News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Oh yeah, Kingdom Hearts time!

Started by Neerb, June 09, 2010, 01:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Rius on June 10, 2010, 05:13:59 PM
Fortunately and unfortunately, creators don't make these decisions; investors do. Although it is Square-Enix...

Disney will look out for us, won't they? :(
*Looks at Waltz of the DIAMOND*

Knowing them...it's very unclear.

Zero

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 09, 2010, 05:30:21 PM
I'm sure it will be just as significant as 358/2 Days

...which wasn't significant at all. Birth By Sleep on the other hand, not sure what the hell that one is even about. Square lost me after the "keyblade war" part. NOW EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER HAS A KEYBLADE. EVEN KAIRI HAS A FUCKING KEYBLADE. LETS GO GIVE MINNIE AND DAISY KEYBLADES TOO. KEYBLADES FOR EVERYONE

Seriously it was getting ridiculous. This franchise should have just been a trilogy but HELL people get sucked into crap all the time.

Neerb

Quote from: Zero on June 10, 2010, 09:06:39 PM
...which wasn't significant at all. Birth By Sleep on the other hand, not sure what the hell that one is even about. Square lost me after the "keyblade war" part. NOW EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER HAS A KEYBLADE. EVEN KAIRI HAS A FUCKING KEYBLADE. LETS GO GIVE MINNIE AND DAISY KEYBLADES TOO. KEYBLADES FOR EVERYONE

Seriously it was getting ridiculous. This franchise should have just been a trilogy but HELL people get sucked into crap all the time.

Oh, 358/2 was significant. Granted, it wasn't MUST SEE, but it definitely fills in gaps, as well as alludes to more that will be hopefully filled by Birth by Sleep.

Zero

I just couldn't keep playing the game though. I still have it, its just sitting on my shelf, but I have no desire to continue with it.

I can't remember where I was, but I must not have been very far, as what I do remember about the game had hardly any relation to the main story.

Neerb

Quote from: Zero on June 11, 2010, 09:20:02 AM
I just couldn't keep playing the game though. I still have it, its just sitting on my shelf, but I have no desire to continue with it.

I can't remember where I was, but I must not have been very far, as what I do remember about the game had hardly any relation to the main story.

358/2 Days' ending was the most depressing a video game has ever made me feel.  :(

It's a great game, you should try to finish it. Trust me, it gets better as it goes along. Heck, I'm pretty sure the majority of the game's cutscenes are in the last quarter of the game...

DededeCloneChris

As a matter of fact, 358/2 Days reminded me about the battle system in the first KH. You know, without having to mash buttons so much. Also, it DOES get better if you keep playing.

Neerb

Quote from: TheAuraWielder on June 11, 2010, 01:42:52 PM
As a matter of fact, 358/2 Days reminded me about the battle system in the first KH. You know, without having to mash buttons so much. Also, it DOES get better if you keep playing.

Oh definitely, I had forgotten about that. KHII may be criticized for X and Triangle spamming, but button mashing in 358/2 Days will screw you over in the later levels.

Qsmash

Quote from: Zero on June 11, 2010, 09:20:02 AM

The entire plot is a trainwreck. I find it so confusing. It's just a swirling ball of Darkness, Hearts, Nobodies, and friendship.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Qsmash on June 11, 2010, 08:34:59 PM
The entire plot is a trainwreck. I find it so confusing. It's just a swirling ball of Darkness, Hearts, Nobodies, and friendship.
Disney has the blame in that area. They make fans mass produce Yaoi drawings, and it ALWAYS works...

Rius

Quote from: Qsmash on June 11, 2010, 08:34:59 PM
I think the primary reason for it is to dispel the Axel/Roxas pairings... but we ended up with something borderline incest instead. Oh well, silly Squeenix.
Personally, I liked the game, even if it was lacking in plot. That battle system in particular was much better than CoM. Multiplayer is fun, too.

Neerb

Trailer! They showed it at E3 supposedly, but I never saw it, and now we have English subtitles.

Anyway, this looks AWESOME, and for those of you thinking this game will just be KH1's story rehashed... watch the trailer.

Also, how bout those weird gameplay variations, huh? Standard KH fighting to platforming to side scrolling to turn-based RPG to on-rails shooter? I'm definitely buying this on day one.

SkyMyl

QuoteThe game will play like a mix of Birth by Sleep, 358/2 Days, and the original coded, although the game also makes use of the leveling system from 358/2 Days
I'm not sure about this. I couldn't even get into 358 Days, and I thought the leveling system from days was a little stupid.