News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Started by Magnum, June 14, 2010, 03:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum

You get a ship and another movie. Now, don't get me wrong, that movie was purely awesome, but come on. I was hoping for something more. I really want to see the gameplay they were talking about.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Neerb

MOVIE WAS AMAZING. But yeah, I'd like to see a bit of what we'll actually be playing for: gameplay.

So_So_Man

I can't seem to find the video.  Links?

Neerb

So_So_Man

thanks for the link, but now I have a few things to comment on. 
1.  It must really suck to be Alderan
2.  All of the spaceships seem to have designs very similar to those in KOTOR.  Does this mean there has been 0 technological progress in those 300 years?
3.  That jedi kind of killed the sith with the force...  Isn't that a very dark-sidey thing to do?
4.  The jedi also looks like Bastilla could be related to her, never mind the similarity in weapons choice.  Is this just an acknowledgment of KOTOR, or will she be a major NPC?
5.  If you're going to use such weak grenades, why bother?  Also, why didn't they use the laser minigun more effectively?  Wouldn't it have been better to set him up on a ridge overlooking the army where there were fewer trees in the way?
6.  Why didn't they use the grenade launcher to kill those droids right off the bat?
7.  Why are the grenades so darn weak?
8.  What happened to unmasked commando's knife?
9.  Why bother bringing the commando before a sith IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE to execute him?  Wouldn't it be easier to shoot him while he was knocked out?  Shouldn't they be more worried about him escaping?  It would have all worked so much better if they shot him in the leg.  Anyways, aren't the sith supposed to enjoy that sort of random
pain dealing?

Thats it, I'm done criticizing the republic and sith tactics for now.

Magnum

Quote from: So_So_Man on June 14, 2010, 05:33:43 PM
thanks for the link, but now I have a few things to comment on. 
1.  It must really suck to be Alderan
2.  All of the spaceships seem to have designs very similar to those in KOTOR.  Does this mean there has been 0 technological progress in those 300 years?
3.  That jedi kind of killed the sith with the force...  Isn't that a very dark-sidey thing to do?
4.  The jedi also looks like Bastilla could be related to her, never mind the similarity in weapons choice.  Is this just an acknowledgment of KOTOR, or will she be a major NPC?
5.  If you're going to use such weak grenades, why bother?  Also, why didn't they use the laser minigun more effectively?  Wouldn't it have been better to set him up on a ridge overlooking the army where there were fewer trees in the way?
6.  Why didn't they use the grenade launcher to kill those droids right off the bat?
7.  Why are the grenades so darn weak?
8.  What happened to unmasked commando's knife?
9.  Why bother bringing the commando before a sith IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE to execute him?  Wouldn't it be easier to shoot him while he was knocked out?  Shouldn't they be more worried about him escaping?  It would have all worked so much better if they shot him in the leg.  Anyways, aren't the sith supposed to enjoy that sort of random
pain dealing?

Thats it, I'm done criticizing the republic and sith tactics for now.
If your going to get so freakin' technical, why even watch it? It's suppose to get you excited. The gameplay isn't even going to be close to that. Yes, there are a lot of stuff they did that was completely retarded, but who cares when it looks so good?

I did see some other stuff though, and it looks like the Empire and Republic will start off with 4 classes to choose from each. All of these will have different mission that are aligned with your class. You can team up with other people of different classes to complete certain missions as well.

I know what I'm going to be. Bounty Hunter, without a doubt. You guys have any ideas yet?

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

So_So_Man

Judging by what I've read, its probably going to be the sith guy that can zap people mid dialogue if i get TOR.  Also, insane criticism is my personal way to show my excitement about it... this time.  Though some of the earlier questions are actual things that will be bugging me.