News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Started by Zero, June 05, 2010, 09:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shujinco2

That seems kind of empty. Is that the whole thing? I hope not.

Cornwad

That's the whole thing. Less characters allows them to have a better chance at balancing, avoiding that broken thing you won't stop complaining about. Pick one or the other.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Cornwad on January 31, 2011, 07:24:56 PM
That's the whole thing. Less characters allows them to have a better chance at balancing, avoiding that broken thing you won't stop complaining about. Pick one or the other.
Nah. You can have both. The only reason MvC2 was so bad was because of the MASSIVE amounts of untreated glitches. If they had cleared the blatant ones, it wouldn't be so bad.

And Budokai 3 had a bunch of characters too. And that game is a very balanced one. Only two cheap things in the whole game: Hercule can't make anybody flinch, and Saibamen can OHKO Yamcha.

More characters CAN lead to unbalanced gameplay, but untreated exploits and glitches are the biggest cause of them.

Honestly, I wanted to see more characters... especially Ruby Heart and Servbot. And maybe an Anmigo I could get good with.

Cornwad

The reason the Dragon Ball games are balanced is because the game is more limited like Zero said, and there's not really a scene of people who care about it enough to devote their time to finding glitches and that kind of stuff. And how were they supposed to remove the glitches in MvC2? Most of the big things weren't found until years later. Most of the tricks that really made the game broken weren't blatant at all.  What this comes down to is you want to play as Servbot, which is essentially the Mega Man thing I was talking about earlier, but with Servbot. You're definitely on my ignore list now.

Magnum

GUYS! STOP ARGUING FOR ONE SECOND! WE'VE GOT BIGGER FISH TO FRY!!!!!!!

[spoiler]I'm not sure who my team should be and I need help. I'm having Chris for sure, but not sure on who else. I don't want to play M.O.D.O.K either, so he's out of the question.[/spoiler]

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Zero

Zero/Akuma/Spiderman is probably going to be my main team. Uh...for you Magnum...idk..game isn't out yet. Amaterasu looks fun to play though so go for it. Just play your favorites.

Also Strider would fit in the bottom left. Final Fight, Ghosts n Goblins, and Strider are really old franchises of Capcom's. Though, it could be anyone. It does pain me to see that Mega man isn't in, but hell we have Zero and by the looks of how he plays Capcom probably felt he was more than enough to represent Mega Man, lol.

So which version are you guys getting? Special or normal? What platform?

Special Edition 360 for me.

Cornwad

There are a lot of characters that look interesting, but when the game comes out I want to fool around with a keep-away team of MODOK/Arthur/Sent to see how much hate mail I can get. I also really want to try out Spidey and Haggar at some point. Joe and She-Hulk don't look bad either.

Oh, and I preordered the 360 SE from the Capcom store a few days ago. Ships Feb 10th and I get a Shuma shirt.

Shujinco2

It kind of sucks: almost all the characters I used are absent from the game. With the exception of Captain America, I'll have to relearn everything.

I think I am going to like Hsien-KO. She just looks awesome, and even has an anti-spam.

And of course I will attempt to master Deadpool... he's just too awesome to pass up.

Magnum

I'll try Chris, Dante, Arthur then, and move from there.

Also, PS3 Special. Now that I have a PS3, I won't be getting any fighters for 360.

Neerb

Well, none of my desired characters made it in, and I'm tight on cash, so I don't think I'll be getting this game soon. But, if I do get it, it will be for PS3, and my team will be Amaterasu, Zero, and perhaps Viewtiful Joe...

Magnum

Quote from: Neerb on February 01, 2011, 12:32:38 PM
Well, none of my desired characters made it in, and I'm tight on cash, so I don't think I'll be getting this game soon. But, if I do get it, it will be for PS3, and my team will be Amaterasu, Zero, and perhaps Viewtiful Joe...
Well I guess I'll be able to play with one person on here.

Neerb

Quote from: Magnum on February 01, 2011, 12:36:05 PM
Well I guess I'll be able to play with one person on here.

Again, I might not have it any time soon.

I DO, however, have MvC2 downloaded on my PS3, so I can play you on that if you have it...

Magnum

Quote from: Neerb on February 01, 2011, 12:38:57 PM
Again, I might not have it any time soon.

I DO, however, have MvC2 downloaded on my PS3, so I can play you on that if you have it...
Movie theatre has MvC2, so I never downloaded it when I could actually go play the arcade XD

Qsmash

The first team I'll try is Morrigan/Felicia/Akuma.

I really need to get a fightstick for this game.

Cornwad

Why would you play a fighting game on the PS3 over 360? The online is slower, it's harder to invite people to your games, and the d-pad is terrible. I play fighters on both 360 and PS3, but if I had to choose between the two its easy.