News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

You guys ever wonder what Hironobu Sakaguchi has been doing?

Started by SkyMyl, July 09, 2010, 11:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

I don't know about what he did immediately after he left Square, but most recently, he's been involved with another RPG that has a title which gives the impression it will be his last hurrah. Oh yeah, it's also on the Wii. Nothing yet on a release outside Japan.

Impressions, everyone?

Neerb

Wow, that looks really good... and for the wii you say? I might have to check this out... if America gets it.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Mewtwo on July 09, 2010, 07:36:10 PM
Wow, that looks really good... and for the wii you say? I might have to check this out... if America gets it.
And that's the key phrase here. If America gets it.

...then again, this isn't Square-Enix, who ninnyslaps other regions with their Japan exclusives.

Light

Why, hello there, Gamecube-leveled graphics.

But the gameplay looks decent, so IDK. Might be good, might not.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Neerb

Quote from: HADES on July 09, 2010, 07:58:43 PM

But the gameplay looks decent, so IDK. Might be good, might not.

Better than the PS1/PS2 graphics that half the third-party games Wii get have.

SkyMyl

Quote from: HADES on July 09, 2010, 07:58:43 PM
You implying the Wii doesn't have Gamecube level graphics to begin with?

DededeCloneChris

The game must be good. We're talking about the father of Final Fantasy here. His depart from SE pretty much screwed the company's main series ala Sonic creator's depart (though the latter hasn't proved to be that successful either). If Sakaguchi doesn't do a good job here, then that's that. He really needs to command SE to glory again.

BTW, the graphics are very good.

The Riddler

Looks interesting but there is something bothering me about it. I can't put my finger on it.

Chaos

I really wish that Wii could step up it's graphics, but it's not that much of a concern. The game looks great. The fighting reminds me of Mystic Heroes for the Gamecube. But that was a long time ago so I don't remember all that much. Hopefully it comes out for America. I would definitely pick it up.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Chaos on July 10, 2010, 07:24:54 AM
I really wish that Wii could step up it's graphics, but it's not that much of a concern. The game looks great. The fighting reminds me of Mystic Heroes for the Gamecube. But that was a long time ago so I don't remember all that much. Hopefully it comes out for America. I would definitely pick it up.
Graphics aren't important. They only make the game look prettier while hiding a very bad gameplay behind them. I'm not saying this game is bad, though.

SkyMyl

Quote from: TheAuraWielder on July 10, 2010, 12:30:43 PM
Graphics aren't important. They only make the game look prettier while hiding a very bad gameplay behind them.

Commander Awesome

Rayquarian

Why do people always attack the graphics of decent looking games?