know, this is kind of a pointless thread.  I could go over to some scientific web site and post over and over and over again that Stephen Hawkings has an IQ of 2.  But you know what?  Saying something over and over again doesn't make it any more true...

The FACT is that Nintendo COULD have provided a better online service.  They didn't need ANY more recources or experience than they already have.

Voice Chat...  Let's see, they have that on the DS.  So you CANNOT tell me they can't have it on the Wii.

No mic?  Who needs a mic attatchment?  The Wii CAN in fact connect to the DS.  Use the DS as the mic/headset...  You only need one Wii Remote to play online....
Looking for any old friends from Nsider.  If you remember me, let me know!

Brand new AC:WW town created. PM me for FC info.

Geno

I'm laughing so hard at Tibar's fanboyism.

"Nintendo concentrates on making great games. in the long run Nintendo is better. They just started doing online with the DS and the Wii so they're still working on it. "

The fanboyism is killing me :P
Just randomly he says they are better when we're talking about online play.

Kaz

Uh...of course people will still criticize it. If you're so defensive that you can't stand to see something criticized when you think it's good, you might as well give up on reviews entirely.

We reserve the right to say whatever the intercourse  we want about the game. We can criticize it if we want. And you know what? It's true that it could've been better. So why whine about people who complain about that? They're right.

In short: get over it.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Geno

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on March 19, 2008, 08:59:12 PM
Uh...of course people will still criticize it. If you're so defensive that you can't stand to see something criticized when you think it's good, you might as well give up on reviews entirely.

We reserve the right to say whatever the intercourse  we want about the game. We can criticize it if we want. And you know what? It's true that it could've been better. So why whine about people who complain about that? They're right.

Kaz wins.

Macawmoses

Stop complaining about people complaining about online play.

Quote from: Geno on March 19, 2008, 08:59:56 PM
Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on March 19, 2008, 08:59:12 PM

We reserve the right to say whatever the f*** we want about the game. We can criticize it if we want. And you know what? It's true that it could've been better. So why whine about people who complain about that? They're right.

Kaz wins.