News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Started by Zero, June 05, 2010, 09:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornwad

We've got Sent and Hsien-Ko confirmed.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-27-sentinel-hsien-ko-confirmed-for-mvc3

Personally Hsien-Ko annoys me, but I'm excited for Sentinel.

Nayrman

Hsien-Ko sounds like her english voice is the one who voiced Taokaka in BlazBlue

Shujinco2

Oh god Sentinal.

ROCKET PUNCH ROCKET PUNCH ROCKET PUNCH

LOL ROCKET PUNCH -> NORMAL LASER BEAM -> SPECIAL INFINITE

I hope this game isn't as intercourse ed up as MvC2 was...

Cornwad

Quote from: Tiger Barb on January 27, 2011, 03:10:36 PM
Oh god Sentinal.

ROCKET PUNCH ROCKET PUNCH ROCKET PUNCH

LOL ROCKET PUNCH -> NORMAL LASER BEAM -> SPECIAL INFINITE

I hope this game isn't as intercourse ed up as MvC2 was...
No.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Cornwad on January 27, 2011, 03:15:22 PM
No.
You only say that because  that's probably the only way you play... or possibly, you don't even know it's like that.

That game was so broken, it's unbelievable. If this game is the same, Capcom is not getting my money.

Cornwad

Quote from: Tiger Barb on January 27, 2011, 03:23:46 PM
You only say that because  that's probably the only way you play... or possibly, you don't even know it's like that.

That game was so broken, it's unbelievable. If this game is the same, Capcom is not getting my money.
The 'No' was mostly because you sound exactly like all the 10 years olds on Capcom-Unity crying that Mega Man isn't in the game, and I didn't feel like going through that again. Please stop.

Qsmash

YESSS. Both of my DS mains made it.

50Sent returning mite b cool

I KNOW he isn't going to be much like MvC2 incarnation.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Qsmash on January 27, 2011, 04:37:11 PM
I KNOW he isn't going to be much like MvC2 incarnation.
Thank god. Infinites with his special? Fuck that.

In the meantime, I'm currently missing my anti-combo: Servbot. It was so fun watching people set up an infinite, only to have it trounced by Servbot's small size.

Quote from: Cornwad on January 27, 2011, 03:27:26 PM
The 'No' was mostly because you sound exactly like all the 10 years olds on Capcom-Unity crying that Mega Man isn't in the game, and I didn't feel like going through that again. Please stop.
I really don't give a poop about Megaman. Never used him, most likely never will. (We'll see though)

I was simply complaining that almost half the roster of MvC2 has either 1 or more infinites, or a spam with an obnoxiously high success rate. (See: Iceman, who I also don't want to see in here.)

Cornwad

QuoteIn the meantime, I'm currently missing my anti-combo: Servbot. It was so fun watching people set up an infinite, only to have it trounced by Servbot's small size.
I was simply complaining that almost half the roster of MvC2 has either 1 or more infinites, or a spam with an obnoxiously high success rate. (See: Iceman, who I also don't want to see in here.)

The point I was getting at is you sound like a person who complains a lot about a game that you probably never even played for more than a few minutes in the first place. Did you know that more or less the entire roster in MvC2 has an infinite on Sentinel? Including Servbot? And of course that wouldn't carry over into MvC3, a look at any one of the trailers would tell you that. You realize this is a new game right? Nobody cares if you don't buy it anyway, in fact I think we'd all be better off. You sound like some one who would QQuit when going up against someone like MODOK or Arthur.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Cornwad on January 28, 2011, 01:21:12 PM
The point I was getting at is you sound like a person who complains a lot about a game that you probably never even played for more than a few minutes in the first place. Did you know that more or less the entire roster in MvC2 has an infinite on Sentinel? Including Servbot? And of course that wouldn't carry over into MvC3, a look at any one of the trailers would tell you that. You realize this is a new game right? Nobody cares if you don't buy it anyway, in fact I think we'd all be better off. You sound like some one who would QQuit when going up against someone like MODOK or Arthur.
So, now I'm a 10 year old because I don't like it when people abuse hit-stun to KO all 3 of my characters before I can even move? yeah ok... tel me something. HAVE YOU EVER EVEN PLAYED A REAL FIGHTING GAME? No? Cause it seems to me the only reason you even like this game is because 'lol I can spam Iceman and never take any block damage."

I have played this game before. I've played it for years. We have one in our arcade. And it's always been the same: Spam or infinite so you can win. that's all this game is about. It's all it ever was about. If you infinite first, you win. No sweat.

This newest game looks a LOT better. But honestly: I hate how you can just switch characters and imediatly start comboing. This means that, if your comboing somebody, and intercourse  up, well then, switch characters and START ALL OVER! Also, in those trailers, I've already seen Sentinal comboing WITH HIS SPECIALS! Two in a row, could decimate hit points.

i will say though, this game is generally MUCH better than MvC2 was in terms of actually being a decent, ACTUAL fighting game. i wish they had a counter system like they do in Budokai 3 though...

Cornwad

Quote from: Tiger Barb on January 28, 2011, 03:57:58 PM
So, now I'm a 10 year old because I don't like it when people abuse hit-stun to KO all 3 of my characters before I can even move? yeah ok... tel me something. HAVE YOU EVER EVEN PLAYED A REAL FIGHTING GAME? No? Cause it seems to me the only reason you even like this game is because 'lol I can spam Iceman and never take any block damage."

I have played this game before. I've played it for years. We have one in our arcade. And it's always been the same: Spam or infinite so you can win. that's all this game is about. It's all it ever was about. If you infinite first, you win. No sweat.

This newest game looks a LOT better. But honestly: I hate how you can just switch characters and imediatly start comboing. This means that, if your comboing somebody, and intercourse  up, well then, switch characters and START ALL OVER! Also, in those trailers, I've already seen Sentinal comboing WITH HIS SPECIALS! Two in a row, could decimate hit points.

i will say though, this game is generally MUCH better than MvC2 was in terms of actually being a decent, ACTUAL fighting game. i wish they had a counter system like they do in Budokai 3 though...
No, you can't turn my question against me. I have a feeling you never have played this outside of with one or two friends, and I am positive that you have not played it for years. If you hate combos, please don't by this game. Please. Maybe you would have more fun playing a game like Smash Bros? Or maybe you need a wahmbulance? Wait. I just got to the part where you mentioned a Dragon Ball Z game being better. Never mind. This is a waste of a conversation. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Everything about your post is wrong, and I have better things to do than deal with your ignorance. Call me when you at least get to high school, then maybe we can have this talk again.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Cornwad on January 28, 2011, 04:26:54 PM
No, you can't turn my question against me. I have a feeling you never have played this outside of with one or two friends, and I am positive that you have not played it for years. If you hate combos, please don't by this game. Please. Maybe you would have more fun playing a game like Smash Bros? Or maybe you need a wahmbulance? Wait. I just got to the part where you mentioned a Dragon Ball Z game being better. Never mind. This is a waste of a conversation. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Everything about your post is wrong, and I have better things to do than deal with your ignorance. Call me when you at least get to high school, then maybe we can have this talk again.
It's obvious your opinion is faulty. Budokai 3 IS the best fighting game. Why? Because you can't just abuse combos like it's easy poop. You actually have to apply SKILL! (Cause skill is what non-losers use.) I don't HAVE to use intercourse ing Piccolo (top tier) because I can actually get good with other characters (Saibamen, low tier, Kid Goku, mid tier, Majin and Super Buu, mid-top tier)

MvC2 is all about: Guile, Magneto, Sentinal, Storm, Psylocke, Cable and Iceman. If you don't play with them, you lose. Automatically. Because you will never get a chance to hit them more than once before you're stuck in an infinite.

I have no problem's against legit combos. What I have a problem with is the high-success, low-risk, easily-spammed, insane damage, never ending combos, (Which MvC2 was filled to the brim with.) because these are spammed, countless times, over and over, to achieve easy victories. I have seen this. I have been victim to this. When you get infinited by Ruby Heart, that's pretty much as bad as it can get.

And how the intercourse  can you say I've never even played this game. I have played this game since our arcade got it (which was maybe a year after the initial release) up until just an hour ago. (I have it on 360.)

Let me ask: who did YOU play as in MvC2? Magneto, Storm and Psylocke, perhaps? Or maybe you sat there and spammed Venom's quarter-circle forward attack? Maybe you sat up in the air and a Dr. Doom projectile spam? Or you might have just used Cable's Special semi-infinite? Sounds like something you'd do...

Zero

I'm not sure how you couldn't have noticed this yet...but, Marvel Vs Capcom 3 is actually more akin to Tatsunoko vs Capcom in terms of mechanics and what not. I highly doubt its going to be as "broken" as you think MvC2 is. Not many fighting games are "unbroken", seeing as your definition of "broken" seems to be based solely on tier lists and specific infinite combos. Do you think Brawl is balanced(though its not a trad. fighter)? What about Street Fighter 3? 2? KoF 98? I can't think of a single fighting game that is not "unbroken" by your definition. As much as I love Budokai 3, it isn't a "balanced" fighter like you claim it to be. At least in the sense that you seem to be comparing it to traditional fighters, which is something it is not. Budokai 3 is a good fighter, I'm not debating its quality. It just isn't exactly comparable to the games I mentioned earlier or MvC3. Think about it. How do you perform a special move in Budokai 3? ->E or PPKKE or PPPKKKE, etc. You're extremely limited in the combos you're able to perform, whereas in traditional fighters you're far more free to chain different moves together, and that's how these infinites are discovered. I'm scratching the surface here out of sheer laziness, but I could go on. There really isn't much point though.

So basically it comes down to this: You prefer restricted fighters and that's that. And that's fine.

Rushing to judge the game is pointless, but seeing as you're rushing to judge Cornwad's playstyle in fighting games I'd say this is something you do quite often. Chill out.

So I suppose I'm just going to point out that from what people who have played the game(pro and semi-pro MvC2 players, mind you) have said, MvC3 is much more balanced(infinites wise) than MvC2. This is all just what I've personally heard, so its not like this information is 100% legitimate, still, you should consider it. After all, most of the leaked information for this game has turned out to be true.

Anyway, so apparently we're getting more DLC characters. Sweet.

Cornwad

I think there's definitely 2 more DLC characters other than Shuma/Jill coming, and based on the arrangement of the character select screen and popular choices I have my money on Strider and Psylocke, but who knows who they actually are. I wouldn't be surprised by more DLC after that though.
Also, Mango Sentinel is in the game.

Here's the select screen by the way. Notice how Jill fits right in the spot next to the other RE characters and Shuma fits right in next to the weird Marvel villains like Dorm and MODOK. There's also a spot next to the Darkstalkers/Old 2D Sidescrollers and the Hulks/X-Men.

Magnum

I like how some of the people match up there if you mirror it.

Arthur vs. She-Hulk
Trombone vs. MODOK
and my favorite
Amaterasu vs. Magneto

IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!!

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change