News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Wanted: N64 games

Started by Zero, April 27, 2010, 08:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Bought an N64 for 20 bucks refurbished at Play n Trade. I also got Paper Mario because its well...Paper Mario.

I have to say that it feels good to own one of these again. I still regret trading my old one in, but what's done is done.

Which brings me to this: What's a good site to buy N64 games from? I know of Amazon, but I'm not sure if Amazon is trustworthy. So I'd like some recommendations.

I currently have:

Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Paper Mario
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Puzzle League
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Fighting Force 64
Super Smash Bros.
Rayman 2
LoZ: Majora's Mask
LoZ: Ocarina of Time
Rocket: Robot on Wheels
Mario Tennis
Mario Party 3
Blast Corps
Jet Force Gemini
Kirby The Crystal Shards
Donkey Kong 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Mickey Speedway USA
Bomberman Hero
Bomberman 64
Bomberman 64 2 The Second Attack
Yoshi's Story
NFL Blitz
Perfect Dark
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Currently I want:

Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mario Golf
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Goemon's Great Adventure
Quest 64
Chameleon Twist
Chameleon Twist 2
Harvest Moon 64
Ogre Battle 64
Earthworm Jim 3D

Hopefully I get these in good condition and for reasonable prices with or without the boxes.

The Riddler

I can get you two controllers, a memory card (or two), and Pokemon Snap.

jjgames.com is a good place, albeit some things are overpriced. Add up to 25 dollars worth of games and theyll ship it free.

Thirdkoopa

Conker's Bad Fur Day needs to be on there due to the amazing contained in it even if you have Live & Reloaded. Amazon's pretty trustworthy to my experience. You could also try craigslist but if you're worried about risks...
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Shujinco2

Where is your Goldeneye? :o

Also, no, not that I know of.

Zero

I already have Goldeneye lying around here somewhere or its lent out to a friend or something. I just know that it was like the only thing N64 related that I didn't trade in back when I got my Gamecube and PS2. If I ever want it back I can just hit my friend up for it.

Yeah jjgames has some stuff that's pretty overpriced. I'm getting Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 from a friend soon for 10 each which is a pretty good deal though, so thats two games down.

I suppose Amazon and Play N Trade are my only hope for these games.

As far as Amazon goes how should I know which item to buy? There are tons of each game I want for sale but all at varying prices and from different sellers. I suppose this is where the seller's review rating comes in? This is why I wanted a straight-up site I guess. Never really ordered from Amazon before so obviously I'm a bit skeptical. Play-Asia and retailer sites are where I usually got my games online from but obviously I can't do that in this situation.

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on April 28, 2010, 09:27:30 PM
I already have Goldeneye lying around here somewhere or its lent out to a friend or something. I just know that it was like the only thing N64 related that I didn't trade in back when I got my Gamecube and PS2. If I ever want it back I can just hit my friend up for it.

Yeah jjgames has some stuff that's pretty overpriced. I'm getting Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 from a friend soon for 10 each which is a pretty good deal though, so thats two games down.

I suppose Amazon and Play N Trade are my only hope for these games.

As far as Amazon goes how should I know which item to buy? There are tons of each game I want for sale but all at varying prices and from different sellers. I suppose this is where the seller's review rating comes in? This is why I wanted a straight-up site I guess. Never really ordered from Amazon before so obviously I'm a bit skeptical. Play-Asia and retailer sites are where I usually got my games online from but obviously I can't do that in this situation.
Play-N-Trade is a HUGE no, do not do it. They are enormously overpriced in legacy gaming.

Also, psssst.Ihavetwoextracontrollersamemorycardandpokemonsnapjustgivemeanofferandi'llship.

Zero

Yeah I guess I'd be paying for convenience mostly. They do have some stuff that IS cheaper than online sources though.

Well how about 25 or so? I'm not quite sure on Snap's worth tbh.

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on April 28, 2010, 09:40:11 PM
Yeah I guess I'd be paying for convenience mostly. They do have some stuff that IS cheaper than online sources though.

Well how about 25 or so? I'm not quite sure on Snap's worth tbh.
The controllers tend to be expensive ;_;

I'll give you Pokemon Snap for 7 bucks, the memory card for 5, and the controllers 15 bucks each?

The controllers I usually do like 20 dollars with.
I've also got San Fransisco Rush.

Zero

I actually just bought Snap for 5, Stadium 1 and 2 for 8 each(I haggled a bit), Rayman 2 for 2 bucks, and Super Smash Bros for 10 bucks. I also got a controller off the guy for nothing.

What I really want now is DK64 and an Expansion pak, but I don't feel like buying the ones Play N Trade has because of how they can't be covered up with the black plastic top.

Zero

Just scored a Majora's Mask collector's edition for 10 bucks.

I'm trying to find the Bomberman and Goemon games now

Zero

Just got Ocarina of Time, Blast Corps, Mario Party 3, Mario Tennis, and Rocket: Robot on Wheels. All for about 30  bucks at Play N Trade and Gamer's Choice. Play N Trade even gave me Mario Party 3 for free after I was like "nah i should only buy one". It definitely worked.

Zero

Ordered the three bomberman games. Should arrive soon.

Anyone have any suggestions for games I should get?

Keeta

Perfect Dark, if you don't already have it on 360
Majora's Mask Single Segment: 2:04

Other things to brag about: none

Kaz

Why would you want Quest 64? It sucks.

Why don't you have Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie already? You silly thing.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Zero

Quote from: Kaz on May 16, 2010, 02:23:35 AM
Why would you want Quest 64? It sucks.

Why don't you have Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie already? You silly thing.

Never played it once in my life. I've heard from most people that the gameplay isn't terrible, it's the plot that's terrible. Still, it's probably worth the $1.16 cents on amazon I could get it for.

As for the Banjo games I have both on my 360. I'd probably only get them if I was offered an insane deal for them, which probably won't happen.

@Keeta: Yeah I plan on buying that soon.