News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Now, how many of you still play Melee?

Started by SkyMyl, August 05, 2010, 02:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

The immediate counterpart to the topic I just made here, because anyone who likes Melee doesn't like Brawl. No in-betweens to this. You either love Brawl more than Melee, or hate Brawl and swear by Melee. But enough of that debate. It got old years ago.

How many of you still play Melee, the predecessor to Brawl? I don't play it that often, only because it requires putting a Memory Card into my Wii. Yes, I'm so gosh darn lazy to put a Memory Card into my system that I play Brawl more often. Though, I haven't played Brawl on my Wii in a year. So look who's talking. I actually did play Melee recently, and proceeded to get my ass kicked by the less forgiving button pressing time frames. Still fun, though.

...yeah.

Nayrman

Well, I don't really play either all that much. I just don't have the time for gaming like I used to anymore. But I certainly logged a LOT more hours in Melee than I did Brawl.

DededeCloneChris

Same reason as SkyMyl, except for the fact I play Brawl the most now.

Depster

I play Brawl because everyone else does.  I play Melee when I want to have a lot more fun.

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

StarWindWizard7

I like brawl a lot more then melee... like 100% more...
I wonder where my melee disk is anyway. mmm...

Shujinco2

I still play a lot of Melee.

And god, I miss my Brawl disk.

I love both.

Chaos

I kind of stopped playing both. But stopped Melee before Brawl. I haven't touched Melee, probably since SSBB came out. I started to get back into Brawl, but I did that because I wanted to get some unlockables. My Wii and along with other possessions were stolen a while back so that killed my gaming phase for a week or so.

Level_9_Chao

My 2 most hardcore Smashing friends both moved a few years ago, but they both came down to visit this summer, and obviously we played a lot. It was about 80% Melee. This is possibly because it's what we played together, growing up, but I still think Melee has more depth than Brawl. It's faster. The Final Destination is less crappy.

I'm also not fond of how Link and Peach got so nerfed in Brawl and I'm just starting to main them in Melee. >_>
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

tibar21

sadly i dont really play melee anymore. the gameplay is so much different that its too much of a shock to me to suddenly play since i play brawl all the time. the funny thing is in brawl i main 2 newcomers and in melee a couple of my mains were booted (Roy, Doc), so its never the complete package. Also im just better at brawl XD
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Neerb

I play Melee, but only to play as Mewtwo and go on the great stages that Brawl abandoned.

Level_9_Chao

Quote from: Batchu on August 15, 2010, 10:25:22 AM
I play Melee, but only to play as Mewtwo and go on the great stages that Brawl abandoned.

Fourside, I loved you. ;_;
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Neerb

Kaz

Pokefloats is an abomination that should've never been made in the first place.

Anyway yes I still play Melee, but not real often. Usually just with my girlfriend.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Kaz on August 16, 2010, 11:33:48 AM
Pokefloats is an abomination that should've never been made in the first place.

QFT.
I can't stand that stage.

tibar21

pokefloats was the poop. creative stages like that was one of the things brawl lacked.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746