News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Oh yeah, Kingdom Hearts time!

Started by Neerb, June 09, 2010, 01:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1095898p1.html

No, I'm not talking about Birth By Sleep, and no, III has not been officially announced.

Remember Coded? That Japanese-exclusive, episodic cell phone game that takes place after II and has you playing as virtual Sora through a digitized Jimminy's Journal to find out some secret message that probably has something to do with a currently unannounced sequel? Didn't think so. Well, as small and off in the corner as the game may seem, it still is part of the official story just as much as Birth By Sleep or 358/2 Days, so this E3, Square will be showing us the upcoming compilation: Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, which will have all episodes shoved together on a DS exclusive game available for all us non-Japanese fans. Am I the only one excited about this?

(oh, and since this thread is specifically about the game Re:Coded, I decided it doesn't really have to go in the E3 board; if a mod decides it does belong there, however, by all means tell me)

SkyMyl

Wait, so Coded is finally getting a US Release?

FUCKING SHIT
IF I KNEW THAT I WOULDN'T HAVE SPOILED THE STORY MONTHS AGO
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Neerb

I always thought it had a US release and they just hadn't announced it yet... it wasn't until I found out about Re:coded that I realized we weren't going to get it on cell phones.  :D

DededeCloneChris

It kind of expected it to be released here. The KH fanbase here is very strong, and we also need to know what the hell happened in that story to make a complete path to Birth By Sleep.

Neerb

Quote from: TheAuraWielder on June 09, 2010, 02:01:16 PM
It kind of expected it to be released here. The KH fanbase here is very strong, and we also need to know what the hell happened in that story to make a complete path to Birth By Sleep.

... or a path from it; seeing as how we JUST learned of this, I don't know if it will be coming before Birth By Sleep. Of course, if all they do is translate and port, they might get it here pretty fast... I personally would prefer if they at least put a bit of polish on it, like how Birth By Sleep is taking so long to get here because of how much extra stuff we're getting (serves us right; we never got any freaking Final Mixes, we at least deserve to get SOME kind of bonuses).

Magnum

Yeah, I remember this one too. That's pretty awesome.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Zero

Never heard of the game, so I just looked it up.

I stopped reading when I saw a screenshot and Sora was still in his KH1 outfit. If the game takes place after KHII then why in the hell is he in that god awful outfit and not his KHII outfit?

I then realized that the Sora in the game was a "data Sora" or some bullpoop. Seriously though, at that point I just...stopped caring. I was actually interested in this for a bit, but they should really just make III already and get it over with.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zero on June 09, 2010, 05:09:59 PM
Never heard of the game, so I just looked it up.

I stopped reading when I saw a screenshot and Sora was still in his KH1 outfit. If the game takes place after KHII then why in the hell is he in that god awful outfit and not his KHII outfit?

I then realized that the Sora in the game was a "data Sora" or some bullpoop. Seriously though, at that point I just...stopped caring. I was actually interested in this for a bit, but they should really just make III already and get it over with.
Read more, dude. According to the plot, there is an important note to Jiminy which he doesn't remember having seen before. It's this that makes the game take place to see what the note means. Instead of being a replay of KH I, it's going to have different stuff in it.

Zero

Yeah but it doesn't look like it has any real significance to the story as a whole. If the game is good, then I'll consider getting it.

Neerb

I'm sure it will be just as significant as 358/2 Days and Birth By Sleep. In fact, I've heard something about what that statement Jiminy finds might mean which sounds crazy significant... but I don't want to say it in case it's right and I accidentally spoil it for us.

Also, don't expect III anytime soon; in addition to this Americanized compilation of the already-available-in-Japan Coded episodes, it's already confirmed that there is going to be at least one more KH game announced in the unknown future before they even consider a III. I wouldn't gripe too much though; regardless of whether or not there's a number on it, all 4 games so far have been great, and BBS looks amazing, so I'm sure Re:coded and this other unknown game will be fun enough to tide us over until they decide to make III... IF they even make III (which I'm sure they will).

Eizweir

So what was that video unlocked in KHII about?  That's something that always confused me.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Neerb

Quote from: Xephyre on June 09, 2010, 08:56:24 PM
So what was that video unlocked in KHII about?  That's something that always confused me.

That's for Birth By Sleep, a PSP game now in Japan and soon in other places that takes place ten years before KHI, starring a guy that looks like Ansem/Xemnas named Terra, a guy that looks like Roxas named Ventus, and some girl named Aqua. The three of them are Keyblade wielders who are sent by their master to find another master who has mysteriously disappeared (apparently Keyblades weren't always all they're cracked up to be; these three and Mickey were everyday apprentices back then just like Jedi apprentices back in Star Wars I-III).

Rius

I wasn't as excited about Coded as I was for BBS and 358/2 Days, but since it's coming to DS and not cell phones, I'm kind of looking forward to it. Though honestly, I would rather have the Final Mixes than the Re: games. Maybe a Final Mix compilation for PS3? *crosses fingers*

Neerb

Quote from: Rius on June 10, 2010, 05:00:11 PM
I wasn't as excited about Coded as I was for BBS and 358/2 Days, but since it's coming to DS and not cell phones, I'm kind of looking forward to it. Though honestly, I would rather have the Final Mixes than the Re: games. Maybe a Final Mix compilation for PS3? *crosses fingers*

I'm pretty sure we've been told by the creator that we're never, ever getting Final Mixes. He said he wants to keep that stuff for the local (Japanese) fanbase.

Rius

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 10, 2010, 05:04:19 PM
I'm pretty sure we've been told by the creator that we're never, ever getting Final Mixes. He said he wants to keep that stuff for the local (Japanese) fanbase.
Fortunately and unfortunately, creators don't make these decisions; investors do. Although it is Square-Enix...

Disney will look out for us, won't they? :(