News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

The Guitar Hero 6/Rock Band 3 thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, May 17, 2010, 10:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RX-78-2

Quote from: _GanonMetroid_ on June 14, 2010, 08:46:27 PM
Unless your opinion is this, because this opinion is wrong.
My opinion is not wrong, nor is it right. My opinion is that GH:WoR will be a good game. Is there something unacceptable with that? To tell you the truth, I'm not even sure that what you said made sense... :|
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

NiMa74

Since the IONs will be compatible with PRO Drums...well, this is gonna be really darn fun. Hope the cymbals don't overhit 500 times a song in RB3...

_GanonMetroid_

Quote from: RX-78-2 on June 16, 2010, 06:19:20 PM
My opinion is not wrong, nor is it right. My opinion is that GH:WoR will be a good game. Is there something unacceptable with that? To tell you the truth, I'm not even sure that what you said made sense... :|
It makes perfect sense. You said WoR would be better than Rock Band 3, which is clearly the wrong opinion to have. What's so hard to understand here?

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: _GanonMetroid_ on June 16, 2010, 08:23:10 PM
It makes perfect sense. You said WoR would be better than Rock Band 3, which is clearly the wrong opinion to have. What's so hard to understand here?
Because both games will be intercourse ing amazing and exactly what they should've done in 2009 but didn't?
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

RX-78-2

Quote from: _GanonMetroid_ on June 16, 2010, 08:23:10 PM
You're misquoting me. I merely said that GH:WoR would be an excellent game as a response to the thought that it would be inferior to RB3 in the sense that the games were being compared. It is most definitely not the wrong opinion to have as--as I have said--opinions cannot be wrong (nor can they be right). Maybe you mean to say that it's an unpopular opinion? That would be a more reasonable statement.

_GanonMetroid_

Quote from: RX-78-2 on June 16, 2010, 09:24:02 PM
You're misquoting me. I merely said that GH:WoR would be an excellent game as a response to the thought that it would be inferior to RB3 in the sense that the games were being compared. It is most definitely not the wrong opinion to have as--as I have said--opinions cannot be wrong (nor can they be right). Maybe you mean to say that it's an unpopular opinion? That would be a more reasonable statement.
Sorry, when you said "GHWoR wins," I assumed you meant against Rock Band 3, since that was the context of the previous statement which was inverse.

And Rock Band 3 will be better. This is a factual opinion.

Super

Anyone who thinks GH:WoR will be awesome gets banned.

Silverhawk79

RX-78-2

Quote from: _GanonMetroid_ on June 16, 2010, 11:41:23 PM
Sorry, when you said "GHWoR wins," I assumed you meant against Rock Band 3, since that was the context of the previous statement which was inverse.

And Rock Band 3 will be better. This is a factual opinion.
Sorry about that, it was vague on my part.

There's no such thing as a factual opinion though. Facts and opinions are--in this context--opposites. A fact is a proven statement. An opinion is a personal belief. Please tell me how you think an opinion can be proved or factual.

Quote from: Super on June 17, 2010, 01:45:41 AM
Anyone who thinks GH:WoR will be awesome gets banned.
You can't ban anyone for voicing their opinion; if you can, then I'll be sure to take it up with the rest of the staff.

_GanonMetroid_

Quote from: RX-78-2 on June 17, 2010, 02:20:47 PM
Sorry about that, it was vague on my part.

There's no such thing as a factual opinion though. Facts and opinions are--in this context--opposites. A fact is a proven statement. An opinion is a personal belief. Please tell me how you think an opinion can be proved or factual.
Because it's a fact that Rock Band 3 will be better, and it also happens to be my opinion. Thus, factual opinion.

NiMa74

GH6 is just more of the same. It's really no change from GH5 besides the setlist, except for some random stupid gimmicks. RB3 actually TRIES to mix everything up a bit while retaining the awesome of the first two games without boring us with the EXACT SAME THING. Also, it tries to advance the series and the players further. What is GH6 doing? OMG POWERUPS FOR BIGGER SCORES!

RX-78-2

Quote from: _GanonMetroid_ on June 17, 2010, 04:56:59 PM
Because it's a fact that Rock Band 3 will be better, and it also happens to be my opinion. Thus, factual opinion.
It's not a fact that RB3 will be better; the game didn't even come out yet. Even if it was out now, you still couldn't prove that it's better. For instance, I like GH's circle-shaped notes more than RB's rectangle-shaped notes. That is my opinion, though I can't prove that GH's circle-shaped notes are better for everyone than RB's rectangle-shaped notes just as you can't prove that RB3 is or will be better for everyone than GH:WoR.

So, do you at least acknowledge the concept of a fact as a proven statement? As of now, this is my only question to you, and it's a "yes or no" question; please answer with one word--no other words are needed or relevant.

I have a hunch that you're just busting my chops. In other words, I think (or rather, I've thought that) you might be a troll. You can be sure that I'll return the favor.

Java

I must say, I'm really looking forward to the Keyboard on Rock Band 3.
It'll probably bring back memories from the piano-playing days.

Kayo

I'll be getting Guitar Hero 6. I don't have a lot of money, so I won't be getting any of the controllers or anything (Well, I already have 3 guitars, a microphone, and a drumset) ...because I really wanna sing Bleed It Out. If they wanna put some Linkin Park in Guitar Hero they can at least choose some songs where the guitar part is.. well, interesting. Like something from their first two albums plzkthx.

...because some of those songs would be seriously fun to play, like Place For My Head and a few others.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

2-D

Quote from: Councillor Velarn on May 18, 2010, 11:33:54 AM

Bohemian Rhapsody is a good song but won't chart well. I gave up on GH a long time ago, looks like this won't give me any reason to change my mind.

I think it'll be awesome :O

I originally was a fan of GH until I played Rock Band...never touched Guitar Hero since then lol