News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

DC Universe Online

Started by Neerb, July 25, 2010, 10:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/movies.vm?movie=DCUO_CGI_072310&category=allvideos

New cinematic trailer. Everyone has awesome battle armor, Cyborg looks like he's freaking War Machine, and YES, THAT IS KEVIN CONROY AND MARK HAMILL.

For those who don't know about this game yet, it's a make-your-own-hero/villain MMO that takes place in the DC Universe, allowing your own created hero or villain to explore its famous locations and fight alongside and against it's many heroes and villains... and apparently there's an awesome story, too, as shown by the above cinematic trailer. However, this isn't a point-and-click rpg, it's an ACTION game; you control your attacks and movements just as if you were playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance or some other such action game, only there's thousands of other players online at the same time.

It comes out this November for PS3 and PC. At the moment, I'm not sure how much it costs in terms of monthly fees, but hopefully the PS3 version runs for free; if they pull some total bull and charge us for the PS3 version even though all other PSN games are free to play, I almost definitely won't get this game.

Cornwad

Psh, if it's only on PS3 and PC it might as well not exist. Mark Hamill is always good though. It's a shame they couldn't Clancy for Lex though.

Neerb

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1108657p1.html

It costs $15 a month to play, even on PS3.

:| :| :| :| :| >:(

Screw you Sony, all your other games that have online are free, why not this one? No game in EXISTENCE is worth $180 a year plus $60 for the disc. And to think, I thought DC would finally have a game worth buying that wasn't just Batman.

The Riddler

Quote from: Mewtwo on July 26, 2010, 04:51:31 PM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1108657p1.html

It costs $15 a month to play, even on PS3.

:| :| :| :| :| >:(

Screw you Sony, all your other games that have online are free, why not this one? No game in EXISTENCE is worth $180 a year plus $60 for the disc. And to think, I thought DC would finally have a game worth buying that wasn't just Batman.
lol you thought an MMO like this would be free?

Neerb

I hoped, yes, given that every other game that people play every single day on PSN is free.  :(

Seriously, you could get 3 years of Xbox Live for one of this. Heck, including the disc price, you could get an Xbox 360 for this. :|

I'm not used to MMOs, so I might not understand how this pricing system works, but this seems ridiculous.

Cornwad

Yeah, MMOs are like that. The fact that most PS3 games have free online is a pretty dumb reason, I mean a ton of PC games have free online too.

Neerb

I hope there's at least SOME way to do SOMETHING with the disc for free; maybe you can play the story without connecting to the internet or something. Seriously, console users play consoles for a reason; we aren't used to paying $15 a month for a single game in addition to the initial $60, and I can tell you right now that Sony's not gonna sell a whole lot of PS3 versions of the game now that this news is out. The fact that Star Craft II and FFXIV are coming out soon doesn't bode so well either.

The Riddler

Quote from: Mewtwo on July 26, 2010, 05:00:18 PM
I hoped, yes, given that every other game that people play every single day on PSN is free.  :(

Seriously, you could get 3 years of Xbox Live for one of this. Heck, including the disc price, you could get an Xbox 360 for this. :|

I'm not used to MMOs, so I might not understand how this pricing system works, but this seems ridiculous.
None of those other games are MMOs.

Cornwad

Quote from: Mewtwo on July 26, 2010, 06:31:13 PM
I hope there's at least SOME way to do SOMETHING with the disc for free; maybe you can play the story without connecting to the internet or something. Seriously, console users play consoles for a reason; we aren't used to paying $15 a month for a single game in addition to the initial $60, and I can tell you right now that Sony's not gonna sell a whole lot of PS3 versions of the game now that this news is out.
The PC version costs $50 plus $15 a month. You pay the extra $10 for the console version if you don't have a computer that can handle the game. Upgrading a PC usually costs more than $10.

The Riddler

Missed that part.

Mewtwo, in MMOs, there isn't a "Single player mode." You buy the game, then you pay to play it.

Same thing with WoW, FFXI, City of Heroes, etc etc etc.

Neerb

I suppose I've simply put my hopes in something that I never had a chance of getting. Oh well.

Is anyone else here interested in getting this game at all?

taken to da limit

No. Never was intrested in MMOs. Never like the way they work...