News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Mario RPG's

Started by Thirdkoopa, December 20, 2009, 12:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

Since we needed better topics.

So what does everyone think of all the Mario RPG's? My favorite to date is still The Thousand Year Door, pitting Paper Mario or SMRPG (Prolly the latter) At my second favorite, and I've already beat them all asides from M&L3 which I asked for for christmas. I'm currently doing a god run of TTYD Where I literately do everything in the game and be really overpowered. I'm already at Level 23 with Mario and I've only started chapter 5.

so yeah, discuss.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Macawmoses

ilu

My favourite is Superstar Saga. The humor in it is just fantastic. SMRPG and Bowser's Inside Story both rank high for me...with the PM series being....eh

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Jacob Marley on December 20, 2009, 12:11:32 AM
My favourite is Superstar Saga. The humor in it is just fantastic. SMRPG and Bowser's Inside Story both rank high for me...with the PM series being....eh
Why eh? I mean, Paper Mario/TTYD Happen to have original partners...Ok...most of them are Mario enemies who happen to be nice, but I still feel they have so much personality as opposed to the same characters we've seen 17 billion times. Super Paper Mario...Can't really say that much in It's defense, but it at least had the most plot of all Mario Platforming games.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Macawmoses

Yeah but they are just tedious on quite a few levels. I am not huge into RPG's by any means, but I find the M+L series enjoyable.

SkyMyl

TTYD is fantastic, and was my favorite Mario RPG before playing Mario and Luigi 3.
He refuses to call it by its US name.
The pun is too horrible, he says.

And, contrast to everyone else, and as good as it may be, I'm not too into SMRPG. Easily the most overrated Mario game, in my opinion. It's fun, and it has its moments, but I just can't get into it as much as everyone else can.
Someone who judged SMPRG as meh? That's a first.
...I'll bulletproof the windows again.

Macawmoses

Quote from: SkyMyl on December 20, 2009, 12:23:44 AM
TTYD is fantastic, and was my favorite Mario RPG before playing Mario and Luigi 3.
He refuses to call it by its US name.
The pun is too horrible, he says.

And, contrast to everyone else, and as good as it may be, I'm not too into SMRPG. Easily the most overrated Mario game, in my opinion. It's fun, and it has its moments, but I just can't get into it as much as everyone else can.
Someone who judged SMPRG as meh? That's a first.
...I'll bulletproof the windows again.

SMRPG is respected for creating the foundations for Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi, not for being all around godlike. It's similar to Goldeneye.

SkyMyl

The only reason I'm taking that as an acceptable answer is because arguing on an iPod is difficult to constantly keep up with.
And because you suck at maintaining a good arguement in general.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Jacob Marley on December 20, 2009, 12:19:23 AM
Yeah but they are just tedious on quite a few levels. I am not huge into RPG's by any means, but I find the M+L series enjoyable.
I can see why you'd find it Tedious for not being an RPG Fan, especially the first one. The first one, Partners don't even have there own HP And the game just generally goes so slow in almost every aspect. I however don't see much to find tedious in the second one except If you didn't level up well. Ok, Creepy Steeple was pretty annoying.

I still rank it: TTYD > SMRPG > Paper Mario > SS > PiT > SPM. Only a few more days until I find out where M&L3 Shall place.

Quote from: Jacob Marley on December 20, 2009, 12:24:44 AM
SMRPG is respected for creating the foundations for Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi, not for being all around godlike. It's similar to Goldeneye.
I think It's moreso the unique plotline. Let us not forget it was the first Mario game to stray away from

"Bowser stole the Princess and took her to *Insert place here* Where he plans on doing *Insert plan here* As mario platforms through *Insert worlds here* To get her back"

And It really just did flesh out the characters and the story well. As well as the other Mario RPG Games? Debatable. Well in general? Yes.

JrDude

I also didn't care much for SMRPG, but PM: TTYD is indeed my favorite Mario RPG game, second is M&L: SS, it was fun and was one of the funniest Mario games ever, then it's PM1, then M&L: PiT, THEN SMRPG, yes it was fun but it wasn't as fun as the above, SPM isn't an RPG so it's not in the list, but it would be behind M&L: BIS, and I haven't even played that yet (even though it was promised to be bought for me since it came out and still no sign of it).
[move][/move]
Dude .

Red

My favorite is easily the original Paper Mario. I love that game beyond belief. After that it would probably be Super Star Saga, then SMRPG with The thousand Year Door being my least favorite, out of the ones I've played.

The Seventh

I LOVE them Mario RPG's, because all the one's that I've played are well thought out and have excellent gameplay.

I really wish I still had Superstar Saga... if only it wasn't in my DS when it dissappeared...
meh

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: JrDude ½ on December 20, 2009, 10:45:12 PM
I also didn't care much for SMRPG, but PM: TTYD is indeed my favorite Mario RPG game, second is M&L: SS, it was fun and was one of the funniest Mario games ever, then it's PM1, then M&L: PiT, THEN SMRPG, yes it was fun but it wasn't as fun as the above, SPM isn't an RPG so it's not in the list, but it would be behind M&L: BIS, and I haven't even played that yet (even though it was promised to be bought for me since it came out and still no sign of it).
SPM Is rather disappointing to be honest; Even as a platformer, I found myself beating the whole game within hours. While the plot is better than most people bash it for, It just has so much that doesn't appeal. For instance, one thing in TTYD That was great was the replayability. Does SPM Have that? Not really. Also you win for TTYD Being your favorite. I don't think I can find a Mario game that competes with that as my favorite, asides from a possible Paper Mario 4.

Speaking of PM4, Oh how I can only hope for another PM RPG One. I heard from an interview of NP That they're undecided on whether they would do the platforming method or the RPG Method. I'm keeping my hopes high for RPG. I just wonder how they'll get inspiration from Galaxy considering Paper Mario got a "Base" From Super Mario 64 and Paper Mario: TTYD Got some of It's roots from Super Mario Sunshine, and for that matter, a bit from Luigi's Mansion. Edit: Oh yeah forgot, SMRPG Bases similar to Super Mario World but that one bases moreso onto mario platformers in general.

/knows too much about mario RPG's.
Quote from: RedSox on December 21, 2009, 06:14:35 AM
The thousand Year Door being my least favorite
Wait wait wait
TTYD Being your least favorite? wat? D;

Gwen Khan

I hope we get some new partners in Paper Mario 4, if there is one

I would like to see at least one or more of these, a Bullet Bill, Thwomp, Piranha Plant, Chain Chomp

Triforceman22

Paper Mario 1.
My favourite game. Period.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

JrDude

Quote from: Gwen Khan on December 21, 2009, 09:47:42 AM
I hope we get some new partners in Paper Mario 4, if there is one

I would like to see at least one or more of these, a Bullet Bill, Thwomp, Piranha Plant, Chain Chomp
I agree, those would be awesome. I wanted those along with Blooper, Shy Guy, Hammer Bro (or something from the bro family), and/or Monty Mole.
[move][/move]
Dude .