News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Metroid...

Started by dawnwolfNxhoj, July 31, 2010, 06:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawnwolfNxhoj

Hello to whomever is reading this.., and sorry if you thought this was a metroid discussion board.

Reason I'm posting this is that I want to try playing more of the metroid series, but I have no idea where I should start. So in particular, I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on what I should do.

And as a last note, I've already played metroid prime and beaten it

so to those who can help me, thank you. if not, thank you anyways^-^

SkyMyl

All right, a quick rundown of the series in chronological order.

Metroid: Good, but it's really shown its age since it first came out. You will get lost a lot because a lot of the areas look the same and there are no maps. It's also very hard. Hardcore gamers apply.
Metroid Prime: You already beat it.
Metroid Prime 2: A good place to start since you beat Prime 1. It's my personal favorite in the Prime series, but it's not as good as Prime 1 in certain areas. Still a solid game.
Metroid Prime 3: I advise not playing this until you beat Prime 2, primarily because of the story. It's okay, but it's not as good as Prime 1 and 2, in my opinion.
Metroid II: Return of Samus: Makes improvements over the original, but it still suffers from the lack of a map, but it's more linear than Metroid 1. Haven't beaten it, so I wouldn't know that much about it.
Super Metroid: Fucking awesome. The general consensus is that it's amazing, and is still one of the best games of all time. When it comes to plot, you might be a bit lost if you haven't played Metroid 1 or 2, but it's still the perfect place to start at.
Metroid Fusion: A darn good game, and a rather good sequel to Super Metroid. Again, from a story standpoint, I advise beating Super Metroid first.
Metroid Zero Mission: A remake of Metroid 1, and another great place to start from. It takes some of the updates from Super Metroid and throws it into the original game. If you want to play the series in chronological order, if you care about story, then I advise playing Zero Mission first.

The short version, is if you really enjoyed Prime 1, go hunt down Prime 2 and Prime 3. If you want to play through the series in chronological order, start from Zero Mission. If you don't care about the order, then I highly recommend playing Super Metroid, since it fills you in on the events of the first two games and is just overall a kickass game.

Homewrecker

Super Metroid or Zero Mission, gogo.