News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Brawl official tier list v 1.0

Started by Dawei, September 01, 2008, 02:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawei

Quote from: Fatmanonice on September 02, 2008, 10:08:50 AM
At least Metaknight is up there? Are you serious? *turns aside* Is he serious? You're suprized that a character that has 80/20-70/30 match ups against like 70% of the cast, 60/40 against probably 25% and the rest are even except for one counter (Snake) who is now being heavily debated is "up there?" You don't even have to be in competitive smashing to know that Metaknight is retardedly good.
According to the MK matchup thread, his worst mathups are Diddy, Snake, and Yoshi, all at 55-45 in his favor. So basically he has no counter.

And HTA, Wario hardly is underrated (assuming I'm not intercourse ing english up). Over powered grab release, anyone?

Fatmanonice

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on September 02, 2008, 01:38:08 PM
"You might be the one, like Chu Dat's Ice Climbers back in Melee, that cause people's opinions to change."

Yeah right. :(

Not to say this was surprising, M2K and Chillin had it right weeks ago.
Tink, Mario, PT, and a few others irked me a bit.... but any argument that could be made would only raise them 2-3 spots if even that.

DDD still perplexes me, but I know absolutely nil about his meta game so I'm gonna go ahead and assume it the beastly chain-grab and projectile blocking F-tilt.

I'll go on record saying Wario got slighted, but who knows how it will turn out in the months to come?

What the intercourse  peach in middle?
I had higher hopes for her. ;-;

Toon Link seems about right. Mario does bug me because he's one of the few characters would can still easily string attacks together, has an above average gimping game, doesn't have any glaring weaknesses except for his range, great approaches (SH Fireball + anything= sex on toast) and a decent amount of technical prowess too thanks to the cape and FLUDD. The main problem is that hardly anyone uses him so his potential is barely known. Pokemon Trainer seems about right. If it was just Charizard (essentially a flying Bowser), he'd probably be mid of middle tier but Squirtle and Ivysaur plus the forced switching upon dying and fatique really drag him down.

You should be happy about Peach's placement considering how for like the first three months the game was out it was widely agreed she was low tier.

HTA!

Quote from: Dawei on September 02, 2008, 02:51:01 PM
Quote from: Fatmanonice on September 02, 2008, 10:08:50 AM
At least Metaknight is up there? Are you serious? *turns aside* Is he serious? You're suprized that a character that has 80/20-70/30 match ups against like 70% of the cast, 60/40 against probably 25% and the rest are even except for one counter (Snake) who is now being heavily debated is "up there?" You don't even have to be in competitive smashing to know that Metaknight is retardedly good.
According to the MK matchup thread, his worst mathups are Diddy, Snake, and Yoshi, all at 55-45 in his favor. So basically he has no counter.

And HTA, Wario hardly is underrated (assuming I'm not f***ing english up). Over powered grab release, anyone?
s*** read his placement wrong.
Forget it, Wario rapes.

@FMOI
Eh, "some faggot" had her waaaaay higher so I assumed I just hadn't seen her M-game completely formed yet.
Yeah my hopes for PT were mainly reliant on Charizard... but now that you mention is Squirtle and Ivysuar just hold him back. D:
Tink is just as Dawei said... good on paper not in action.
But still it seems kind of low... but I'm not one to argue with the list after SBR had its time with it. D:

Dawei

Guys, try to keep up.

M2K DID NOT make that tier list. It was Chillindude and some guy named Travis

HTA!

Quote from: Dawei on September 02, 2008, 03:07:17 PM
Guys, try to keep up.

M2K DID NOT make that tier list. It was Chillindude and some guy named Travis
lol owned :(

QingXin

Link :| :| :|

I'm surpised with a few... Especially Dedede. I played with him for awhile, and found the Godliness of his Back Aerial, but I dropped him for some reason... I think it was because I never really liked fat penguins :| :| :|

Depster

I see nothing too surprising, and this one actually seems to give yoshi more room than most others, he's 2 or 3 spots higher than most.  I think this list will change a lot by the end of Brawl's run.  hm, if there was a bottom tier Yoshi may not be in it XD.  I think a few of the middle-low tier characters seem a little bit higher than they should be, but other than that this one looks legit.

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

Java

Things like these always confuse me.

For the first few months didn't everyone think Charizard sucked and Squirtle was good?

Fatmanonice

Quote from: Java_Java on September 02, 2008, 09:37:30 PM
Things like these always confuse me.

For the first few months didn't everyone think Charizard sucked and Squirtle was good?

Yeah but it's now agreed that Squirtle is basically only good against Captain Falcon (because nearly everyone counters CF), Fox (pseudo utilt lock), Wolf (pseudo utilt lock), and Ness (semi grab and release infinite).

Triforceman22

I'm suprised that ike is middle. :P

I should start playing as DDD....

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Macawmoses

Guys, I think you need to read, of course the tier list will change. If one would have been made at month one, it'd be topsy turvy compared to today. Some things (like MK's high placement) I can't see changing, but as Meta Game is developed, and the game exploited, we could see some major shake ups, much like Melee.

Fatmanonice

Quote from: Triforceman22 on September 06, 2008, 08:26:04 AM
I'm suprised that ike is middle. :P

I should start playing as DDD....

Ike will definately drop. A lot of pros have dropped him, including Azen, because his metagame was incredibly shallow and he's pretty much viewed as the "nOOb slayer." He also has really craptastic matchups against most of the high characters (as does Bowser...) so he will more than likely fall to low tier by the end of the year.

jnfs2014

Melee Link would've been higher than Brawl Link.

Sgt.Chilly

Quote from: ninja on September 02, 2008, 01:20:36 PM

I'd like to challenge your fire luigi sometime =]

metaknight however is a jewbagel

and we gotta 1v1 BOOOOOSER as well

Well I like to choose a top for every class.
Middleweight - Fire Luigi
Lightweight - White MetaKnight
Heavyweight - Dark Bowser

God I wish I had Wi-Fi!

Of everyone in town and on the internets, DocNess is the only person who gives me a real challenge.

Nayrman

Woot 1st tier list is out.
I knew Falcon fell but wow I didn't think he dropped that far X_X
I think Mega and Snake are sticking to the top two unless something drastic comes along to change things. In all honesty I'm surprised that DDD and Gameandwatch are so high. Either I just play really bad guys or my Sonic for just some reason beats those two XD