News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Started by Neerb, March 02, 2011, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

The "origin story" you mention is just the trident transforming Ganondorf into Ganon instead of the Triforce of Power. That's hardly a major contradiction and who knows, both could have caused this transformation.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Neerb on July 06, 2011, 08:31:32 AM
Regardless of whether it's 3D or 2D, the point remains there are still multiple Ganons and we could therefore have more. Also, the timeline doesn't "fall apart" when 2D games are inserted, because they (or at least the Four Sword series) don't necessarily contradict anything; the real problem is just the opposite, that the FSS (and most 2D games) could actually go almost anywhere because they are self-contained.
Regardless, the fact remains that it's one Ganon to one "canon." (For lack of a better word.) The reincarnation thing Link and Zelda have has, thus far, never been applied to Ganondorf, and, while several games mention past heroes or Zeldas, not one has mentioned a past Ganon. Adding Ganon to SS would not be in-line with anything they've done in the past.

Neerb

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on July 06, 2011, 12:25:55 PM
Regardless, the fact remains that it's one Ganon to one "canon." (For lack of a better word.) The reincarnation thing Link and Zelda have has, thus far, never been applied to Ganondorf, and, while several games mention past heroes or Zeldas, not one has mentioned a past Ganon. Adding Ganon to SS would not be in-line with anything they've done in the past.

Except for in FSA. There's no reason FSS can't be canon, and Nintendo has never implied that it was a different canon. They have implied, however, that more than one character can exist; there have been multiple Links, Zeldas, possibly Tingles, even Guru-Gurus, and we know that they're different because they appear in completely different times with completely different backstories. Whether the FSS goes in the Adult Timeline or the Child Timeline is of course up for speculation, but either way it was never intended to be some alternate universe.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Neerb on July 06, 2011, 01:16:18 PM
Except for in FSA. There's no reason FSS can't be canon, and Nintendo has never implied that it was a different canon. They have implied, however, that more than one character can exist; there have been multiple Links, Zeldas, possibly Tingles, even Guru-Gurus, and we know that they're different because they appear in completely different times with completely different backstories. Whether the FSS goes in the Adult Timeline or the Child Timeline is of course up for speculation, but either way it was never intended to be some alternate universe.
We obviously have different opinions, so it's probably best just to end it here. We'll see when the game comes out.

Neerb

Agreed; either way, though, I really hope Ganondorf has a cameo AT MOST. I'd like another 3D Zelda without the iconic villain.

JrDude

Baby ganon?
Ganondorf's parents? (grandparents?)
Maybe an explanation on how Gerudos can only be female, yet can still have babies. It's possible that the father doesn't have to be Gerudo to have a Gerudo baby, but I'd like it to confirm that with a married couple that is Some-Race + Gerudo mother or some other explanation.

Maybe Nintendo can just pull a stupid move and have the Goddess of Time (from MM) make an appearance and somehow Ganondorf uses her power to go back in time and (try to and fail to) kick the ass of this Link.
Something like that could explain the Hero's tunic. I mean, why does this Link have it? It's official that his town doesn't all coincidentally wear green tunics, it has to come from somewhere!
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Quote from: JrDude 益 on July 07, 2011, 02:58:18 AM
Baby ganon?
Ganondorf's parents? (grandparents?)
Maybe an explanation on how Gerudos can only be female, yet can still have babies. It's possible that the father doesn't have to be Gerudo to have a Gerudo baby, but I'd like it to confirm that with a married couple that is Some-Race + Gerudo mother or some other explanation.

Maybe Nintendo can just pull a stupid move and have the Goddess of Time (from MM) make an appearance and somehow Ganondorf uses her power to go back in time and (try to and fail to) kick the ass of this Link.
Something like that could explain the Hero's tunic. I mean, why does this Link have it? It's official that his town doesn't all coincidentally wear green tunics, it has to come from somewhere!

A gossip stone next to the Temple of Time in Ocarina of Time says that the Gerudos "sometimes come to Market Town looking for boyfriends." So, I guess Gerudos can mate with other races, but their genes dominate so that it's impossible for them to have a boy except for once every hundred years.

What I'm more curious about is if less obvious races can pair up, like Hylians with Zoras (after all, Link was engaged for 7 years; I question if Ruto really expected that to go anywhere).

JrDude

Quote from: Neerb on July 07, 2011, 08:01:21 AM
A gossip stone next to the Temple of Time in Ocarina of Time says that the Gerudos "sometimes come to Market Town looking for boyfriends." So, I guess Gerudos can mate with other races, but their genes dominate so that it's impossible for them to have a boy except for once every hundred years.

What I'm more curious about is if less obvious races can pair up, like Hylians with Zoras (after all, Link was engaged for 7 years; I question if Ruto really expected that to go anywhere).
I know of that gossip stone, but it only says "boyfriends," and it seems all of the Gerudos of that game were single, so they must have struck out, or never got far in the relationship.
I know of the guesses, I just want official game conformation.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Quote from: JrDude 益 on July 07, 2011, 10:37:15 AM
I know of that gossip stone, but it only says "boyfriends," and it seems all of the Gerudos of that game were single, so they must have struck out, or never got far in the relationship.
I know of the guesses, I just want official game conformation.

... I'm pretty sure "boyfriends" is just talking it down for the "E for everyone" rating. The stone isn't actually going to say "Gerudo warriors sometimes raid villages to rape Hylian men," and having a bunch of Hylian husbands around the fortress would lessen the "group of all-female thieves" angle.

JrDude

"Husband" is still rated E.
And they don't need boys there, just Gerudos somewhere else next to a guy she's "married" to or some poop. AND A FEMALE BABY
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Are you guys seriously arguing that marriage references will give a game a more mature rating?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on July 09, 2011, 07:34:19 PM
Are you guys seriously arguing that marriage references will give a game a more mature rating?

I was saying the rating MIGHT have gone up if it blatantly stated they captured men for mating purposes (after all, they changed Ganon's blood from red to green to save kid-friendliness). All I said about marriage was that the "gang of all-female thieves with one male every 100 years" element would be ruined if the Gerudo's husbands were hanging around the fort.

The point is, the gossip stone even bothering to mention "boyfriends" in the first place was an explanation to how Gerudos reproduce, probably so people wouldn't start assuming they all mate with Ganondorf or something like that.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

I don't care what the rating will be. Being E, E 10+, or T doesn't really matter one bit for me.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayo on July 13, 2011, 07:01:31 PM
I don't care what the rating will be. Being E, E 10+, or T doesn't really matter one bit for me.

It will be rated EC. Link and Zelda live on Sesame Street, Mr. Rodgers is one of the teachers, Dora the Explorer is a central character, and Barney is the final boss.