Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Mario RPG's

Started by Thirdkoopa, December 20, 2009, 12:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

Quote from: Third K on January 06, 2010, 01:56:21 PM
Flubber.
1. It's BIS not BiS (Bowser's in Time Story?)
2. I haven't beaten the game, but you spoiled a bit for me that I'd rather not get spoiled on, but anyway. I think it's right and better for Bowser and M&L to level up seperately, I mean, Mario & Luigi kinda do that already.
I also agree that Bowser is better than the babies, but WAY better.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: JrDude ½ on January 07, 2010, 04:12:46 AM
1. It's BIS not BiS (Bowser's in Time Story?)
2. I haven't beaten the game, but you spoiled a bit for me that I'd rather not get spoiled on, but anyway. I think it's right and better for Bowser and M&L to level up seperately, I mean, Mario & Luigi kinda do that already.
I also agree that Bowser is better than the babies, but WAY better.
You'll beat it soon enough. Minigames are the only thing that took me a while.
1.Whoops. I just keep calling it BiS Due to the happen I got from PiT
2.Oh really? I only said some stuff about each supporting character. I suppose the "Variation of another character" Is pretty spoilerish.

Oh yeah, I for sure love playing as Bowser more than the Babies; It's just that I'm a wild grinder, yet currently from randomly playing, I have Bowser at level 26 yet Mario & Luigi at level 39. I just really wish I could just level both up fast, but It doesn't really render well to the plotline.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Thirdkoopa

well I decided this was worth a bump along with the fact that all we do is mainly argue in this board

While It's not official work I think this brings up interesting plot discussion for the next Mario RPG. To me it honestly feels like it'd fit better in Paper Mario rather than M&L. Anyways discuss whatever from the mario RPG's once more.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Zero

We need a new Paper Mario that isn't a sequel to Super Paper Mario.

/end thread

Mystic

Quote from: Zero on February 28, 2010, 09:05:40 PM
We need a new Paper Mario that isn't a sequel to Super Paper Mario.

/end thread
Disagree. New elements of SPM made it awesome.

JrDude

SPM was fun, but compared to PM1 & 2, it sucked a poop load of ass.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Quote from: Mystic on February 28, 2010, 10:52:55 PM
Disagree. New elements of SPM made it awesome.

That game took everything that made Paper Mario amazing and completely poop on it.

Mystic

Triforceman22

Quote from: Mystic on March 01, 2010, 07:45:15 AM
Like what?

The RPGness for one thing.

the turn-based battles, the badges, the much better replay value.
Those are somethings that vaguely appear/don't appear in SPM.
making it crap compared to PM 1 and 2.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Thirdkoopa

Discussing Paper Mario 4; It's actually semi-confirmed, just no idea what combat system it would be. I darn well hope they go with the RPG style

Like what?
since you asked I'll be glad to list : ) (without just blantingly saying "it's not an rpg")

-The battle system is downright terrible for a platformer/adventure/whatever. It's practically made to either be abused or just run away from anything. (seriously people have fully beaten this game on level 6) this is pretty bad considering Paper Mario/TTYD were some of the best darned balanced RPG's ever.

-To add onto that the overall length of the game was pretty terrible. It's replay value or even playability again is terribly.

-The character cast was insanely soulless. Instead of breeding us with 1 silent protaginist only, we get 4. now that isn't a bad thing if the rest of the cast can make up for it but we have tippi who moans the obvious, mostly filler villains made to be a rival to another villain, a bunch of pixl's, and horrible one time chapter characters (Seriously, are any of these people as interesting as Pennington, Doopliss, Herringway, Gus, etc?) who are all squares. did I mention it hardly gives a poop for having paper mario characters as enemies and instead has more squares?

-It took out most of the unique aspects of the series. Where's one battle where you needed timing? Or how about having to equip through badges? The only unique aspect still left is Partners and even that was ripped.

-plot was "see how much we can rip off from other games and have the most cheesy and pointless ending ever".

Leading us to a game that hardly had much in it's overall view, mediocre at best platforming, insanely broken system, and took out most things that established the series. Sure it has a great soundtrack and some nice controls but the other mario rpg's do that as well.

Zero

Like what?

Have you even played the first two games? It's blatantly obvious.

No Paper Mario fan wanted a Mario sidescroller instead of an RPG. SPM is NOT an RPG.

Mystic

Quote from: Zero on March 01, 2010, 06:07:42 PM

No Paper Mario fan wanted a Mario sidescroller instead of an RPG. SPM is NOT an RPG.
Yes I did play them. And I know that SPM is not a RPG. That made it fun.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Zero on March 01, 2010, 06:07:42 PM

To be fair, very few people said they would like some more levels like the Bowser missions in TTYD

But really those weren't fun for being a platformer. I found those moreso fun on being able to ram the poop out of everything.

Zero

...but those levels weren't all that great. They lasted 5 minutes at the most and were composed of you just blasting your way through with firebreath.

The RPGness of Paper Mario is why people love the series.

Captain Justice

The only good part about SPM was the music, otherwise it was a disgrace to the series.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?