News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Zelda is Getting Revamped

Started by Apollo, December 06, 2008, 06:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: Zero on December 24, 2008, 11:39:48 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on December 24, 2008, 11:34:23 AM
Quote from: Commissar Torgo on December 24, 2008, 10:41:08 AM
the problem is if they do something different people will complain that it ruins the game, but if they don't change people will complain that it is getting old and stale
It's already old and stale. That was the biggest complaint of TP...that it was too similar to OoT and WW in terms of deseign and story. Next biggest complaint: Too dang easy X_X;;

I'd wager that the difficulty was the main issue. The game is unbearably easy. I like games that stick to their respective formulas, so the former wasn't much of a problem with me.

Though I bet you were just referring to a consensus. I don't keep track of these things, so I wouldn't know how everyone else in the community felt about it .
You know TP's online name right? Ocoraina of Twilight X_X;;
It's essentially the same story, same gameplay (striaght down to temple order in the first half), and yes it was unbearably easy. The first two "dungeons" were straight shots X_X;;
And they really need to stop trying to copy the Water Temple because it will NEVER be topped...

Tupin

Miyamoto needs to stop trying to make every Zelda game live up to a game that's over ten years old. Sure, it blazed some trails, but isn't it time to blaze some new ones? He took a right step with Majora's Mask and Windwaker, but then went back and gave us a watered-down Ocarina of Time, something the series did NOT need.

Maybe they should team up with Capcom again, their handheld titles were great when they worked with them.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on December 24, 2008, 08:42:25 PM
Quote from: Zero on December 24, 2008, 11:39:48 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on December 24, 2008, 11:34:23 AM
Quote from: Commissar Torgo on December 24, 2008, 10:41:08 AM
the problem is if they do something different people will complain that it ruins the game, but if they don't change people will complain that it is getting old and stale
It's already old and stale. That was the biggest complaint of TP...that it was too similar to OoT and WW in terms of deseign and story. Next biggest complaint: Too dang easy X_X;;

I'd wager that the difficulty was the main issue. The game is unbearably easy. I like games that stick to their respective formulas, so the former wasn't much of a problem with me.

Though I bet you were just referring to a consensus. I don't keep track of these things, so I wouldn't know how everyone else in the community felt about it .
You know TP's online name right? Ocoraina of Twilight X_X;;
It's essentially the same story, same gameplay (striaght down to temple order in the first half), and yes it was unbearably easy. The first two "dungeons" were straight shots X_X;;
And they really need to stop trying to copy the Water Temple because it will NEVER be topped...

No I didn't know that at all. Nor did I realize until now just how similar they are.

Friendly Hostile

I disagree that Zelda needs revamping.  Maybe some new ideas in the story department (MM and WW did this nicely I think) but otherwise, not much needs to change.  Honestly, all the ideas in this thread sound terrible, and if any of them ever make it into the series, I hold you all personally responsible.  And thus you shall be the targets of my rage.

JrDude

How to make it hard: Don't get any Heart Pieces/Containers.
Now stop complaining, 'cause Nintendo's not changing poop.
[move][/move]
Dude .

SkyMyl

Make the puzzles more head-scratching, make the enemies tougher. I would be fine with those two improvements.

Allegretto

Quote from: Zero on December 20, 2008, 06:49:02 PM
Quote from: Allegretto on December 19, 2008, 10:33:11 PM
No, dont revamp it. Keep it the way its been. Dont turn the Zelda series into another Sonic saga.

If you want to revamp Link then stop trying to revamp it.

The most innovative thing they've done with the Zelda series in recent years is the sailing in Wind Waker not including the wii-mote controls of TP and the Touch-screen features of PH.

There's also the Z-targeting introduced in OoT and the complete rehash of Zelda I to Zelda II, but the latter I think applies to what you might be afraid of.

Other than those things, Zelda has been the same ever since the first game for the most part.

And you need to remember, Nintendo isn't SonicTeam.
Was there an argument in there about my post?

If so, are you really trying to argue with me about what my opinion is?

QingXin

This makes me want to restore my old thread...

Sol Medallion :D

Jono2

Quote from: JrDude on December 26, 2008, 01:31:15 AM
How to make it hard: Don't get any Heart Pieces/Containers.
Now stop complaining, 'cause Nintendo's not changing poop.

lol, true that they aren't gonna change anything, but 3 hearts on TP would last you the entire game (was there even an enemy that did 3 hearts damage?  iirc, ganondorf only did 1.5 with his sword)

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Zero

Quote from: Allegretto on December 26, 2008, 03:39:42 PM
Quote from: Zero on December 20, 2008, 06:49:02 PM
Quote from: Allegretto on December 19, 2008, 10:33:11 PM
No, dont revamp it. Keep it the way its been. Dont turn the Zelda series into another Sonic saga.

If you want to revamp Link then stop trying to revamp it.

The most innovative thing they've done with the Zelda series in recent years is the sailing in Wind Waker not including the wii-mote controls of TP and the Touch-screen features of PH.

There's also the Z-targeting introduced in OoT and the complete rehash of Zelda I to Zelda II, but the latter I think applies to what you might be afraid of.

Other than those things, Zelda has been the same ever since the first game for the most part.

And you need to remember, Nintendo isn't SonicTeam.
Was there an argument in there about my post?

If so, are you really trying to argue with me about what my opinion is?

I was commenting. Not arguing.

hybridgoomba

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on December 09, 2008, 09:04:32 PM
I've wanted a full-scale war in a Zelda game for quite a while, preferably one with all of the major races.  I'd also like to have co-op, and a good combination of these two ideas could result in an awesome game with you and a friend fighting the war as members of different races.

Also, remember the ghostly aliens of Majora's Mask?  Well, I was thinking that maybe they could make a game where the aliens invade Hyrule, Link is captured and taken to their world, and then the game becomes partly futuristic as Link wields hi-tech alien armor and weapons and travels back and forth between Hyrule and the alien world.  Now that would be awesome.

Yeah, I have thought about the full scale war against evil thing as well, it sounds like it would be awesome to me. Aliens... No thanks, leave that to a series like mario or metroid.

Visit my web site: http://hybridgoomba.com