News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

If someone had to be removed...

Started by Neerb, May 16, 2010, 10:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornwad

ROB was essentially the reason Americans bought the NES after the video game crash.

Zero

ROB probably isn't going anywhere. Granted, I'd rather have another character in instead, but being that Nintendo feels the need to put him in pretty much every one of their multiplayer games I doubt we'll stop seeing him any time soon.

Nayrman

Quote from: Cornwad on June 10, 2010, 07:59:11 PM
ROB was essentially the reason Americans bought the NES after the video game crash.

He was essentially a marketing gimmick. I think Nintendo realized early on that ROB was a piece of crap in terms of functionality.
Yes, he served his purpose in getting people to buy a "toy" and not a "videogame".

But with only two (really bad) games to his credit, and the fact that like most NES peripherals that weren't basic controllers, he was a terrible piece of crap that rarely, if ever, worked. WHY Nintendo wants to remember that is beyond me. It'd be like making the Virtual Boy or Power Glove an item...

The Riddler

Quote from: Nayrman on June 11, 2010, 06:10:03 AM
He was essentially a marketing gimmick. I think Nintendo realized early on that ROB was a piece of crap in terms of functionality.
Yes, he served his purpose in getting people to buy a "toy" and not a "videogame".

But with only two (really bad) games to his credit, and the fact that like most NES peripherals that weren't basic controllers, he was a terrible piece of crap that rarely, if ever, worked. WHY Nintendo wants to remember that is beyond me. It'd be like making the Virtual Boy or Power Glove an item...
Power Glove being an item would be amazing.

I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Cornwad on June 10, 2010, 07:59:11 PM
Sorry, but the NES did that by itself.

ROB is pretty historic though. Though he was crap, he was the essential start of video game accessories, which are incredibly important now days.

Cornwad

Nah,
Quote from: Barbaloot on June 11, 2010, 03:11:29 PM
Sorry, but the NES did that by itself.

Nah, like Nayrman said, he tricked people into buying a videogame in a time that nobody wanted to buy videogames. Once people bought the system and realized that it had awesome games they kept it, but ROB got people interested again.

tibar21

oh come on. i thought rob was cool. hes definately different from the rest of the roster.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Allegory

I like rob as well, he is just a different type of character.

JrDude

Quote from: Nik on June 11, 2010, 04:15:03 PM
oh come on. i thought rob was cool. hes definately different from the rest of the roster.
Quote from: Allegory on June 11, 2010, 11:15:38 PM
I like rob as well, he is just a different type of character.

This is why I believe they put R.O.B. in. They aren't trying to remind people of it's poopty past, they're trying re-create his image and give him a good future.
I wouldn't be surprised if they made a game especially for him on the Wii, by that I mean he'd actually be in it, not as an accessory.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 12, 2010, 12:03:04 AM
This is why I believe they put R.O.B. in. They aren't trying to remind people of it's poopty past, they're trying re-create his image and give him a good future.
I wouldn't be surprised if they made a game especially for him on the Wii, by that I mean he'd actually be in it, not as an accessory.

After Mario Kart DS, I'd like him to simply become a new Mario character.  :)

tollhouse2006

Um I'd say Rob only because he is the least significant.  if any characters should go it should be sonic and snake.  but only if they need to drop two.  snake and sonic actually balance the third parties out in brawl.  you got a cocky, dimwitted hedgehog and a grown man in tights who uses realistic weapons and has a four o' clock shadow.  without one the other would stand out from the rest.   
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi