News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

MK Banned? Now featuring: Arguements about competitive play.

Started by Playat, November 06, 2008, 08:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should MK be banned from tournies?

Yes
8 (22.9%)
NO
27 (77.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Playat

The biggest topic on Smash Boards right now is one i'm sure most of you are aware of: The question of whether or not Meta Knight should be banned from tournaments. It's been claimed that he's unbeatable, that everybody will want to pick him up, and has too many cheap techniques.

What do you guys think of this subject?

JrDude

A regular "No," no need for the capital "O."
[move][/move]
Dude .

Ridley

No, get over it. MK is just a little broken. Nothing like characteres in melee.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Macawmoses

Uh, no. In fact, that makes him weaker, as there are going to be users that do nothing but study his Meta Game, and ultimately, cripple him. He's more than beatable, and I just can't see him banned.

DededeCloneChris

The banning itself is stupid too.

Nayrman

Quote from: Ridley on November 06, 2008, 08:23:38 PM
Actually, Meta is incredibally broken...
but the man is kinda stupid since Snake and other long range types can beat him as long as they don't do anyting stupid...

Neerb

Characters shouldn't be banned from smash.  If you can't beat someone, then you'd just better practice harder.

Level_9_Chao

Pro Brawl will probably end up being a majority MK/Snake/whatever god tiers, just like pro Melee was 95% Fox/Falco/Sheik. I have yet to see any proof that he's so insanely broken he's literally unbeatable.

Tripping helps. :-\
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

jnfs2014

Yes and no.

Yes, because, like lv9 chao said, MK will be in almost every match, making it not very diverse.
No, because, like Mack said, people will find a way to destroy/ruin MK.

.:DL:.

He's not unbeatable at all.  There are many other characters who are way more broken than MK.  If you can't beat him, then just practice harder.  Exactly what Smash bro 25 mentioned.

Ridley

Quote from: darklink140 on November 07, 2008, 02:56:13 PM
He's not unbeatable at all.  There are many other characters who are way more broken than MK.  If you can't beat him, then just practice harder.  Exactly what Smash bro 25 mentioned.

Name one character more broken than him. :D Seriously, no matter how good he is, he shouldn't be banned.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Qsmash

I've proven MK to be beatable over a hundred times by now.

Dawei

Hahahahaha, no one in Melee was as dominant as Mk. At least Fox had bad/neutral matchups (with characters that are tournament viable. Don't give me that Yoshi poop, Dep).

Nayr, MK and Snake are about 55-45 in mk's favor. Snake destroys mk on the ground, but the milisecond snake is offstage he's done for. Just space your attacks well, get him off, and then up b him to his death at 30%. And no other "long range" character has anything on him. Marth? Space your attacks, get him off, gimp him with dair or whatever. Basically, MK is always the best choice. Period.

L9C, with mk not being banned, it won't be "MK/Snake/whoever" like you say. It'll be "mk/mk/mk". Why use someone else when he's always the best choice? Double blind picks, for example. You have no idea who the opponent will use. So you pick MK. Why? Because no matter who they use, you won't be at a disadvantage. You have a slight advantage in every case. Also, Marth was used more than Falco or Sheik, and Peach and Falcon were used a ton too. :P

DL, you are dumb. No one is as good as mk in Brawl. Don't give me that Ike or Pit bullpoop, please.

Ridley, there is a time for banning. Akuma from SF2 is a good example. He's not just better than every character in the game. He's at LEAST 10x better than everyone. Some characters just completely destroy the metagame.

Qsmash, beating level 9 computers and other random scrubs who probably suck with MK, even with him being insanely easy to use, does not count.

And even after all of this, I'm not in favor of banning him. I'm completely neutral.

Mutilator7

Uh meta knight is pretty broken, but not as bad to ban him from tournies

Nayrman

Quote from: Dawei on November 07, 2008, 04:30:47 PM
Hahahahaha, no one in Melee was as dominant as Mk. At least Fox had bad/neutral matchups (with characters that are tournament viable. Don't give me that Yoshi s***, Dep).

Nayr, MK and Snake are about 55-45 in mk's favor. Snake destroys mk on the ground, but the milisecond snake is offstage he's done for. Just space your attacks well, get him off, and then up b him to his death at 30%. And no other "long range" character has anything on him. Marth? Space your attacks, get him off, gimp him with dair or whatever. Basically, MK is always the best choice. Period.

L9C, with mk not being banned, it won't be "MK/Snake/whoever" like you say. It'll be "mk/mk/mk". Why use someone else when he's always the best choice? Double blind picks, for example. You have no idea who the opponent will use. So you pick MK. Why? Because no matter who they use, you won't be at a disadvantage. You have a slight advantage in every case. Also, Marth was used more than Falco or Sheik, and Peach and Falcon were used a ton too. :P

DL, you are dumb. No one is as good as mk in Brawl. Don't give me that Ike or Pit bulls***, please.

Ridley, there is a time for banning. Akuma from SF2 is a good example. He's not just better than every character in the game. He's at LEAST 10x better than everyone. Some characters just completely destroy the metagame.

Qsmash, beating level 9 computers and other random scrubs who probably suck with MK, even with him being insanely easy to use, does not count.

And even after all of this, I'm not in favor of banning him. I'm completely neutral.
But Snake is the only character to genuinely have any sort of advantage over Metaknight.
I still want to know how Metaknight's attacks were made faster than Sonic's....
I guess we know why Sakurai didn't want to put DDD and Meta in Smash... it's obvious he played favorites with Meta (his reported favorite creation)