News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

The Guitar Hero 6/Rock Band 3 thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, May 17, 2010, 10:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

'Fantasy' Theme is pretty vague but you guys saying MCR doesn't fit into the setlist is rather odd. The song has a solo, and for that matter, a good part for every other instrument. It's kinda the sour thumb, but not by that far

Especially compared to these new announcements! (I'll edit the source page later)

Anthrax – "Indians"
Avenged Sevenfold – "Bat Country"
Dire Straits – "Money For Nothing"
Drowning Pool – "Bodies"
Fall Out Boy – "Dance, Dance"
Foo Fighters – "No Way Back"
Foreigner – "Feels Like The First Time"
The Hives – "Tick Tick Boom"
Linkin Park – "Bleed It Out"
Night Ranger – " (You Can Still) Rock In America"
Nine Inch Nails – "Wish"
The Offspring – "Self Esteem"
The Rolling Stones – "Stray Cat Blues"
Slipknot – "Psychosocial"
Stone Temple Pilots – "Interstate Love Song"

intercourse  yeah.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Eizweir

Ok, I lost most of my hype for this one =/
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Xephyre on June 04, 2010, 02:40:01 PM
Ok, I lost most of my hype for this one =/
how the intercourse  did you lose your hype almost all the choices on that were amazing asides from Linkin Park and FOB...But to be fair we've had those on main setlists before. And the choices are easily the best from those two bands.

edit: I'm more questioning the "More" btw since most of this has followed the trait we've had so far in this list.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

RX-78-2

Why are y'all hatin' on My Chemical Romance, Linkin Park, Fall Out Boy, and some other bands? They're all awesome and would be great for this game. Admittedly, I haven't heard too much of LP or FOB, but what I have heard is good, and I've heard all of MCR's albums--which are great.

Anyway, I'm just hoping for some non-mainstream and/or pre-2003 AFI songs (probably for DLC). The ones already in the series are awesome, but they're just the singles from the albums and none of their hardcore punk stuff. "Dancing Through Sunday" is a great start, but I'd really like something off of The Art of Drowning or Black Sails in the Sunset (both great albums). That would be awesome to play.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

CommanderFlint

Quote from: Xephyre on June 02, 2010, 03:32:18 PM
If GH6 has some Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, KAMELOT, Rhapsody...

They could really pull off the 'fantasy' theme well if they chose the right music >_>
They trying to create enviroments based on different genres of hardrock as they did with Brutal Legend. ALA knights and wizards for power metal and chains and BDSM for industrial metal. Or atleast I hope so....

The soundtrack got a bit more badass which is good to see. (Rammstein! The big four of thrash!  Slipknot!). I hope it throws off MCR and Fallout Boy (ughhh.)

RX-78-2

Quote from: CommanderFlint on June 04, 2010, 08:14:31 PM
I hope it throws off MCR and Fallout Boy (ughhh.)
You tryin' ta' start somthin'? "jk" lol

Anyway...

They trying to create enviroments based on different genres of hardrock as they did with Brutal Legend. ALA knights and wizards for power metal and chains and BDSM for industrial metal. Or atleast I hope so....
They'd better put some brutal death metal and black metal in it. I'd love to see what stages they come up with.

Also, psychedelic and acid rock need a drug room that gets "trippy" similar to what Harmonix did in RB2 and The Beatles: RB with the background effects. That was awesome.

Thirdkoopa

Rock Band 3 truly announced.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2010-06-10-rockband10_ST_N.htm

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/06/rock-band-3-the-songs-announced-so-far-/1

There's 10 less songs on this, however the setlist is off to a strong start. Not as strong as GH's yet, but it's for sure somewhere.

also lol repeats and "intercourse  you guys for putting In The Meantime I intercourse ing hated that song in GH:5".

Confirmed Songs [22/83]
Metric - Combat Baby
Them Crooked Vultures - Dead End Friends
The Vines - Get Free
Phoenix - Lasso
Juanes - Me Enamora
Ida Maria - Oh My God
Rilo Kiley - Portions for Foxes
The Whites Stripes - The Hardest Button to Button
Jane's Addiction - Been Caught Stealing
Spacehog - In the Meantime
Stone Temple Pilots - Plush
Smash Mouth - Walkin' on the Sun
Ozzy Osborne - Crazy Train
Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
Joan Jett - I Love Rock and Roll
The Cure - Just Like Heaven
Dio - Rainbow in the Dark
Huey Lewis and the News - The Power of Love
Night Ranger - Sister Christian
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
The Doors - Break on Through
Jimi Hendrix - Crosstown Traffic

Very excited for both RB3 and GH6/WoR now.

Zacoftheaxes

The soundtrack got a bit more badass which is good to see. (Rammstein! The big four of thrash!  Slipknot!). I hope it throws off MCR and Fallout Boy (ughhh.)

They said it's going to include 100% fictional characters (Although Dave Mustaine was given a chance to appear.), so I'm guessing it's going to dig very deeply into it's fictional setting, I'm hoping for some Lovecraftian influence and some Sci-Fi influence.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Zacoftheaxes on June 11, 2010, 07:02:32 PM
They said it's going to include 100% fictional characters (Although Dave Mustaine was given a chance to appear.), so I'm guessing it's going to dig very deeply into it's fictional setting, I'm hoping for some Lovecraftian influence and some Sci-Fi influence.
HOLY PISS IF THEY PUT DAVE MUSTAINE IN...  8) =O

Also, I may not know much of Lovecraft's work (I'm very interested, though) but if they put Cthulhu in that would be supremely awesome. Some sci-fi work would be great as well.

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on June 10, 2010, 09:07:20 AM
also lol repeats and "intercourse  you guys for putting In The Meantime I intercourse ing hated that song in GH:5".
What the heck? I love "In the Meantime." In fact, I like that song so much that I've been wanting to hear more of that band ever since I first heard it.

I don't know many of the other songs for RB3, though I'm still excited; the bands are good. I must say that I'm a bit more excited about GH:WoR, however.

_GanonMetroid_

Hey guys just wanted to let you know that I got my hands on the GH6 setlist. There are 93 tracks, but only 87 actual songs. One of them is split up into parts.

Super

Rock Band 3 wins already.

If you deny this, you are wrong.

So_So_Man

Quote from: Super on June 13, 2010, 09:12:10 PM

this.  Why? Pro-mode

RX-78-2

Quote from: Super on June 13, 2010, 09:12:10 PM

GH:WoR wins.

Opinions are neither right nor wrong.

_GanonMetroid_

Quote from: RX-78-2 on June 14, 2010, 08:31:22 PM
GH:WoR wins.

Opinions are neither right nor wrong.
Unless your opinion is this, because this opinion is wrong.

_GanonMetroid_

Confirmed.