Main Menu

CONGLATURATIONS STARSHIP MARIO

Started by SkyMyl, June 04, 2010, 06:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

YOU'VE JUST RECEIVED YOUR FIRST TOPIC AS A CHILD BOARD TO NINTENDO
ISN'T THAT WONDERFUL?
I KNOW, RIGHT?

...but seriously, it's time to throw in a tacked on question to remove 90% of this topic getting locked. The subject matter today? Which Mario enemy do you think is the most badass thing in the series.? Off the top of your head, naturally. Because putting effort into thinking is for pussies.

For me, it's Boomerang Brothers. Why? Because the Boomerang Bros are in the family of Bros, and at first glance, are the weakest branch of the crash tested Koopa Bro family. That's natural when the other branches in the family tree include brothers who throw fire and pointed rocks tied to sticks. But the boomerang brothers kick ass. They know that the Mario Bros die in one hit from virtually anything, unless they have a Fire Flower or a Mushroom. While the Fire and Hammer Bros use weapons that actually seem life-threatening, the Boomerang Bros know that Mario dies in one hit, and that a boomerang is just as effective as a limited range hammer. Not only that, the boomerang actually returns after they throw it, enhancing its potential! The Boomerang Brothers are fully aware of the Mario Bros Weaknesses, and use a weapon that, at first glance, seems very non threatening compared to fire and hammers. And then you remember that anything enemies throw will hurt you.

Quote from: SkyMyl on June 04, 2010, 06:28:42 PM
Off the top of your head, naturally. Because putting effort into thinking is for pussies.
This means I'm a vagina-y for putting way too much thought into the Boomerang Brothers. Anyway, your turn. Overthink if you (read: TK) want to.

Macawmoses

I'd have to say Thwomps. Really, nothing's more menacing in terms of the top of my head. When I say that, I mean enemies that  regularly piss me off in mario kart.

Zero

Badassery in  Mario comes in the form of the Crystal King in Paper Mario

The Riddler

Badass? Still gonna have to say Chargin' Chuck. He's a football playing Koopa that throws footballs, baseballs, and rocks at you, and relentlessly tackles. Hell, you need three hits just to kill him.

Mystic

Quote from: Riddler on June 05, 2010, 06:52:46 AM
Hell, you need three hits just to kill him.
Like a boss.

Chargin' Chuck wins.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Riddler on June 05, 2010, 06:52:46 AM
Badass? Still gonna have to say Chargin' Chuck. He's a football playing Koopa that throws footballs, baseballs, and rocks at you, and relentlessly tackles. Hell, you need three hits just to kill him.
How the intercourse  could I forget Chargin' Chuck?

Macawmoses

Because he's not that good :|

Get back to me when we've had a mario football game.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Tito on June 08, 2010, 10:34:50 PM
I gave up on that after five years.

...unless that's Nintendo's "big reveal" at E3 '10.

Java

Quote from: Tito on June 08, 2010, 10:34:50 PM
Because he's not that good :|

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Lotos

Quote from: Java on June 09, 2010, 12:25:21 PM
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

He meant American football/handegg, not the rest of the world's football/soccer.

Java

Quote from: Lotos on June 09, 2010, 12:51:20 PM
He meant American football/handegg, not the rest of the world's football/soccer.
I know. I just felt like being a smartass.
Also, handegg?