News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Your favorite Metroid game

Started by SkyMyl, July 30, 2010, 02:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

That isn't Metroid Prime or Super Metroid. If Super Metroid isn't your favorite Metroid game, then just post your favorite Metroid game. Should be relatively simple.

For me, it's Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, mostly for the epic nostalgia wave whenever I play it. I got the game around November, and I remember the whole "Metroid Prime 2 VS Halo 2" arguments, unless I'm imagining them, which I probably am. But still, as barren and boring as Agon Wastes is, going through Torvus Bog and Sanctuary Fortress bring an epic nostalgia wave into my mind, Sanctuary Fortress in particular. And while the game is more linear than Prime 1, and tries so hard to prevent sequence breaking (And succeeded), it's still pretty darn good.

...but really, limited beam ammo? Why? Whose idea was it to limit the ammo of the other beam weapons from infinite to 100-250 or so? That was one of the few things that kills Prime 2 for me, is the limited ammo for your PRIMARY WEAPONS. If you're me, then you'll stick with the Power Beam because you don't want to waste ammo for the Light and Dark beams for when you really need it, like for puzzles or bosses, but that kind of ruins the point since you're relying on your first weapon more than the upgrades given to you! And of course, the Boost Ball Guardian. That cheap intercourse er would infuriate just about many first timers who played Prime 2. But he doesn't even compare to the Spider Ball Guardian. Lord help you if you haven't mastered the Morph Ball even halfway, or else you will be dominated by a intercourse ing pillbug.

...this post wasn't meant to be this long. Bottom line, I love Prime 2. Third favorite Metroid game. You share your favorite Metroid game that isn't Prime 1 and Super.

Super Metroid!!!! But uh... beyond that maybe Fusion or Zero Mission and then Prime 3. 
...̅̅̅

Cornwad

Zero Mission is a lot of fun if you can't have Prime 1 or Super.

ThePowerOfOne

Echoes has been my favorite since the second I started playing it. I love it's darker feel and the whole light/dark thing. I know the portals were a pain for some people, but I really enjoyed it.

Biggest pain for me was, of course, the intercourse ing boost guardian. I've played the game a million times, but I still almost always lose to that little bastard at least once. The spider guardian was ok, up until the last stage. Jesus... Took me forever to beat him, the stupid timer kept running out before I power bombed up to the last slot >_>

Rayquarian

I'd say Fusion.  It's pretty much the only real Metroid game I've completed.

Kaz

That isn't Prime or Super? You jerk. :'(

Fusion then. My order goes like this:

Super
Prime
Fusion
Prime 2
Zero Mission
Prime 3
Metroid
Metroid II

Haven't played Hunters or...Pinball, lol.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Silverhawk79

Prime 2. I never beat Prime 1...or 2...or 3...
;_;
And I have sadly never played the earlier games.