News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Sneaky Bastards

Started by Zero, January 22, 2010, 11:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Game developers always do sneaky things when it comes to music in their game franchise's sequels. Just for example:

I decided to beat Mega Man X6 again today, and low and behold, the boss theme that plays for Sigma's second form is a remixed version of the theme that plays during the first battle with Sigma in Mega Man X. Now I don't mind personally, it brings some nostalgia into play and makes the battle seem more epic.

Anyone notice anything like this in other games?

Nayrman

the entire X5 castle is pretty much a giant that.
Including: copying Quickman's stage, copying Sigma 1 from Megaman X1, the Black Devil complete with Wily boss music from Megaman 1, and two themes from Megaman X during the first two forms of Sigma's boss.

And X6 SUCKS BALLS WHY DO YOU PLAY IT!?

SkyMyl

Quote from: Nayrman on January 22, 2010, 03:26:15 PM
If X6 didn't have the Nightmare system, it would've been decent. But no, it had the Nightmare system, a intercourse load of bottomless pits, and a intercourse load of spikes. Had a pretty kickass soundtrack, though.

Also, X6's Final Boss theme has some of X2's Sigma 1st in it. Compare all three below.

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on January 22, 2010, 03:26:15 PM
the entire X5 castle is pretty much a giant that.
Including: copying Quickman's stage, copying Sigma 1 from Megaman X1, the Black Devil complete with Wily boss music from Megaman 1, and two themes from Megaman X during the first two forms of Sigma's boss.

I agree, it sucks mostly because of the nightmare system and a lot of the level design is rehashed. However, the music for a lot of the stages is awesome and I like to see how much I improve with each playthrough on pretty much every MM game. That sums up why I decided to play through it again. Gate's a challenging boss fight, and being a Mega Man fan I love it when I'm pushed to my limits. I still have some achievements in MM9 to get before MM10 comes out, actually. lol what fun

To me, the only X game that's even remotely unplayable is X7. X1-X4 kick ass, X5 is okay, X6 is meh, X7 is terrible, and X8 is okay. Command Mission was a lot of fun too, as long as you're not comparing it to say, Final Fantasy IX or something. Inufune mentioned something in a Dead Rising 2 interview that he wants to continue the series, so I hope he gets the green light to do so. The Zero series talked about the Elf Wars and all that and I'd like to intercourse ing see it already. It's been 5 years since the last X game for crying out loud.