News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Shovelware.

Started by Tupin, August 21, 2010, 10:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

You know that the Wii and DS libraries are absolutely buried in shovelware, but I think we've reached a new point: a game based off of Chuck E Cheeses.

http://diehardgamefan.com/2010/08/18/review-chuck-e-cheese%E2%80%99s-party-games-wii/

Really, this is not what the Wii needs, and I think a game like this could have been done on the PS1.

Ever buy a game and then realize you bought shovelware? I did buy Carnival Games. I don't know if it was my Wii Remote doing a silent protest, but when I was inserting batteries into it right before I was going to play it for the first time, the battery sparked and started smoking. That pretty much sums up my experience with the game.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

StarWindWizard7

I'm already fed up with the Wii as is when it comes to "DECENT" games.
It's not my kind of game, but the only game that's coming out soon that looks really good is Metroid Other M. I won't pick up this game at all, but I'm glad it's something.

To me, Nintendo comes along once every 6-8 Months with a game I'm interested in, while honestly the other multitudes of party mini games are total B.S. Of course This game here included.

Chuck E Cheese? Really??
*sighs* I'm not gonna rant about it too much longer, but over all...
I'm just waiting for the Next Nintendo Console to come out.

Neerb

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on August 29, 2010, 02:08:42 PM
the only game that's coming out soon that looks really good is Metroid Other M.

Did you completely miss E3, or is Metroid the only Nintendo series you like? Sure, Nintendo's disappointed in the past, but "coming soon" aka "later this year and early next year," we'll be getting the most hard core line-up for Wii, DS, and 3DS since... well, since the Gamecube first game out.

SkyMyl

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on August 29, 2010, 02:08:42 PM
the only game that's coming out soon that looks really good is Metroid Other M.
Star, are you not interested in the new Kirby? Or Donkey Kong Country Returns? Those are mere months away, therefore coming out soon. How could you forget both?

The Seventh

A game...based off Chuck E. Cheeses?  Oh my god, how much lower can one go...and to be honest, I don't want to know.
meh

FruitFlow

LOL. What more could you expect from a console directed at the casual gamers?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

PsychoYoshi

All the fun of Chuck E. Cheese's without the mediocre, salty pizza, the E. coli-infested plastic climbing play area, and pedos lurking around every corner. Should be a great game!

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Batchu on August 29, 2010, 03:32:15 PM
Did you completely miss E3, or is Metroid the only Nintendo series you like? Sure, Nintendo's disappointed in the past, but "coming soon" aka "later this year and early next year," we'll be getting the most hard core line-up for Wii, DS, and 3DS since... well, since the Gamecube first game out.
Metroid is NOT the kind of game I like as I stated before hand.
I missed E3 but I saw the trailers for the games that were coming out on Wii, and the 3D thingy.

I'm only speaking for Wii console games...
I own a D.S. but I'm not gonna get into that. lol

I saw Sonic, Donkey Kong etc... but the kind of games I'm personally into has nothing to do with these games.

I'm talking about epic RPG like adventures such as another Tales game "Tales of Grace" for example (was there an e 3 trailer about that?).
Sorry for not being clearer on what I meant in the 1st place, but honestly......

You have more Crap games then any kind of hardcore game by a long shot and I think that's totally unfair.
:P

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: SkyMyl on August 29, 2010, 03:51:58 PM
Star, are you not interested in the new Kirby? Or Donkey Kong Country Returns? Those are mere months away, therefore coming out soon. How could you forget both?
Not interested in Kirby at All.

As far as Donkey Kong....... I may have to think about that one...honestly.

Neerb

So, no Metroid Other M, Sonic Colors, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Epic Mickey, Kirby's Epic Yarn, GoldenEye 007, Conduit 2, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword... you don't like any of those?

FruitFlow

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on August 31, 2010, 11:50:21 PM
Metroid is NOT the kind of game I like as I stated before hand.
I missed E3 but I saw the trailers for the games that were coming out on Wii, and the 3D thingy.

I'm only speaking for Wii console games...
I own a D.S. but I'm not gonna get into that. lol

I saw Sonic, Donkey Kong etc... but the kind of games I'm personally into has nothing to do with these games.

I'm talking about epic RPG like adventures such as another Tales game "Tales of Grace" for example (was there an e 3 trailer about that?).
Sorry for not being clearer on what I meant in the 1st place, but honestly......

You have more Crap games then any kind of hardcore game by a long shot and I think that's totally unfair.
:P
Hey, Star.
I'm not certain if you knew about this already, but Graces is staying as a Japan exclusive game for the time being.
Namco Bandai is restricting its release in the US for pretty dumb reasons.

I was really looking forward to it too.
I believe it has been about a year now since it was first announced, and already they're making last minute decisions telling us the game isn't being released in the US.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: ElvenWonder on September 01, 2010, 10:57:15 AM
Hey, Star.
I'm not certain if you knew about this already, but Graces is staying as a Japan exclusive game for the time being.
Namco Bandai is restricting its release in the US for pretty dumb reasons.

I was really looking forward to it too.
I believe it has been about a year now since it was first announced, and already they're making last minute decisions telling us the game isn't being released in the US.
Really? wtf why??
Why can't we get a game as good looking as that?!
That just pisses me off, wth!
I'm gonna do some research on it. *sighs*

Quote from: Batchu on September 01, 2010, 10:23:02 AM
So, no Metroid Other M, Sonic Colors, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Epic Mickey, Kirby's Epic Yarn, GoldenEye 007, Conduit 2, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword... you don't like any of those?
Metroid Other M is a "FPS" as far as I'm concerned, I don't like those kind of games.
Sonic Colors is still under development, personally I'd like to see more info about the game.
Golden eye 007, Conduit are FPS's as far as I'm concerned.
I already mentioned my opinion on Donkey Kong Country.
Epic Monkey... "um..what?" :|

And the Zelda game is a game I'm going to get regardless. Lol

SkyMyl

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on September 01, 2010, 12:27:28 PM
Metroid Other M is a "FPS" as far as I'm concerned, I don't like those kind of games.
Sonic Colors is still under development, personally I'd like to see more info about the game.
Golden eye 007, Conduit are FPS's as far as I'm concerned.
I already mentioned my opinion on Donkey Kong Country.
Epic Monkey... "um..what?" :|
Metroid Other M is more of an action game than an FPS. You can go into a mode that kind of plays like Metroid Prime (FPA), but it's not an FPS.

Sonic Colors plays like the daytime stages from Sonic Unleashed. Videos of the E3 build are up on Youtube, if you haven't seen 'em.

And Epic Mickey is a game starring Mickey Mouse, but it's not the delightful, kind, cheerful Mickey Mouse we're familiar with these days.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: SkyMyl on September 01, 2010, 04:40:20 PM
Metroid Other M is more of an action game than an FPS. You can go into a mode that kind of plays like Metroid Prime (FPA), but it's not an FPS.

Sonic Colors plays like the daytime stages from Sonic Unleashed. Videos of the E3 build are up on Youtube, if you haven't seen 'em.

And Epic Mickey is a game starring Mickey Mouse, but it's not the delightful, kind, cheerful Mickey Mouse we're familiar with these days.
I'm sorry, I thought you said Epic Monkey not Mickey.

Ahh yes, Micky... The 1 game I truly loved from Disney was "Micky Mouse & Donald Duck in the World of Illusion" ......my god..so many wonderful memories of That game.
*Tear...*
I have to wait and see what it's about, right now I don't really have an opinion on it juuust yet.

I'm not a fan of Metroid Period, so that's my call. Yeah I'm missing out but I don't care.

We'll just have to wait and see. As I said, the games I'm personally looking forward to..well I don't see them coming.

FruitFlow

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on September 01, 2010, 12:27:28 PM
Really? wtf why??
Why can't we get a game as good looking as that?!
That just pisses me off, wth!
I'm gonna do some research on it. *sighs*

Yeah, I know. It sounds really stupid doesn't it, lol?
We finally get a brand new Wii Tales game confirmed, yet we're not the ones that will be enjoying it.
Tales of Symphonia was the best Tales game I've ever played, so I hope Namco will provide us with a third installment revolving only around the "original cast" like the first did.

I wasn't very fond of Dawn of the New World since its primary focus was on the two new characters. (Which both sucked)

But hey, if I hear anything new on Graces I'll keep you updated.

@MYL: Are you looking forward to Conduit 2?
I may not get it, but that only varies if enough people here buy it so I can have people to do online with.