The GameCube has the greatest start-up of any Legacy system to ever be devised.

Started by SkyMyl, June 21, 2010, 11:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

I'm not kidding. Watching the GameCube start-up is a lot like watching the trap play out in Mouse Trap. I could watch it until my eyes melt from their eye sockets and my eardrums implode on themselves. It's a magical sequence, and it's one of the reasons the GameCube is absolutely badass.

...that's what I like to think, anyway. It's entertaining, to say the least. Personally, I consider it the best start-up of any video game system of all time. I dare you to try to find a better start-up to a system than the GameCube.

The first person to post a video of the Xbox 360 will be violently face raped in the near future.

Light

There IS no better startup. Gamecube wins, hands-down. Especially with the hold-z effect:

TBH, I didn't know about the last one until I looked it up a few secs ago.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Lotos

I thought you meant it's launch selection, or at least at Christmas time.  Melee, Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion.  That's a nice selection there.

The Sega Saturn has a decent one.

I believe this is the Japanese start-up, Which is the best in my own opinion.

Tupin

Well, it DID come from the Famicom Disk System startup sound, so I guess it is good.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Java

JrDude

I LOVED THE GAMECUBE THINGY!
I almost always pressed Z to do that
I also thought it would do different music depending on how many controllers did it, nothing, but I did end up trying every controller combination (1, 2, 3, 4 [all had the baby laugh thing at the end]) and found the weird sumo one though.
My favorite is the single Z hold.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Yes, I absolutely adored the GameCube, with all my heart.

brb playing gamecube
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Seeing this makes me wonder why Nintendo never even bother to give Wii a start-up.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

The Riddler

I loved the Gamecube's startup sound, but I did quite love PS1's startup sound too.

Don't forget about Gameboy. The ba-ding! Will never get old.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Detective Conan on June 22, 2010, 02:24:28 PM
I loved the Gamecube's startup sound, but I did quite love PS1's startup sound too.

Don't forget about Gameboy. The ba-ding! Will never get old.
Oh, yeah.
I remember that.

The Nintendo logo would scroll downward, and as it hit the center of the screen it would make that ba-ding sound.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Silverhawk79

I miss my Gamecube.
I might take it to college with me if I can't take the Wii.

SkyMyl

Silverhawk79