News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

return of Namco vs. Capcom **UPDATE: STEET FIGHTER VS. TEKKEN**

Started by Nayrman, July 20, 2010, 12:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

http://kotaku.com/5591240/rumor-namco-vs-capcom-capcom-vs-namco-in-development?skyline=true&s=i

Rumor has it that the Capcom crossover series will continue, but with a return of Namco vs. Capcom. There will be two versions of the game, according to the report. Capcom vs. Namco will be similar to Street Fighter 4 (and will no doubt play like Marvel vs. Capcom 3 in some sense, as all three are on the same engine). The second will be Namco vs. Capcom, developed by Namco and will run on Tekken 6's fighting engine.

Well, it'll be interesting to see what happens if this is true, I'd love to see Pac-Man in a Tekken clone for no reason. :P

Update 7/24/10:
Ok, so the rumor was partially true.
http://kotaku.com/5595524/street-fighter-x-tekken-unveiled-as-capcoms-next-fighting-game-crossover

This IS a Namco and Capcom crossover, but shallower in scope than originally thought. It is a crossover between Street Fighter and Tekken. Like the rumor said, there will be two versions based on which company is making it. Capcom will be Street Fighter styled, and Namco will be Tekken 6 styled.

To be honest, this really killed it for me. Tekken is probably one of the most overrated fighting franchises out there, and simply teaming up with Street Fighter won't get me interested, ESPECIALLY considering we're going to be getting a much bigger crossover, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 in the same time period. Make it a full company thing, and I'd be interested.

DEBUT TRAILER

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30596
GAMEPLAY

Shujinco2

I call it now: Dig Dug Guy = Top Tier

Neerb

SOUL CALIBER VS STREET FIGHTER

Oh, and if "Namco" means Namco-Bandai, let's throw in some Digimon!  :D

SkyMyl

Wait, a FIGHTING game crossover between Namco and Capcom? Wow, I really didn't expect this. Not too into Namco vs. Capcom, as I don't really like 3D fighters.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Mewtwo on July 20, 2010, 01:15:57 PM
SOUL CALIBER VS STREET FIGHTER

Oh, and if "Namco" means Namco-Bandai, let's throw in some Digimon!  :D
Inb4 Goku

Cornwad

I'M PRETTY SURE THIS ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. IT IS ALL BASED ON RUMORS THAT WERE RANDOMLY THROWN OUT THERE ALONG WITH CVS3 AND MK VS SF, AND IT ONLY STARTED UP AGAIN AFTER ONO AND THAT TEKKEN GUY WERE BOTH AT EVO TOGETHER. ONO HAS TALKED ABOUT IT ON HIS TWITTER AND HE ISN'T ACTING LIKE ITS A REAL THING

Turok

Quote from: Cornwad on July 20, 2010, 03:52:57 PM
I'M PRETTY SURE THIS ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. IT IS ALL BASED ON RUMORS THAT WERE RANDOMLY THROWN OUT THERE ALONG WITH CVS3 AND MK VS SF, AND IT ONLY STARTED UP AGAIN AFTER ONO AND THAT TEKKEN GUY WERE BOTH AT EVO TOGETHER. ONO HAS TALKED ABOUT IT ON HIS TWITTER AND HE ISN'T ACTING LIKE ITS A REAL THING
COOL STORY BRO.

I don't want this to be real, I just have an amazingly bad feeling about it. "Suck-vibes" if you will.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Nayrman

Updated, so it's a Street Fighter and Tekken crossover... sounds...underwhelming actually.

Cornwad

Yeah, I can't say I'm excited. Zangief vs Kuma should be awesome though and Dan is in the game so now all we need is Hakan.

The real news is that the new Street Fighter characters are being announced at TGS.

SkyMyl

Qsmash

I hope we get some characters like Rolento and Elena and not just everyone who was in SFIV otherwise they sould just call it SFIV vs. Tekken 6.

Cornwad

Quote from: Qsmash on July 24, 2010, 05:04:02 PM
I hope we get some characters like Rolento and Elena and not just everyone who was in SFIV otherwise they sould just call it SFIV vs. Tekken 6.
Well Rolento and Elena are top candidates to be revealed as new characters at TGS anyway.

Neerb

So the vast majority of the Capcom cast in Marvel vs Capcom will be cut out (including all the ones I care about), and the Namco side has no chance of old school characters, Soul Caliber, Katamari, or anyone else I wanted in. I no longer care about this game.