News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Favorite game franchise from your favorite third party?

Started by SkyMyl, July 13, 2010, 11:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

You know how we've had two threads here about what your favorite third party company is?

Taking the answer from there (You don't have to copy and paste, or list your favorite third party company), what is your absolute favorite franchise that your favorite third party company has made? For me, it's Capcom and Mega Man...but that should be apparent by this point.

The poor Mega Man franchise is being shamed by Star Force, though. It's defecating upon the glorious sidescrollers that filled our childhood, and the Mega Man name itself. Star Force makes Battle Network look great by comparison!

...I digress. What's your favorite franchise from your favorite third party company?

Zero

Ditto. Capcom x Mega Man.

Hey now, Battle Network was solid story wise until Red Sun, and even then the final entry in the series was pretty intercourse ing good. The gameplay has always been a little on the meh side, but it was still fun. Star Force was a mistake, definitely. No idea why Capcom decided to make those games instead of making better Mega Man games and if they HAD to make RPG-like games then why not focus on a Command Mission-esque game?

If I don't get a game that fills in the gap between MMX and Mega Man Zero, I'll be disappointed.

Shujinco2

Atari, and the Budokai series.

Those are both pretty win.

Silverhawk79

Neerb

SEGA = Sonic the Hedgehog

Not that Sonic is my favorite 3rd party franchise, but it's my favorite game from my favorite 3rd party, so... yeah.

ThePowerOfOne

Rayquarian

I'll agree with you and say Capcom and MegaMan, but I really only have played the games released for Wiiware.

Kaz

A FIGHTING ROBOT
MEGA MAN!
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT
MEGA MAN!

such an easy choice, the blue bomber for life yo
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.